SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:06 PM
*****Cajun *******

Cash: 662
Default 6ft6 vrs 7ft custom spirastix

i was just asked to build a 7ft spiral on my regular billystix graphite blanks
so i thought i would take a few seconds and do a little rod chatter with you guys, i dont want to try to appear to be a know it all but after building rods now for close to 40 years and at the current time i will close this year out with approx 3800 spiral rods built all by hand which means i handle the rod for approx 18 hrs none stop so i get quite a good feel for various sizes and such like the lenghth of the grips and the fact that when i get in say 25 blanks i go thru them all and believe it or not i find that some are lighter than others same company same everything, so lets say i get in a bunch of 6ft6 blanks and i pick out 8 or possible even 14 that i se aside for "my waderstix" rods now i can take that same blank put a 7in lower grip put titanium guides on it and set it up and lay money on the table that says you will be able to put top water lure on that 6ft6 spiral or a soft plastic and you will get to cast that lure farther than your fishing buddy with his 7ft and at the end of the day you will feel much less fatigue than he with the 7ft, i just finished a 6ft6 for a 17 year old girl in texas and she is going to be able to out fish her dad and brothers or any one else, if you have any questions on my ability to perform this task i woiuld be more than happy to discuss it with you in person, this way i can answer all your questions and give you all the info that will allow you to judge for yourself, dont count me short as i have built many,many rods and i cant type well or use the right size words but i can build rods, this much i do know, and i stand behind my mouth, what i say i will back it up no questions asked, so put me to the test" it's put up or shut up stix"
stix
Attached Images
File Type: jpg billystix_bottom.jpg (23.6 KB, 20 views)