SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-07-2011, 01:34 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,002
Default Iphone vs droid

alright i need honest opions. from people that know true difference not my ****** is bigger than yours.....

monday i get switched to verizon. im with centennial. i currently have a droid and i feel i can do what ever a iphone can do and most of my music and apps are free. plus with the switch over a new droid is free iphone is 200

So why is a iphone any better?
Old 06-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 988

Because when your at your house in BFE you can connect to wifi and actually use the phone !!!
Old 06-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Man service is horrible on them. Verizon service might be better. It might just be AT&T. I have had every IPhone they make and I am really thinking hard about making the switch to Verizon from AT&T and possibly getting a DROID. The dropped calls and reception on mine is getting worse and worse by the day. I think I might just get an IPad and get rid of the IPhone b/c they really are awesome when they actually work. Only thing that worries me is on AT&T I have full service in the marsh and at my deer camp. i don't know if i will be able to do that with Verizon.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:46 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdomingue View Post
Because when your at your house in BFE you can connect to wifi and actually use the phone !!!

you can't make phone calls off of wifi you mullet i told you that.....and i can connect to wifi off my droid to use the apps. i have a booster at my house anyway now
Old 06-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 988

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsfence View Post
you can't make phone calls off of wifi you mullet i told you that.....and i can connect to wifi off my droid to use the apps. i have a booster at my house anyway now
I make calls off of wifi all the time mullet .........do you remember i called your house in front of you spoonbill!!! but i have never had a droid , but had service through verizon and it sucked ........ last couple months AT&T has been sucking to though!!
Old 06-07-2011, 01:57 PM
King Mackeral

you made a call off of att not my wifi unless you was using skype or icall apps
Old 06-07-2011, 01:58 PM
King Mackeral

the verizon service in my area will now be 3g and they say its going to be everywhere centenial was so it should be great i hope
Old 06-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

As long as Verizon gets centennials towers and coverage, I'd stick with the Droid.....get the X, its badass! It is its own wifi hotspot! IPhone users That can't get a signal can use your phone to get online
Old 06-07-2011, 02:00 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
As long as Verizon gets centennials towers and coverage, I'd stick with the Droid.....get the X, its badass! It is its own wifi hotspot! IPhone users That can't get a signal can use your phone to get online

this is the one they are giving me free i think im going to stick with droid at least for a year then i may upgrade to the iphone if i don't like it
Old 06-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdomingue View Post
I have an EVO with sprint but am changein to verizon in a few weeks and plan to get their version. I work with a guy that switched from I-Phone to the HTC and said he likes it way better due to the apps and he said he likes the program better. I am not sure about being able to talk and surf the web at same time on the droids but you give up somthin both ways since the I-Phone dont run flash, atleast I was told that.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

The Droid operating system is much more user friendly......the 4 "buttons" on the face of the phone make all the difference in the world
Old 06-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

just a tip for android users its free in the market.. download OPERA MINI BROWSER and use it as a widget for your internet and its quiccker than normal...bam its there...I PHONERS i think its not free unless its jail broke...just a tip..
Old 06-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 685

Quote:
Originally Posted by inchspinner View Post
just a tip for android users its free in the market.. download OPERA MINI BROWSER and use it as a widget for your internet and its quiccker than normal...bam its there...I PHONERS i think its not free unless its jail broke...just a tip..
opera is using proxy servers, it optimizes the page for your phone so it loads quicker. not all sites work on opera. I have found no browser , other than stock that is fast enough and stable enough for me.

. I myself have android(HTC EVO 4G rooted and running CyanogenMod7) Which is a totally different phone than came from factory.Phone companies give us a product, and we hack the **** out of it to make it something better than it was and expand its capabilities. That's the whole point of rooting/jailbreaking.

if you're gonna root/jailbreak and fiddle with the phone, get ANDROID..

oo with android you can switch roms, roms are like different distros of linux, or if you dont understand that...like we both have xboxes...but you only have one game, i have many....roms..

heres my phone with cyanogenmod7

and miui rom

if you plan to use the phone like any other,...get the iphone....both great phones, 1 is more for tech savvy people , and the other, for simple people

Last edited by booyagasha; 06-07-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyagasha View Post
opera is using proxy servers, it optimizes the page for your phone so it loads quicker. not all sites work on opera. I have found no browser , other than stock that is fast enough and stable enough for me.

