SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-18-2015, 08:48 AM
Flounder

Cash: 320
Default best non whipping

Like you guys it was a belt from dad and whatever mom could find handy.

I do have to say the best non whipping i got was i believe my juniour year of high school. Soph and Seniors were taking tests so the freshmen and juniours had to sit in the cafeteria for 3 hours for 3 days. After the first day of boredom we decided to spice it up. Before school we went to the pet store and bought I don't know how many thousands of crickets, a small little garter snake and 5-6 mice to turn loose. We had a signal worked out and was just about ready. Of course I had 2-3 mice in the inside pocket on my jacket, and one had gotten out and when his head popped out of my jacket the girl across from me screamed. It was on, I stood up and threw all my mice while my buddies spread out across the cafeteria by classes and unassed their animals also. I would have been in trouble but not as much if a fight hadn't broken out. At that time we were constantly fighting with the mexican kids (south texas). One came over the table and launched himself at my cousin. He should have picked me, my cousin wasn't one to be messed with. Anyway kid gets knocked out and I look up and we must of had 30 kids fighting.
So I get suspended for a week. Mom comes home, by this time I'm quite a bit bigger than mom and haven't had a whippin in a while. I think she used every kitchen utensil and pot in the house on me, then she finished it off by saying wait until your dad gets home.
So an hour later I'm in the barn feeding my show steer. Dad walks in with a mean look on his face and shuts the door. He ask me if what he heard was true. I said yes sir. I was shocked when he just busted out laughing and said he would've like to have seen that. He said he's supposed to be whipping me right now so we better hang out a while until your momma cools down.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:40 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,200

So I got suspended in the 8th grade for drinking on campus(I'm from Mamou, this is common). Dad brought me home and beat my *** then told me to cut the grass. Next morning he woke me up at 5AM and told me to cut the grass, I said Dad I cut the grass yesterday. He proceeded to beat my *** again screaming CUT THE F*!&#€@ GRASS AGAIN!

I cut the grass every day for a week all day, it was January.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:04 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

I remember my sophmore yr, back in the day. I smoked a cig to impress a girl after a basketball game..

Someone told my coach..

One afternoon I was walking into locker room for track practice.. back then we could practice yr around. Next think I know my track coach has me by the throat up against the wall with my feet dangling off the floor... He was about 6' 6" & 275..

He said I hear U took up smoking.. I told him I took one drag from a cig. to impress a bigg t i tt ied girl..

He said either I take the 50 licks or I'm off the track team. I could take them 25 at a time.. (If you would have seen the welps on my azzzzzz). His paddle was biggg and had holes in it.. (If that would be now... I would have been a millionaire.. )

I told coach I wanted the name of the guy that told on me..

He told me, and it was one of my teammates.. He was a long jumper.. I told coach I was going to get him... One day about a week before the track season started, I see him at practice walking bare footed.. So I walked up to him from behind.. Called his name.. When he stopped, I was right behind him, my long practice spikes caught the back of his heel and as my foot continued down I ripped his heel with 2 spikes almost an 1/2 deep and 3" long from his achilles to the bottom of his heel...

I said oh I'm sorry didn't see U stop... He had to have stitches and was out the whole track season because it was his plant foot and he still had pain and could not practice and younger guy beat him out..

Coach knew i did it but he could not prove it... But he suspended me for the first track meet of the yr any way..

He was going to let a freshman run the hurdles.. Well about 5 minutes before the hurdles event he came in to the team area called my name when i stood up, he came up to me and said u R running.. I better WIN I want the points to Win this meet..

Well I had been lying in the team area and had been going thru my stretching . So I get my track shoes on, warm up and then I went out and won the highs plus set a meet and school record.. Coach never said a word to me all the way back to NISH on the bus... We ended up winning the meet..

But having taken those 50 licks like a man.. I finally got my revenge on my low life teammate. Never saying a word that I knew he had told on me..

I'd end up a 3 yr. letterman, and co-captain my junior yr. and captain my senior yr. and leader on the track team at NISH. And went to college on scholarship...

One of my good friends at catholic high in NI was caught drinking at a camp party the coaches were so mad at their 3 star stud they dis-banded the whole track team... Won't say his name, but his older brother is a sheriff of a parish now.. Boy dem were the good old days... )))))))))))

Last edited by biggun; 07-18-2015 at 11:20 AM.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:20 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post
I remember my sophmore yr, back in the day. I smoked a cig to impress a girl after a basketball game..

