SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:08 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

all im saying is >>>I want to see some girls in hog killing action..... Let UR RIP
Old 01-17-2011, 05:18 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
Kutter: you, your husband, and your dogs are welcome with us anytime! I would say what my wife said when she saw that exact thing, but I would get banned from here......not that she talks like a sailor or anything!
haha thanks. Well i said it a little differently myself when we were watching that part last night too. We have a couple buddies that hunt in northeast texas and they get on some pretty good hogs. Say they like to run like deer, even the sows! Gotta have one that will shut them down.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:18 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Ask and thou shall recieve!!!!!! This is how my woman goes hog hunting with the dogs! (no she is not in this video, but she has done this with me before - and gets dirty with us!)

Country girls ROCK!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Sand Trout

Now thats more like it!! I see they run some curr dogs. we have mostly blackmouth curr, mountain curr, and catahoula that we use as bay dogs.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:28 PM
King Mackeral

I just hate when they go to a river/bayou! Fun to watch.......till you got to go in and get em'!
Old 01-17-2011, 05:55 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutter View Post
I hope that Crystal isn't giving all the ladies that hog hunt a bad name. My husband and i hunt hogs all the time and i can manage just fine without a pink knife or a blingy belt! I think the texas group was a little more concerned with appearances than staying true to how hog hunting actually is. If my husband had fell down trying to pull a hog out of the bush i would be stepping in to grab it before it got him and not running the other way with my pretty pink knife and blingy belt. In Oklahoma hunting is thick and very rarely do we bay up in the open much less find a hog just standing in the open in the middle of the day...we gotta go to the hogs and the hogs like thickets. Heard that texas has some monsters though.
Where y'all running your hogs at in OK? We used to still hunt hogs over by Ralston and at another place south of Stillwater.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
Where y'all running your hogs at in OK? We used to still hunt hogs over by Ralston and at another place south of Stillwater.
Man them bar room hogs don't count.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:27 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Man them bar room hogs don't count.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

The "hogs" in Stillwater bars are nothin to sneeze at!
Old 01-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167
Default Its 'W'~!

You guys don't see that this is 'W' in disguise - look at the spelling and grammar. Girl suddenly joins the site and 'W' just happens to be replying at the same time

Well played
Old 01-17-2011, 09:14 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
You guys don't see that this is 'W' in disguise - look at the spelling and grammar. Girl suddenly joins the site and 'W' just happens to be replying at the same time

Well played
Whoooooaa! Never even thought of that! Thank you!
"W" I owe you one!
Old 01-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Sand Trout

Did anyone watch the second hogs gone wild show? I thought they really stepped up their game.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:07 PM
King Mackeral

That show got worse in my opinion. My kids pointed out that the Aussie dude in Hawaii that I liked is a poser! I asked what they mean by that, and then they played the DVR back in slow motion. The program was making a big deal about tying a pig in the trap while others were in there. Well, he kept saying to watch out for the sow, and she is going to get him, etc. For a split second you can see someone standing outside the trap with a stick, striking the sow. I missed it completely at first, but once the kids told me about it, it was clear as a bell. So much for realism, the hogs won't charge so they will make them move around by hitting them w/ a stick.

Then the infamous L3 crew w/ Scooby Doo dog that was even more of a joke than week #1. The dog couldn't catch a hog w/ the spot light on it! Even funnier is how the dog looked ot be having a heart attack after they killed the boar. Then, she still hasn't learned how to take the knife out of her scabbard w/o looking like a 4/yo trying to us num-chucks for the first time! They simply look like a bunch of fools. The only ones that seemed to have a good segment were the guys from Florida.

Besides, if I was the ranch owner and you charged me to a flat rate and only got one hog out after 2 trips to the ranch, I would cancel the check and send you to the gate!
Old 01-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

That big spotted dog was hardly cut. They almost cried when they saw blood.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:09 PM
King Mackeral

Keep in mind, my kids tied 8 the day before this show aired in a trap, and 2 of the boys helped tie 2 over 100# on Saturday. We did have to shoot one in the trap because he was just too much for me to handle after the first 2, so I am not the super Aussie pigman that is on tv I guess! LMAO!
Old 01-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 991

I have some land in Beauregard Parish with plenty of hogs if anyone wants to come run them I would be glad to unlock the gate. PM me if you are interested.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Sand Trout

I am gonna have to rewind that last show and check out the trap seen! haha your kids have good eyes i totally missed it. Yeah i agree about the texas bunch. I just give up talking about them...they have no idea what they are doing. The Floirda group did do a good job. I don't care for a dog that is open on track (god bless garmin tracking systems) but their dogs did a good job. Definetly more realistic.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Hogs have the potential to damage property, destroy the marshlands, and even spread diseases.

"They are carrying diseases, we are testing them now and collecting blood samples," said John Robinette, a biologist with LDWF.

Robinette said the rapid increase of these feral hogs is due to people releasing them into the wild at a very rapid rate.

"They breed at rapid rates as well," said Robinette. "They usually have two litters a year and 10 to 12 of them per litter."

A new piece of legislation is expected to give hunters more time to catch the hogs and put a dent in the population increase.

"This measure will allow hunters to hunt for feral hogs, coyotes, beavers, nutria, at night after legal shooting hours with a shot gun no larger than 10 gage with a buck shot or a smaller shot or a 22," said Marceaux.

The new law goes into effect on February 28th. If residents spot a wild hog that needs to be trapped or picked up, contact the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries at (337) 491-2580.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:51 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Hogs have the potential to damage property, destroy the marshlands, and even spread diseases.

"They are carrying diseases, we are testing them now and collecting blood samples," said John Robinette, a biologist with LDWF.

Robinette said the rapid increase of these feral hogs is due to people releasing them into the wild at a very rapid rate.

"They breed at rapid rates as well," said Robinette. "They usually have two litters a year and 10 to 12 of them per litter."

A new piece of legislation is expected to give hunters more time to catch the hogs and put a dent in the population increase.

"This measure will allow hunters to hunt for feral hogs, coyotes, beavers, nutria, at night after legal shooting hours with a shot gun no larger than 10 gage with a buck shot or a smaller shot or a 22," said Marceaux.

The new law goes into effect on February 28th. If residents spot a wild hog that needs to be trapped or picked up, contact the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries at (337) 491-2580.
they make a shotgun larger than a 10 gauge.....also I thought you can hunts hogs year round now????
Old 01-26-2011, 10:57 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post

Ray, I am part of the study ongoing in the state and have been for some time. Dr. Jim Lacour from Slaughter, LA is the state vet and has actually come on some hunts with us. We collect blood, tissue and sometimes hair samples. One of the guys I hunt w/ is a biologist w/ USFW service in Lafayette and I was at his office on Cajundome Blvd yesterday. I think the new law about reloacting hogs will be useless to the control of the hog problem, no matter what state you are in. Just my $0.02!

I think we need to come up with a "good samaritian" law that gets landowners involved in education and eradication. Texas was too slow at implementing a response and look at them now. We will be like them in 5 years if we don't do something soon!