SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes)

The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes) What good is a cajun site without a cooking and recipe forum?

Old 05-26-2013, 08:55 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,385
Default Worn Out and Wild Burgers!

Yesterday morning was a really nice one so I decided to take some tools to the office and do a little cleaning of the parking lot of my building. The owner of the building just passed away tow weeks ago and the lot which isn't that big needed some TLC so I thought I'd go spend an hour with my weed trimmer and blower and clean it up. Well, it would happen that I get there and go to start the trimmer and it won't start. Never had troubl with it before but since I thought I'd do the office lot before going home and cutting the front lawn and yard it acts up on me. So, I take it into the lab and do a little maintnance on it and get it running. Now it's after 9:00am! I start trimming and the line keeps breaking so I have to keep stopping and adjusting that. Finally I get through trimming the weeds and start with the blower. Moving along nicely and the lot is looking really nice so I decided to check around the back of the building and do some cleaning in the back. Finally I leave the office and head home to cut my grass at alomost noon. One hour turned into over three hours.
Get home cut the grass and decide to light the grill just to enjoy the smokey aroma of charcoal and wood smoking. I love it! Finished about 4:00pm and sore I decided I needed a warm soak in the tub.
After an hour I head out to Home Depot for a part I need to fix the trimmer properly and a stop at Rouse's and back to the house to grill burgers. I left the grill(Bubba Keg)burning so no time lost waiting for it to heat up. On the way home I stop at a Daquiri shop and get myself a large frozen White Russian daquiri to help to continue cooling down and relax while sitting out by the grill.
Alrighty now, burgers are on the grill and smelling fantastic and in fact the whole neighborhood smelled great as I got of of my truck when I got home. I tossed a nice sized chunk of wood on the burning charcoal right before I left for Home Depot. Lol.....
Burgers about halfway done and my frozen daquiri. The first half went down kind of quick to cool me down. ;D ;D Thirty two ounces of delicious and refreshing frostiness!

Hard to beat a good grilled burger! Oh, the "Wild" about these burgers is because I used a rub/seasoning I make that I call Wild. I mixed a good amount into the meat which I had ground fresh from a big sirloin roast.

Since I worked so hard I needed two burgers. One with just shredded cheese, thin sliced onions and bbq sauce and one dressed all the way with swiss cheese and a few tater tots.

Upon close review these were FANTASTIC!!!
Old 05-26-2013, 09:16 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Looks dang good, those plates are awesome to - U S A!!

Is the egg worth the investment? What are the benefits over an ol smokey or a Weber One Touch kettle? There are my go-to grills right now for charcoal/wood.