Someone told my coach..

One afternoon I was walking into locker room for track practice.. back then we could practice yr around. Next think I know my track coach has me by the throat up against the wall with my feet dangling off the floor... He was about 6' 6" & 275..

He said I hear U took up smoking.. I told him I took one drag from a cig. to impress a bigg t i tt ied girl..

He said either I take the 50 licks or I'm off the track team. I could take them 25 at a time.. (If you would have seen the welps on my azzzzzz). His paddle was biggg and had holes in it.. (If that would be now... I would have been a millionaire.. )

I told coach I wanted the name of the guy that told on me..

He told me, and it was one of my teammates.. He was a long jumper.. I told coach I was going to get him... One day about a week before the track season started, I see him at practice walking bare footed.. So I walked up to him from behind.. Called his name.. When he stopped, I was right behind him, my long practice spikes caught the back of his heel and as my foot continued down I ripped his heel with 2 spikes almost an 1/2 deep and 3" long from his achilles to the bottom of his heel...

I said oh I'm sorry didn't see U stop... He had to have stitches and was out the whole track season because it was his plant foot and he still had pain and could not practice and younger guy beat him out..

Coach knew i did it but he could not prove it... But he suspended me for the first track meet of the yr any way..

He was going to let a freshman run the hurdles.. Well about 5 minutes before the hurdles event he came in to the team area called my name when i stood up, he came up to me and said u R running.. I better WIN I want the points to Win this meet..

Well I had been lying in the team area and had been going thru my stretching . So I get my track shoes on, warm up and then I went out and won the highs plus set a meet and school record.. Coach never said a word to me all the way back to NISH on the bus... We ended up winning the meet..

But having taken those 50 licks like a man.. I finally got my revenge on my low life teammate. Never saying a word that I knew he had told on me..

I'd end up a 3 yr. letterman, and co-captain my junior yr. and captain my senior yr. and leader on the track team at NISH. And went to college on scholarship...

One of my good friends at catholic high in NI was caught drinking at a camp party the coaches were so mad at their 3 star stud they dis-banded the whole track team... Won't say his name, but his older brother is a sheriff of a parish now.. Boy dem were the good old days... )))))))))))

creeping up on that dude and putting your spikes in his heal is kind of a chick move IMO .
Old 07-19-2015, 12:43 AM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,832

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
creeping up on that dude and putting your spikes in his heal is kind of a chick move IMO .
I agree.... That makes you as chicken **** as him for ratting you out.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:46 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,607

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post

Well I had been lying in the team area and had been going thru my stretching . So I get my track shoes on, warm up and then I went out and won the highs plus set a meet and school record.. Coach never said a word to me all the way back to NISH on the bus..
You didn't happen to run track in high school for a coach by the name of LES MILES did you? Looking the other way when an athlete acts like a thug for the sake of winning sure does sound like a Les Miles coaching move...
Old 07-19-2015, 08:36 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

I'm with biggun on this one. Revenge is a dish best served cold. Ever heard the saying that snitches get stitches. Ole boy may be lucky he was getting kicked in the face with those spikes.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:06 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako19 View Post
You didn't happen to run track in high school for a coach by the name of LES MILES did you? Looking the other way when an athlete acts like a thug for the sake of winning sure does sound like a Les Miles coaching move...
Really?
Old 07-19-2015, 04:38 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 838
Default Got my A** whooped!!

When I was young my dad raised and fought roosters. We had probably 75-100 TP's with fighting roosters on cords. I will
Never forget my cousin and I got bows for Christmas so a couple weeks after Christmas we were outside shooting them. Decided to shoot a side of the barn well missed and stuck a rooster who had won a very big derby in sunset, la. One of my dads prize roosters. My dad told me that rooster won him over 10k and he was still in his prime... Lol...
Well I can tell you what the black cord felt like across my back and butt till this day!

Sent from the baddest GYM in La
Old 07-19-2015, 04:59 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
I'm with biggun on this one. Revenge is a dish best served cold. Ever heard the saying that snitches get stitches. Ole boy may be lucky he was getting kicked in the face with those spikes.
Again the one people I have ever heard say "revenge is a dish best served cold " is women! And the only people I've ever heard say "snitches get stitches" are ghetto azz thugs!

