SaltyCajun.com lake area banner

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Ling

Cash: 4,258
Dance

try to fish it as often as I can when the water is not messed up. Looks like its getting right now though.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:38 AM
Ling

hey tete-dur, how you liking that pathfinder so far? Ive been having mine sine 02,just love it.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:21 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,503

yeah ill start posting up some pics i actually have some from a offshore trip we took the 4th and some from last weekend. vbay needs some pics up here cause im tired of looking at w's little bitty trout.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650

Are the specks starting to move inside the bay and around the camps at the point. If not, what time of year do they start to move in. Work keeps me from fishing much these days so every trip has to be worth it plus boat is just not big enough to go out the pass unless its perfect. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 659

What's up fellas? I am new here and fish both the bay and around Houma. Thinking about heading to the bay this weekend. The winds look favorable. Saint.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Redfish

Cash: 850
Default V Bay

Another bay fisherman here. I learned to fish on Big Lake and have fished it many many times but love to fish the reefs on the south side of marsh island. Caught limits on about 8 trips this summer. It has been awesome.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:12 PM
Sand Trout

Default V.Bay

Pretty new to area, but been fishing the bay last couple of weeks with little luck, My Delacroix Island techniques aren't working here. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Old 07-16-2009, 10:03 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilfisher View Post
Are the specks starting to move inside the bay and around the camps at the point. If not, what time of year do they start to move in. Work keeps me from fishing much these days so every trip has to be worth it plus boat is just not big enough to go out the pass unless its perfect. Thanks for the help.
oil a couple of weeks ago i had reports of specks being caught at the trashpile blue point and in the cove. i fished the weekend after and caught some at the cove but no further in. usually around september the trout start moving in depending on the water but deff early october the bite is on.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:11 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 587

The new Pathfinder is the best thing since sliced bread..... I like everything about it. It is a huge pretty big step up from my last boat. I's much more comfortable fishing now....especially since I fish at least once a week and very often more than once. I'm going to take some pics and put in my profile soon.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:46 AM
Sand Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by flounder_smacker View Post
oil a couple of weeks ago i had reports of specks being caught at the trashpile blue point and in the cove. i fished the weekend after and caught some at the cove but no further in. usually around september the trout start moving in depending on the water but deff early october the bite is on.

Thanks for the info. That's kind of what I have been hearing, just thought I would ask.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Sand Trout

Fish V-bay all the time when there is time available ...
Old 07-17-2009, 07:14 PM
Ling

Default pathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tete Dur View Post
The new Pathfinder is the best thing since sliced bread..... I like everything about it. It is a huge pretty big step up from my last boat. I's much more comfortable fishing now....especially since I fish at least once a week and very often more than once. I'm going to take some pics and put in my profile soon.
is it the seafoam green color? what size motor do you have? cant quite tell in the pic. If your out on the water that much,maybe we will cross each other and I can see the new updates from mine.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271
Default dabery

Quote:
Originally Posted by daberry View Post
I fish Cypremort Point area every fall. My family has had a camp since 1968 at the Point and I usually take a month off of work every year and stay at the camp. Usually first week of Sept, one week in Oct, and the first 2 weeks in Nov.
Looks like this year I should have taken more time off earlier as salinity is very high for July in addition to the fact it has been low up until now which probably has tons of bait in the area. Looks like a stellar year. I live on the Northshore of Lake Pontchartrain so usually do not make the trip in to the Point unless I have at least 3 or more days off.
Just found this site. Hope to get some info. and always willing to give away most of my secrets to a few.
Fisherofthebass, I see your posts on other websites, often see your posts when we have fished the same day in the same area. What are you fishing in? I have a 22' white Blackjack with Yamaha 250 and Powerpole if you see me this fall.
sorry i couldnt get back to all the questions.. I've been on vacation, but we have a 19ft nautic star with a black strike and we have a 115 opti on it.. I'll keep an eye out for you though
Old 07-21-2009, 11:11 AM
Ling

Default dink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
Same here........looking forward to getting out in it soon............Never had the boat to go thru the pass safely, now, it's on!!
Its a pretty boat too!! I'll be looking for you this fall, I was actually thinking about you this past weekend cuz i was in florida lol

for you and anybody else feel free to ask questions.. I'm no pro but I've learned a lot in the area the past 2 years
Old 07-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

I'm from Delcambre and hit the bay as often as I can. It's hard to go far out with my boat (16' Alumacraft) so I mostly fish the mouths of the Delcambre Canal, Bayou Chene and Boston Canal.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:00 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by speck-chaser View Post
is it the seafoam green color? what size motor do you have? cant quite tell in the pic. If your out on the water that much,maybe we will cross each other and I can see the new updates from mine.
Yes, it's the sea foam color. I've been meaning of putting up more pics of it. It has a 200 HPDI.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:58 PM
Ling

Default 16' alumacraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry View Post
I'm from Delcambre and hit the bay as often as I can. It's hard to go far out with my boat (16' Alumacraft) so I mostly fish the mouths of the Delcambre Canal, Bayou Chene and Boston Canal.
thats exactly what we used to have and we used to fish weeks bay, trash pile, sharks bayou, hammock, and the cove and we always did pretty well during the fall. If you ever need anything just send me a PM and I'll see what i can do
Old 07-21-2009, 02:14 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post
thats exactly what we used to have and we used to fish weeks bay, trash pile, sharks bayou, hammock, and the cove and we always did pretty well during the fall. If you ever need anything just send me a PM and I'll see what i can do
Yea, I go to all those places when it's not too rough but you know how the bay can be sometimes. I brought my two cousins (8 and 14) and my brother out 2 weekends ago when it was like glass and we went fish everywhere from Delcambre to Marsh Island.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:16 PM
Ling

did ya'll have any luck?? I'm sure ya'll at least got on some reds. Heard they've been every where in the bay
Old 07-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Swordfish

Yea man we ended up with 4 keepers. I let the young ones fish and mostly just retied their lines as they would get caught up and break them lol. I think I had more fun netting their fish then I would have had catching them myself.