SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 12-07-2015, 11:34 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 521
Default Grand Isle

Ok guys and gals. I typically rent a camp in Cocodrie for a week during June. As the grandkids are getting older and there is absolutely nothing in Cocodrie to keep the attention span of an 8 and 3 year old, we are considering Grand Isle for a week in June. I know the beach is there and the park so the kids can at least burn some energy off during the day. The trout should be on the beach by then but I have also read about the seaweed washing ashore. Is it typical during this time of the year? Is it a prevailing wind? Also, I have an 18 foot xpress hyperlift bay boat, if the winds are light and seas calm, should I be able to fish the beaches with this setup? While I lived in Louisiana we used to fish the marshes for reds and trout but never the beaches. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:22 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Fish should be slamming in the surf by then. I have been going to grand isle for many years and only remember a couple times that seaweed was a problem. Both were after hurricanes. I see boats like yours fishing outside all the time just pay attention to the weather. Behind the island can be real good at that time of year also.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:16 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 974

EMan is right. You and the kiddos should have a blast. Lots to do. You can always find fish on the bayside. If the seas are calm you can fish the beach. Seen several rigs like yours do that.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:05 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,020

As long as the winds calm you shouldn't have much problem with the sargasm (floating sea weed). Normally only see it when there is a sustained south wind over 20mph for weeks on end.
Old 12-08-2015, 02:43 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 521

Thanks much guys. Last year or 2 in Cocodrie we had a sustained southeast wind, 15 plus all week long. The tide just could not fall out and the reds were stacked in the grass. Still managed fish but it was work. Reminded me of fishing back here in St. Augustine in the flood tides which I am not good at.