SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:26 AM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post

Is this real life?

No it is not. We are living in movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2014, 09:27 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
No it is not. We are living in GIF .

fixed it
Old 02-03-2014, 09:36 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 834

Come here legally.
Pay your taxes.
Be part of the solution not the problem.

Do that and I could care less what comes out anyone's mouth. Good gosh, we are worried about foreign languages being spoken in the US, and out natural born citizens can barely find a coherent sentence with two hands and a flashlight.

If someone wants a better life then come on to the good ole US. Just do it legally. An stay out of trouble.

But this multicultural stuff is here to stay. If you don't like it, voice your opinion with your dollars. There are many businesses that feel the way you do, shop there. That's why my family eats Chick-Fil-A.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:41 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulox86 View Post
Come here legally.
Pay your taxes.

Do that and I could care less what comes out anyone's mouth. Good gosh, we are worried about foreign languages being spoken in the US, and out natural born citizens can barely find a coherent sentence with two hands and a flashlight.

If someone wants a better life then come on to the good ole US. Just do it legally. An stay out of trouble.

But this multicultural stuff is here to stay. If you don't like it, voice your opinion with your dollars. There are many businesses that feel the way you do, shop there. That's why my family eats Chick-Fil-A.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:51 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Instruction in state-supported schools should generally be in English, except for foreign language courses. The experience of my family is that speaking Spanish has always been allowed in schools when students are allowed to converse with each other and the school has no need of monitoring the conversation. When correction came, it was either because English was necessary for instructional purposes or because at that moment talking wasn't allowed in class in English either, so the real issue was disrupting class by talking rather than the language of the conversation. No one was forced not to speak Spanish in the home or in private conversations; it was just recognized that making public accommodations that facilitated the neglect of learning English was not in the best interests of the Hispanic students.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:52 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulox86 View Post
Come here legally.
Pay your taxes.

Nailed it.
I eat that hate infused chicken on the reg I don't agree with them but I also don't care what they think.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:15 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Nailed it.
I eat that hate infused chicken on the reg I don't agree with them but I also don't care what they think.

Must be the gay marriage thing that throws you off.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:22 AM
King Mackeral

Nearly all public high schools offer foreign language courses, and most colleges (including LSU) require two years of the same foreign language for freshman admission. American education values still emphasize learning of foreign languages. The bigger problem is that academic rigor has declined in all subjects, and students are being passed who have not met the learning objectives of a course. But that is just as large a problem in English, Math, Science, and History as it is in foreign languages.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Must be the gay marriage thing that throws you off.

Yeah. I guess. People are people. Doesn't matter who they like. If they wanna get married and have the same rights as other married couples they should. If the church doesn't want to marry them that is also ok. I didn't have anything to do with the church when I got married. The bible lost me when it said I couldn't eat shellfish.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:43 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Yeah. I guess. People are people. Doesn't matter who they like. If they wanna get married and have the same rights as other married couples they should. If the church doesn't want to marry them that is also ok. I didn't have anything to do with the church when I got married. The bible lost me when it said I couldn't eat shellfish.

The whole gay marriage thing is something I have no opinion on. I have gay friends that support it and religious friends that are against. I stay neutral. I dont care either way honestly.
Technicaly gay people have the same marriage rights under the law as straight people do. You can marry whoever you want as long as they are the opposite sex. Same law for straight or gay.

Sarcasm much.lol
Old 02-03-2014, 11:14 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
I don't see anything wrong with it. It's no different than older Cajun members of the VFW saying the Pledge of Alegiance in French.

We used to say the pledge in French at school. They cut that out real quick.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:57 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default french

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshRat89 View Post
We used to say the pledge in French at school. They cut that out real quick.

my lil boy is in french and they are learning to recite "The Pledge" in french
Old 02-03-2014, 12:07 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfighter View Post
no one has a problem with the immigrants that are going about this the LEGAL way, no one has a problem with some one wanting to better themselves
Right. The main problem with the coke commercial is the apparent acceptance and perhaps advocacy of public policy acceptance of ILLEGAL immigration and the extension of expensive services (public education, health care, etc.) to illegal immigrants. Other than due process to determine by the perponderance of the evidence that they are in the country illegally, ILLEGAL immigrants should not have many rights while ILLEGALLY in the US. They certainly should NOT have the right to an education, the right to vote, the right to healthcare, the RKBA, etc.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:19 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633

the music the shop guys are listening to made me think of the issue

DON'T HATE THE PLAYER HATE THE GAME

hahaha
Old 02-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Who said anything about this being directed toward illegal immigrants?

From what I recall, there are several languages in the commercial and the vibe I got was coca-cola trying to represent the U.S. as a culturally diverse nation of individuals forming a whole.

Man, y'all let Fox News get y'all fired up!!!
Old 02-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

What people should be really worry about is all these Muslims Obama is giving jobs too and all the Generals he is running off
Old 02-03-2014, 12:23 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

When im drunk i can speak 3 languages
Old 02-03-2014, 12:51 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
When im drunk i can speak 3 languages
You can't even spell "3"!

The commercial was just a commercial. I don't see a problem with it at all. The US is one of the most intolerant countries in the world when it comes to foreign languages. As stated earlier, almost every other developed country in the world knows at least two languages. We are really behind the curve in that aspect.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:04 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
Who said anything about this being directed toward illegal immigrants?

From what I recall, there are several languages in the commercial and the vibe I got was coca-cola trying to represent the U.S. as a culturally diverse nation of individuals forming a whole.
Most of us have enough experience with American politics to realize that most discussions positive on "cultural diversity" carry implicit suggestions regarding favorable treatment of "undocumented workers."

Marketing people earn lots of money for effective communication of a message without saying so much explicitly. There is definitely room to defend the Coke commercial claiming, "It said nothing about illegals." At the same time, there is plenty of room to express concern regarding a commercial that has not so subtle hints at political advocacy.

One would be naive to believe that there was no intent in the commercial to "soften" the audience toward more favorable treatment of "undocumented workers."
Old 02-03-2014, 01:27 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
You can't even spell "3"!

The commercial was just a commercial. I don't see a problem with it at all. The US is one of the most intolerant countries in the world when it comes to foreign languages. As stated earlier, almost every other developed country in the world knows at least two languages. We are really behind the curve in that aspect.
The US is behind the curve on education in general..... And I have a hard time believing that immigrants, both legal and illegal, are to blame. The amount of paranoia over a simple commercial is staggering!