SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

View Poll Results: Should waders be allowed to fish tournaments?
Yes 64 75.29%
No 21 24.71%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2011, 10:42 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,811

A lot of times its for safety reason but other times too peoples integrity is what it boils down to. People wading could use it to their advantage to gain access to areas they can't access by boat (fishing a leveled field). I've fished in redfish tournaments from Panama city beach to Sabine Lake. There's times where prefishing you could access a pond easily on your boat but tournament day water blows out the water and the fish are sitting I'm back of the pond. Wading would give u the advantage. Wading does have disavantages as well we all know that. Safety reasons, man there's people out there that would do f***ed up **** for money. With that said whats to stop someone from burning a flat thay waders are on? Also we all know some people don't even pay attention while steering the boat. You're putting the waders in jeopardy. Without being a "official" tournament and having some sort of insurance that could spell bad juju for person organizing the betting event. I say no waders. IMO

Last edited by Pole_benda; 12-26-2011 at 10:53 AM. Reason: changed tournament to "betting event"
Old 12-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post
Wait, that ain't fair to us non waders. Most wading tourneys allow boats. ;-)
Always someone *****ing...
Old 12-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pole_benda View Post
A lot of times its for safety reason but other times too peoples integrity is what it boils down to. People wading could use it to their advantage to gain access to areas they can't access by boat (fishing a leveled field). I've fished in redfish tournaments from Panama city beach to Sabine Lake. There's times where prefishing you could access a pond easily on your boat but tournament day water blows out the water and the fish are sitting I'm back of the pond. Wading would give u the advantage. Wading does have disavantages as well we all know that. Safety reasons, man there's people out there that would do f***ed up **** for money. With that said whats to stop someone from burning a flat thay waders are on? Also we all know some people don't even pay attention while steering the boat. You're putting the waders in jeopardy. Without being a "official" tournament and having some sort of insurance that could spell bad juju for person organizing the tournament. I say no waders. IMO
It's betting event. Show up on a certain date, put money in a pot, launch from a public launch, everyone leave at same time, winners split the pot.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:56 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,811

I fixed what I wrote for ya, look either way I'm fishing wade, no wade. This thread was a voting thread with the options of voicing opinions. And i was stating mine.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:59 AM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,332

I am joking. I am like polebenda, fishing either way.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:26 AM
Redfish

Cash: 825

YES (and I don't wade).

It is up to the fisherman to decide wether or not they want to participate/support a tournament that allows wade fishermen.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:37 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pole_benda View Post
I fixed what I wrote for ya, look either way I'm fishing wade, no wade. This thread was a voting thread with the options of voicing opinions. And i was stating mine.
I agree with everyone voicing their opinions. I think it is the best way to view how the field thinks.
Best opinion, in my opinion, was the less rules, the easier it will be to fish.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:39 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post
I am joking. I am like polebenda, fishing either way.
I knowed you was joking. That's why I said that.
In my opinion, everyone should be allowed to fish public waters, no matter how you want to fish. As long as it is with rod and reel only.
Either way, there will be waders fishing that may not be in the tournament. So, doesn't matter if you allow waders or not.
Some folks only Yak fish or bank fish. That's cool with me too.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

I could careless how you fish. A lot of people are making a big deal about waders, but to me yakers have a bigger advantage than waders. That's my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2011, 12:09 PM
Westerly neighbor

Cash: 3,547

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Any body who competes in fishing will tell you.... Wading is not allowed and due to the fact they get the advantage by not having to use anchor,trolling motor, net,not spooking fish with boat.
This is complete BS. Wade fishing is much more difficult because you don't have access to everything you would have in a boat (like boxes of lures, or in Jeremy's case his live well), you are able to cover much less territory, etc. Purists wade, and those who don't have the skills stay in the boat and cover 100x more territory. It's similar to hunting from a blind using a feeder or getting out of the blind and walking through the woods to find your prey. One is sporting, one is lazy. To each his own.

Jeremy, just because your wading territory is limited to 2' of water or less, which tremendously limits good wading areas, doesn't mean you have to bash real fishermen who don't believe numbers are something to brag about.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by buoy37 View Post
YES (and I don't wade).

It is up to the fisherman to decide wether or not they want to participate/support a tournament that allows wade fishermen.
Not supporting this event. The event is not making any money. All monies are distributed to the top 3 teams. Just fishermen fishing to have some fun after hunting season closes and not much else is going on.
Anyone can participate. I don't think wading will stop many from fishing.
Weather might make more skip out than waders.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:27 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

I'll be there sportin' the gill net git-up! Wade, live, dead...You'll never stand a chance against my "ARSEnal!" LOL

W, quit crying! It's not a "real" tournament!
Old 12-26-2011, 04:38 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadMan View Post
This is complete BS. Wade fishing is much more difficult because you don't have access to everything you would have in a boat (like boxes of lures, or in Jeremy's case his live well), you are able to cover much less territory, etc. Purists wade, and those who don't have the skills stay in the boat and cover 100x more territory. It's similar to hunting from a blind using a feeder or getting out of the blind and walking through the woods to find your prey. One is sporting, one is lazy. To each his own.

Jeremy, just because your wading territory is limited to 2' of water or less, which tremendously limits good wading areas, doesn't mean you have to bash real fishermen who don't believe numbers are something to brag about.
This is true.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
This is complete BS. Wade fishing is much more difficult because you don't have access to everything you would have in a boat (like boxes of lures, or in Jeremy's case his live well), you are able to cover much less territory, etc. Purists wade, and those who don't have the skills stay in the boat and cover 100x more territory. It's similar to hunting from a blind using a feeder or getting out of the blind and walking through the woods to find your prey. One is sporting, one is lazy. Too each is its own
So, your saying I'm lazy because I fish in a boat? Or even better..My favorite part of it,"they fish in the boat because they don't have skills."
That quite possibly might be the most idiotic thing I've ever read on this site.

But as you said, to each is his own.
By the way, I do both.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:01 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
I'll be there sportin' the gill net git-up! Wade, live, dead...You'll never stand a chance against my "ARSEnal!" LOL

W, quit crying! It's not a "real" tournament!
That's why I saying let live or dead bait be used. It's for FUN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2011, 05:04 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:

Well look who came out the peanut factory

Wading if not hard and like I said Texans wade because they cant catch numbers out of a boat and use that for the reason...

I promise I catch way more big trout in August than most waders do all year
Old 12-26-2011, 05:21 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,289

Quote:

Now I know what I been doing wrong all this time. I fish from a boat so I dont have any skills and Im lazy .Thanks for the help .
Old 12-26-2011, 05:27 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,022

Y'all are making a big deal out of nothing... Let the waders fish. Hell, if a wader beats me, good job for him. It's just a fun tournament. I know how my partner and I will fish. We're gonna sight fish. I still think a boat fisherman will win. I may be wrong, but who knows... So I say, let the waders do their thing. Most people don't realize what it takes to win a red tournament. Your fish have to be heavy, real heavy. Length matters to an extent. But, just as in trout, I've seen a shorter red weigh more than a longer one, sometimes by a pound. Just my opinion. It seems that some people are scared to get beat by a wader!
Old 12-26-2011, 05:29 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,289

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdriver View Post
Y'all are making a big deal out of nothing... Let the waders fish. Hell
Im with you on that , just think ShadMan's comment was wrong about us that dont wade.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

everybody lets sell our boats.....jump in some neoprene and lets go......thats like sayin true fisherman ONLY fish in bad weather....lmao.