SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:37 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcutta37 View Post
i know same place that gave me the boat price.

is this place in LA or TX....If LA they are jacking it up to SCREW YOU.... DRY
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,995

yea i know i need to over there and talk to chris tell him what i want. Think i can get a better price or prices.
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
whats really funny i got a price for a 101 trolling motor for 2,384$ i almost fell out my seat.
Check out the Talon ad.

Talon? - 2CoolFishing
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,995

TX its always bigger and better in TX lol not.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Check out the Talon ad.

Talon? - 2CoolFishing

29 inch big girl - 2CoolFishing
Old 02-10-2011, 09:28 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
X2, I agree and I have seen a lot of Hineys on big lake over the last year. Hell I am sure their price has went up......remember that ole buisness saying....supply and demand!

Bank loans(thievery) are still accessible. The Fed loves people who borrow money.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,195

24HO, Verado 300 (or Yam 300), solid lids (not the plastic), racing seats, stereo amp with 4 speakers, 36 volt trolling motor, 3 bank battery charger, deluxe console, 2 bait wells with air, Garmin 740s, marine radio (installed, I purchased this myself), LED lights throughout, installed coastal LED lights under the boat (I purchased this myself), 8 foot deck with rod lockers, glove box, cleats on the side, SS prop, trim tabs, jack plate, talon anchor system, insulated front deck livewell. black bottom, grey sides.

All in was around 53k plus taxes, purchased from Chris. I am going down to south Texas tomorrow afternoon and will post pictures of the boat on Saturday. If anyone needs me to ask Chris anything while I am down there let me know.

A couple of weeks ago they tested a similar boat but with a smaller front deck at just over 71mph on a GPS. My boat will probably be a little slower due to the way I have it setup, I am guessing probably around 68.

Also talked to LMC in Houston, the owner is mikedatiger's neighbor (in Houston) and I really like him, he is a great guy and also sells Haynie boats.

Also if you are looking at used one, Boatdriver's 24 HO is very, very nice and posted in the classified section.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,022

Quote:
If you were to order a new Haynie what color would u get? Just want to hear what other people would get. I like grey with black

I'd get gray and white!!! Nah man, just kidding. W just gave my new color away.......all bone. ANy color is gonna be sweet. Also, for all these guys saying that not all boats are equal in price.....most all 24 footers, that are rolled edge, are gonna be priced near each other. Capped boats will be significantly more.

On a different note, will the new Yamaha SHO even perform on a Haynie??? I don't think it will because of the 20" shaft. May want to check n that from Chris before buying. ANd as far as the price, DEFINITELY buy direst from Chris. LMC wants way too much for their boats. 24 HO from Chris---around $52,000; LMC---closer to $60,000 with the same options.

Oh, and don't buy the 250 XS. WAYYYYYY to many problems with the head. Also, you might, and I mean might get 4 mph more with the 250 XS as opposed to the 225 XS. Price s probably gonna be around 2 grand less for the 225XS. 225 XS has 242 hp and the 250 XS has 275 hp.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:27 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
24HO, Verado 300 (or Yam 300), solid lids (not the plastic), racing seats, stereo amp with 4 speakers, 36 volt trolling motor, 3 bank battery charger, deluxe console, 2 bait wells with air, Garmin 740s, marine radio (installed, I purchased this myself), LED lights throughout, installed coastal LED lights under the boat (I purchased this myself), 8 foot deck with rod lockers, glove box, cleats on the side, SS prop, trim tabs, jack plate, talon anchor system, insulated front deck livewell. black bottom, grey sides.

All in was around 53k plus taxes, purchased from Chris. I am going down to south Texas tomorrow afternoon and will post pictures of the boat on Saturday. If anyone needs me to ask Chris anything while I am down there let me know.

A couple of weeks ago they tested a similar boat but with a smaller front deck at just over 71mph on a GPS. My boat will probably be a little slower due to the way I have it setup, I am guessing probably around 68.

Also talked to LMC in Houston, the owner is mikedatiger's neighbor (in Houston) and I really like him, he is a great guy and also sells Haynie boats.

Also if you are looking at used one, Boatdriver's 24 HO is very, very nice and posted in the classified section.
Thanks for the plug for the bateau Kinchen. Hope somone buys this sled so I can order my new one before we start fishing again.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:41 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post

When you take me fishin' in it........................I guess I'll have to drive.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Why do you want a 24ft boat??? I fish 3 all day and 4 is no prob.... I see no need for a 24ft unless your a guide who has to fish 5 people
The extra 3 feet really don't slow you down much even with the same power, what 2-3 mph loaded? That 3 foot will be nice offshore. Do any of you 24HO guys snapper fish out of cameron? I figure it to be a 40 mile boat easy.

Mercury outboard man said here on this board that the first few would be cheaper but when they caught on he would raise the price. More power to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Haynie is a better riding boat than BlackJack...and that comes from BlackJack owners.....
it seems so

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdriver View Post
On a different note, will the new Yamaha SHO even perform on a Haynie??? I don't think it will because of the 20" shaft.
12 inch set back plate mounted a tad lower I'd imagine, different prop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will"E"Fish View Post
Blazer bay has had the least amount factory defects in the 3 local fiberglass shop's point of view. Look's to me to be a replica of the Bill Kenner's hull of about 5 years ago. To each his own and how deep's your pocket.
haynie's are much much more solid, blazer just copied PF & Kenner hulls.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:56 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
When you take me fishin' in it........................I guess I'll have to drive.

I do tend to drive WAY faster than I should. Houston freeways will change a man.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:18 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Thanks for the plug for the bateau Kinchen. Hope somone buys this sled so I can order my new one before we start fishing again.

If I were not dead set on a 300hp engine I would have bought your boat, it is very clean and has all of the right options. Honestly if someone is not worried about going 70mph it is perfect. I bet it will still go slightly north of 60mph and will get better MPG than my way to big 300. With the warranty still intact, someone will scoop it up, hopefully quickly.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:10 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Brady since we go way back... will you take an IOU?
Old 02-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 677

I seen a white & sea foam green one the other day in Sulphur and it looked really good.

I bet a silver or dark grey with a bright blue would look pretty slick.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

5 pages on the color of a boat, i thought for sure the subject had changed or something, opened this up and we still talking bout the same thing
Old 02-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by W";227345]:D:D:D
[url="http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=324533
29 inch big girl - 2CoolFishing[/url]

I just now saw this.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

The Haynie 21 ft'er is a lot better riding boat in rough water than I thought any bay boat would be. I was surprised.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
Brady since we go way back... will you take an IOU?

Is that with or without a down payment, Bob?!!!! You still never called to go fishing over here. Still waiting. All I have is time right now. I'm off til March 10th. You tell me when and where to meet you... Bring a couple of podnuhs with you.