What ever happened to facing consequences head on like a man and own up to your s hit , instead of hiding behind weak a Ss ghetto behavior n trying to justify your bad behavior
Old 07-19-2015, 10:40 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Again the one people I have ever heard say "revenge is a dish best served cold " is women! And the only people I've ever heard say "snitches get stitches" are ghetto azz thugs!

What ever happened to facing consequences head on like a man and own up to your s hit , instead of hiding behind weak a Ss ghetto behavior n trying to justify your bad behavior
Dude I don't know what your deal is other than you just enjoy being a di ck. I have those nights and understand. I doubt you're this much of a di ck in real life. Maybe gunner should have used those spikes on you. Just saying.
When you said bad behavior were you speaking of me? Other than a traffic violation I have never broken a law. Good night sir
Old 07-19-2015, 10:50 PM
Redfish

Cash: 888

Dad had a thin alligator skin belt and mom had the fly swatted handle, and then I graduated to a ping pong paddle. I broke that once plus some fingers by throwing my hands back at the last minute to save my a$$. Old wooden yard sticks cut down to 18 inches became the norm after that
Old 07-20-2015, 01:48 AM
Redfish

Cash: 623

My mother beat us with switches all the time. They hurt temporarily, but it didn't last long. You didn't want to get it from my father though. He had a leather belt that hung on the door knob of his bedroom. A constant reminder to stay in line or face a beating that made you think you were literally going to die.

He only got me twice. Mother was in the store shopping. My father, brother and I were in the car waiting. My brother was a little troublemaker. Hauls off and punches me in the shoulder for no reason. So I hit him back. He hits me again. I hit him back. This goes on for a while and my father announces that he's going to beat both of us when we get home because you don't fight family. He ends up beating me and lets my brother go because I "was the oldest and should have known better".

The second time, my parents went somewhere and left me, the oldest, in charge. Told us all to stay inside the house, do our chores, etc. As soon as my parents got out of sight, my little bad *** brother dashes out the door. Riding his bike, playing, having a good old time. I never step one foot outside. I tell my brother repeatedly to come inside because he knows our parents told us to stay inside. My brother is riding his bike in the street and, sure enough, here comes our parents driving up. My father got out of the truck and it seemed like all of the 6' 4" Marine Corps Drill Instructor came out of him. I literally thought I was going to pass out and die from that beating. What was so confusing to me at the time was I had OBEYED. I had done what they told me to do, but little bad *** .... Nope. I was the oldest, I was in charge and, according to him, I was supposed to do whatever I had to do to make sure the orders I was given were followed. I was responsible for what happened on my watch.

I was bitter at my father for a long time after that. Many years. But, I learned valuable lessons. To this day, we don't fight family members. And ... If i'm in charge of anything, I'm going to see it through and I know I'm responsible for the results no matter what. I believe those lessons helped me to be the man I am today and I'm grateful for them. Along with the many other lessons he taught me without beating me half to death.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:26 AM
Redfish

Cash: 623

I wanted to add something to my comment.

My father never could let go of that DI crap. Though he only beat me twice, my upbringing was one of constant discipline. Holding me to high standards, pushing my limits, making me grow throughout my childhood by showing how through hard work and determination I could overcome increasingly difficult challenges.

While I thought the beatings were so unfair, maybe they were necessary to quickly teach me the importance of leadership and responsibility. However, I still feel I learned more from the daily discipline. The beatings only made me mad at the time though I learned the lessons. Beating and discipline are two different things. The lessons I learned from the strict discipline (without beatings) were just as valuable and have stuck with me also.

My experience made me vow to never hit my children. I only have a daughter and I have never hit her. But, you better believe she got a lot of that other discipline. She turns 22 in a few days. I think she's turned out pretty well. Worked her way through school in four years with no debt. Practically unheard of these days. Already has a job and her first place. Reinforced my belief that you can raise good kids without beating them. Though discipline is a must. Because discipline and beating are not the same thing.

