SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:17 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcredeur View Post
Mexicans are willing to do the work also. I don't feel it is just about pay but we are losing people who are willing to do manual labor. So many today feel they are entitled to start at the top of the totem pole..... Just my 2cents..

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Yep. They won't line up to work but they line up for a check. Over run with lazy people.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:26 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaman View Post
American aren't working bc THAT'S NOT ENOUGH MONEY, I'M NOT WORKING FOR THAT. I CAN'T LIVE OFF OF THAT ETC.

just my thoughts on
Been told first hand, when trying to hire someone, They get more money from welfare and the Gov hand outs. The problem is THIS GOVERNMENT!!

Old 09-23-2015, 09:27 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
American aren't working bc THAT'S NOT ENOUGH MONEY, I'M NOT WORKING FOR THAT. I CAN'T LIVE OFF OF THAT ETC.

just my thoughts on
Quote:
Mexicans are willing to do the work also. I don't feel it is just about pay but we are losing people who are willing to do manual labor. So many today feel they are entitled to start at the top of the totem pole..... Just my 2cents..

Old 09-23-2015, 09:27 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

That's a another topic right there.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:33 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,326

I saw it first hand these last few months while they build my house. Our contractor did not use one sub who ran a crew of Mexicans. The house took a little longer but the workmanship was there. The problem though, most of these guys are nearing an age where they won't be able to do this type of work anymore. Like what was stated earlier no one is knocking down the door for these types of jobs. In the near future roofing, Brock laying, sheetrock hanging and finishing will all be a list art to our younger generations.

Old 09-23-2015, 09:47 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
I saw it first hand these last few months while they build my house. Our contractor did not use one sub who ran a crew of Mexicans. The house took a little longer but the workmanship was there. The problem though, most of these guys are nearing an age where they won't be able to do this type of work anymore. Like what was stated earlier no one is knocking down the door for these types of jobs. In the near future roofing, Brock laying, sheetrock hanging and finishing will all be a list art to our younger generations.

A lot of our society is raising a bunch of weak ***, video game playing, scared to get dirty young men. Not even bringing up men just a bunch of over grown boys. Nothing wrong with well educated suit wearing people. The world needs them but it also needs people that are willing to sweat for their pay.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:12 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:

You right, even Welders and ESPECIALLY STRUCTURAL FITTERS are a dieing breed. We have old bosses who were fitters who can calculate the measurments they need, some of these your fitters can't cut a piece a channel without a cutsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
A lot of our society is raising a bunch of weak ***, video game playing, scared to get dirty young men. Not even bringing up men just a bunch of over grown boys. Nothing wrong with well educated suit wearing people. The world needs them but it also needs people that are willing to sweat for their pay.

I try to teach my son everything that I know how to do, when I'm changing the oil he's helping me, cutting grass, laying tile, cutting something on the saw...... I make sure at least he's familiar with it. He does like his X-box but I do try to limit him. He much prefers to go fishing or play outside.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:19 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post
We all originated from Africa then dispersed.
exactly......
Old 09-23-2015, 10:20 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,393

Quote:
How can you say we came to America legally if the American soil owned by indians and then taken away by force (guns) from the Indian. (I say owned the land) they where here first. indians had No documented info to claim the land. we came with knowledge, reading, writing ect. figured out they ( indians) can't read or write so hey we will forcefully take it from them etc.
I'm just saying......
Attachment 95400

true true....the truth...
Old 09-23-2015, 10:27 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Are all video game players "weak asses"?

I work offshore, in fact I'm working over right now to help pay bills. But dammit do I like to play some video games with my friends when I am off.

Nothing wrong with video games.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:15 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,460

Quote:
How can you say we came to America legally if the American soil owned by indians and then taken away by force (guns) from the Indian. (I say owned the land) they where here first. indians had No documented info to claim the land. we came with knowledge, reading, writing ect. figured out they ( indians) can't read or write so hey we will forcefully take it from them etc.
I'm just saying......
Attachment 95400
I hate this argument about the stolen lands of the American Continents.

Where does it stop. All lands have been "stolen" from someone. From the English to the Nigerians, Germans and the Arabs. All of these lands are stolen from a civilization that lost war or was overtaken by some other EMPIRE.

The American Indians sided on the wrong side in two major wars. Before there was a USA.

1. French and Indian War (for those that don't know the French and Indians were on the same side.) We (the French and Indians) lost this war. It is also when the British booted us from up north and shipped us to Louisiana.

2. The Revolutionary War. The Indian Tribes in North America sided with the ENGLISH this time and raided towns, villages, and supply routes purposely not engaging with the regular military and destroying crops and killing civilian population. Washington retaliated and destroying all of their fields, villages and any warriors that he could find.

So the American Indians LOST not one but TWO major wars yet continued to rebel and not conform to what would become the USA.

And if you want to see cruelty to the American Indian check out what the Spanish did to them in South America.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:56 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post

I work offshore, in fact I'm working over right now to help pay bills. But dammit do I like to play some video games with my friends when I am off.