. I myself have android(HTC EVO 4G rooted and running CyanogenMod7) Which is a totally different phone than came from factory.Phone companies give us a product, and we hack the **** out of it to make it something better than it was and expand its capabilities. That's the whole point of rooting/jailbreaking.

if you're gonna root/jailbreak and fiddle with the phone, get ANDROID..

oo with android you can switch roms, roms are like different distros of linux, or if you dont understand that...like we both have xboxes...but you only have one game, i have many....roms..

heres my phone with cyanogenmod7
YouTube - ‪Cynogenm0d7 on evo screencapture‬‏

and miui rom
YouTube - ‪miui 1.4.22 on evo‬‏

if you plan to use the phone like any other,...get the iphone....both great phones, 1 is more for tech savvy people , and the other, for simple people
is there away to take a HTC EVO set up on Sprint and reset to work on Verizon? I am a simple man so please dont fry my brain...hehe
Old 06-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
is there away to take a HTC EVO set up on Sprint and reset to work on Verizon? I am a simple man so please dont fry my brain...hehe
no, but there are other android phones already on verzon.HTC THUNDERBOLT, pretty much rebranded phone, even with 4g

nothing beats a 4.3 inch screen!!!
Old 06-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

I have the EVO and absolutely love it. I've used the iPhone and have an iPod touch and I find that they are more like kids toys compared to a Droid. My wife even swapped over to a EVO and likes it. I have the mobile hotspot on mine which is pretty cool cuz I can turn it on and it pretty much becomes a wireless router. There are also more apps for Droid than iPhone now, at least that's what I read somewhere the other day.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry View Post
I have the EVO and absolutely love it. I've used the iPhone and have an iPod touch and I find that they are more like kids toys compared to a Droid. My wife even swapped over to a EVO and likes it. I have the mobile hotspot on mine which is pretty cool cuz I can turn it on and it pretty much becomes a wireless router. There are also more apps for Droid than iPhone now, at least that's what I read somewhere the other day.
well I guess i will be sellin my evo when i swap over, so if anyone has sprint and wants an evo thats been in a otter box since it left the store and will still be when sold send me a pm as i will be gettin rid of in first of july.....think i may cry i have close to $300 in this thing
Old 06-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
well I guess i will be sellin my evo when i swap over, so if anyone has sprint and wants an evo thats been in a otter box since it left the store and will still be when sold send me a pm as i will be gettin rid of in first of july.....think i may cry i have close to $300 in this thing
ddont' head out too quick...evo 3d is coming out in a few weeks...plus sprint might very well get the iphone4gs

if you up for upgrade, radio shack will take your old evo and give you 100 credit towards the new evo 3d...199.00 -100.00=99.00 for evo3d...GTFOH
Old 06-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyagasha View Post
ddont' head out too quick...evo 3d is coming out in a few weeks...plus sprint might very well get the iphone4gs

if you up for upgrade, radio shack will take your old evo and give you 100 credit towards the new evo 3d...199.00 -100.00=99.00 for evo3d...GTFOH
well i am switchin to verizon next month but wonder if i can trade this in and get the verizon phone like it for same deal
Old 06-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsfence View Post
alright i need honest opions. from people that know true difference not my ****** is bigger than yours.....

monday i get switched to verizon. im with centennial. i currently have a droid and i feel i can do what ever a iphone can do and most of my music and apps are free. plus with the switch over a new droid is free iphone is 200

So why is a iphone any better?
iPhone's are not better. People that have them are followers. Getting the EVO next week, super stoked about it.