Just my opinion.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:14 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Dude I don't know what your deal is other than you just enjoy being a di ck. I have those nights and understand. I doubt you're this much of a di ck in real life. Maybe gunner should have used those spikes on you. Just saying.
When you said bad behavior were you speaking of me? Other than a traffic violation I have never broken a law. Good night sir
Just calling it like I see it. If you think it's accatable behavior to go after someone with violence ( much less blindsiding them ) because they "snitched" ... You are the one with issues! Quit taking everything so personal as well ... Get some thicker skin dude . And give me a break about never breaking a law! Lol seriously? I highly doubt that . Never drove drunk? Never smoked dope? Once? All you do on here is whine n b itch about stuff making posts "what would you do.... Or "the nerve of some people..." Like I said before grow some thicker skin n quit acting like such a chick , if you do something wrong own up to it instead of hiding behind "snitches get stitches" .
Old 07-20-2015, 06:31 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Just calling it like I see it. If you think it's accatable behavior to go after someone with violence ( much less blindsiding them ) because they "snitched" ... You are the one with issues! Quit taking everything so personal as well ... Get some thicker skin dude . And give me a break about never breaking a law! Lol seriously? I highly doubt that . Never drove drunk? Never smoked dope? Once? All you do on here is whine n b itch about stuff making posts "what would you do.... Or "the nerve of some people..." Like I said before grow some thicker skin n quit acting like such a chick , if you do something wrong own up to it instead of hiding behind "snitches get stitches" .
You are funny. Always entertaining I'll give you that.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:22 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,045

Pop used a belt and Mom a switch and she always made us go out and break it ourselves and it better not be too light or she'd go get one ( I hated the ones with a fork) but the most memorable one was when my pop got home from work and I was I guess doing something I wasn't supposed to be doing in the back of the house and got busted cold. Now remember this was back in the mid 60s. I can remember seeing his face and knowing he was bent but had a plan....there was a hedgerow out back with a hole just big enough to jet through if I could get there before he could catch me, there was no way Pop could catch me cuz I was one fast little SOB especially when I was running for my life! He could read my mind cuz he hollered "Son, don't you run" Well that's all it took, I spun and I was belly down at a full run! That hedge row was getting close but that's when his foot connected with my butt...I went airborne and landed on my back and remember laying there dazed looking up at the clouds then his face appeared above me...I think he just came to check to see if I was still breathing and seeing that I was, he seemed satisfied and just walked away and never said a word.
I'm 56 years old and remember that like it was yesterday.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:00 PM
King Mackeral

I lived at my parents house my first year of college at UL after I graduated high school. After I turned 18 and graduated high school I guess I was feeling all grown up. I had a girlfriend who I let sleep over, even though this was a well established rule at my house with ZERO TOLERANCE.

My dad worked nights all my life, going in at 10:00 p.m. and getting off at 6:30 a.m. I left for work at 6:30 a.m. so my girlfriend and I were out of the house before he got home. However, my mom knew what was going on and she told my dad. He gave me a very clear warning that even though I graduated high school and was 18 as long as I lived under his roof I followed his rules.

Well, the next night she slept over again and my dad left work early to see if I was heeding his warning. He swung my door opened, grabbed me by the neck, and pinned me against the wall in the living room before I was fully awake. My feet were dangling 6" off of the floor while he was hollering in my face that he is going to beat me up like a man since I wanted to act like one.

Surely my best friend who was sleeping on the couch would wake up and pull my dad off of me before he beat me to a pulp, right?!?! WRONG! He acted like he was sleeping the whole time and didn't even get off the couch! When I asked him why he didnt helpe he said, "Dude, your dad is huge and he is a marine! You were already getting your *** kicked, there was no reason for me to get mine kicked too." What a friend, huh?

Get my *** kicked I did. Not sure if he closed his fist while hitting me or not but I know I had welps all over my head for a week. My girlfriend also heard the *** whooping and that was the last time she came over to my house and definitely the last time I had a girl sleep over.

That week I started saving for my own place and moved out 3 months later.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:12 PM
King Mackeral

By the way, I guess I should have snuck up behind my mom and cut her Achilles tendon with some steel cleats because she told my dad a girl was sleeping over.

You know the old saying, "snitches get stiches."
Old 07-20-2015, 06:50 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
You got me on that one. Tried pot when I was in high school. Forgot all about that one time like 23 years ago. Man how can I be so stupid as to forget a major event like that? I guess I should apologize now. I understand that you were just calling it like you see it. I was also but since I'm not you that puts it in the whining catagory. You call it like you see it and everyone else whines. I'm glad we could get that straightened out in such a civil manner.
Oh btw please don't tell on me because I tried pot in high school. That would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch and God Bless. J