Nothing wrong with video games.
No not at all. Wasnt talking about people who do it just for fun or to chill with their friends. Perhaps I should have clarified that. Our son loves his x box but he plays when he can't do anything else. Was talking about the kind that think going outside is a scarey thing. My brother gripes because his boy will spend the whole weekend in his room playing. I'm like dude you are the dad. Unplug that toy and tell him to do something else. Wasn't trying to take a shot at anyone inparticular
Old 09-23-2015, 12:01 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricecb View Post
I hate this argument about the stolen lands of the American Continents.

Where does it stop. All lands have been "stolen" from someone. From the English to the Nigerians, Germans and the Arabs. All of these lands are stolen from a civilization that lost war or was overtaken by some other EMPIRE.

The American Indians sided on the wrong side in two major wars. Before there was a USA.

1. French and Indian War (for those that don't know the French and Indians were on the same side.) We (the French and Indians) lost this war. It is also when the British booted us from up north and shipped us to Louisiana.

2. The Revolutionary War. The Indian Tribes in North America sided with the ENGLISH this time and raided towns, villages, and supply routes purposely not engaging with the regular military and destroying crops and killing civilian population. Washington retaliated and destroying all of their fields, villages and any warriors that he could find.

So the American Indians LOST not one but TWO major wars yet continued to rebel and not conform to what would become the USA.

And if you want to see cruelty to the American Indian check out what the Spanish did to them in South America.
who was educated and who wasn't in this situation?

sided I'd say isn't a good word to use when dealing with un educated people bc the one with the education will make it seem really good!
Old 09-23-2015, 12:46 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
You right, even Welders and ESPECIALLY STRUCTURAL FITTERS are a dieing breed. We have old bosses who were fitters who can calculate the measurments they need, some of these your fitters can't cut a piece a channel without a cutsheet

I try to teach my son everything that I know how to do, when I'm changing the oil he's helping me, cutting grass, laying tile, cutting something on the saw...... I make sure at least he's familiar with it. He does like his X-box but I do try to limit him. He much prefers to go fishing or play outside.
Swamp it's great to have a young man that isn't scared to help with projects around the house. Teaches them how to be productive men. My boy isn't scared to do some work. Especially if power tools are involved. Lol
Old 09-23-2015, 12:48 PM
Sailfish

Swamp my boy is a senior and makes excellent grades. He is skipping college because he wants to be a welder. Good trade for a young man to have.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:33 PM
Flounder

Cash: 633

Quote:
Swamp my boy is a senior and makes excellent grades. He is skipping college because he wants to be a welder. Good trade for a young man to have.
Maybe a better route if he knows for sure thats what he wants to do. Trade jobs are in high demand with the influx of people who were told all their life they needed to go to college... get out of college.. no jobs to be had.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:45 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjleger337 View Post
Maybe a better route if he knows for sure thats what he wants to do. Trade jobs are in high demand with the influx of people who were told all their life they needed to go to college... get out of college.. no jobs to be had.
He has a year and a half of welding in high school and he loves it. Was hoping to finish high school with his welding certification but his senior schedule is not going to allow that to happen I don't think.
Old 09-23-2015, 04:38 PM
Flounder

Cash: 518

I've been tracing my heritage recently...mixed breed. Scottish on one half side, English on another half side, German thrown in for good measure and plenty of French. Almost all arrived in the 1700s and put in a hard couple of centuries work before I arrived God Bless um. Had the Nova Scotia exile with some. Had a Lt General in the Civil War, Kentucky, a lot of farmers.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:46 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,460

Quote:
who was educated and who wasn't in this situation?

sided I'd say isn't a good word to use when dealing with un educated people bc the one with the education will make it seem really good!
The American Indian was no stranger to war and territories. They knew who they were fighting and why.

The French and British both wanted there help in the French and Indian wars. Washington and the colonies wanted the help of the Indians but mostly wanted them out of the war because the could barley arm and feed themselves. The Indians at the time went with who paid them best and who they thought would win the war.

Furthermore
After the revolutionary war the Spanish would arm the Indians in the territories they still owned in around florida so the would cause trouble for people on the frontier. This was to try to keep people from moving west. (Pre Louisiana purchase). Why? The Spanish still owned Mexico and had claim to everything west of the Sabine River. And all of Europe were in wars with Napoleon.
This was to try to keep the U.S. From colonizing and exploring. That president on the 20$ bill defeated them and damn near killed everyone of them when he marched them west.

The Indians were no fools. Stop believing they were trading Gold and furs for cheap trinkets. They truly did lose there lands from wars.

I'm not saying any of it was fair, just or even in some cases humane. Those were tough times and wars were fought different.

It isn't PC to say the truth but these are all historical facts. At least they were in the 80s. I know history has been rewritten in the modern day to make us feel guilty of who we are and where we came from. Who knows.

One other note. I guess the Brits owe us some $$$$ for stealing our land in Nova Scotia? But would we have to pay the Indians or the Vikings for taking it from them first?
Old 09-24-2015, 07:05 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
yep... and lazy