SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:04 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316
Default Just a question

Why are 99% of the people who work a gun stores a-holes??
Old 01-25-2013, 02:10 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,833

X 2.... Lol. That's for sure.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:13 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,139

bad genetics i guess they are either a holes or gods gifts to guns
Old 01-25-2013, 02:15 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,733

Losers + Guns= Losers w/ big egos
Old 01-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

because they have been dealing with the WORLD IS GOING TO END stupid people!!!!!

can you image the phone calls gun shops are getting right now....NO AMMO left in the U.S.

Thank Obama he just loaded the U.S.A. with more guns and ammo in one year than the last 100 years
Old 01-25-2013, 02:21 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,552

They are being bombarded by new gun purchasers and ammo crack heads on a regular basis

Secondly they probably have to deal with gun know it alls everyday

thirdly they may have ego issues
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 01-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
because they have been dealing with the WORLD IS GOING TO END stupid people!!!!!

can you image the phone calls gun shops are getting right now....NO AMMO left in the U.S.

Thank Obama he just loaded the U.S.A. with more guns and ammo in one month than the last 100 years
fixed it
Old 01-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post

Thank Obama he just loaded the U.S.A. with more guns and ammo in one year than the last 100 years
Those little d ick mf's act like that b4 all this gun craze bs.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

I couldn't do it, you have people that want to hold every single gun and they have absolutely no intentions on buying it and just want to shoot the bull. Then like someone said, every one is an expert already on guns and have to listen to that junk and on top of that, people have been going crazy the last few weeks. I couldn't imagine some of the calls they are getting. I bet they are getting 100 calls a day asking about .223 ammo and AR-15s and when they are getting them in, etc.

eta: I will say that in my experience that 50% of people working behind the archery counter have NO idea what they are doing! Especially the bigger stores.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:28 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
I couldn't do it, you have people that want to hold every single gun and they have absolutely no intentions on buying it and just want to shoot the bull. Then like someone said, every one is an expert already on guns and have to listen to that junk and on top of that, people have been going crazy the last few weeks. I couldn't imagine some of the calls they are getting. I bet they are getting 100 calls a day asking about .223 ammo and AR-15s and when they are getting them in, etc.
this!!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 01-25-2013, 02:37 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

I'm sure they deal with a lot of idiots, but even before all this mess they were a bunch of @$$holes behind the counter! I've dealt with a few who are idiots who have no clue what they are talking about, but swear they are freaking SEALS!!! It pisses me off when they try and pass their BS information to uneducated customers. Even when you go in knowing exactly what you want/need, they always have that one douch who wants to tell you that "What you need is this, because I have a buddy who has a cousin who's uncle on his momma's side was a Green Beret, and that's what he carries!" I'm not saying I'm a firearms expert, but I'm very good at researching what I want/need, and don't need some jackleg telling me he's an expert because he sits behind a counter all day and carries a Taurus on his hip in a fancy holster! Bunch of Mall N I N J A S!!!!! Sorry..... rant over!
Old 01-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Because the liberal government is steady tryin to shut em down.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:43 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

In Laffy Shooters years ago when the Desert Eagle first came out and over hear the salesman workin a dude hard. Tells him it's what they use to shoot grizzly bears with in Alaska, Dad chimes in that they better shoot and run if that's what their using because it ain't enought lead.
Don't think the dood made the sale that day
Old 01-25-2013, 03:20 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
I'm sure they deal with a lot of idiots, but even before all this mess they were a bunch of @$$holes behind the counter! I've dealt with a few who are idiots who have no clue what they are talking about, but swear they are freaking SEALS!!! It pisses me off when they try and pass their BS information to uneducated customers. Even when you go in knowing exactly what you want/need, they always have that one douch who wants to tell you that "What you need is this, because I have a buddy who has a cousin who's uncle on his momma's side was a Green Beret, and that's what he carries!" I'm not saying I'm a firearms expert, but I'm very good at researching what I want/need, and don't need some jackleg telling me he's an expert because he sits behind a counter all day and carries a Taurus on his hip in a fancy holster! Bunch of Mall N I N J A S!!!!! Sorry..... rant over!

I think this falls in with everything. If you were to ask something on this site for instance about a fishing rod or shotgun, you would get 100 different responses and everyone is an expert too. Some people like rods infused with helium and some people like to call ducks using bouncing hens and refuge feed calls. I don't know where I am going with this but anyways
Old 01-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

When I went to Jim's in BR last weekend, they were all really cool to deal with. Now, go to Cabela's and, they treat you like they are doing you a favor by doing their job(which I'm pretty sure they think is just standing there)!

The guys at Hebert's in Gonzales/Prairieville were pretty easy going too.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:46 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
I think this falls in with everything. If you were to ask something on this site for instance about a fishing rod or shotgun, you would get 100 different responses and everyone is an expert too. Some people like rods infused with helium and some people like to call ducks using bouncing hens and refuge feed calls. I don't know where I am going with this but anyways

I understand what your saying, but ask guys on here about say a fishing rod or a duck call and you'll get a constructive response with some personal experience thrown in. It would be more like, "I love the way my "x" rod handles as opposed to my "y" rod. I've been fishing them both for a while and that's my opinion." Or "I normally have better feedback from the ducks using this call instead of that one, but I am the best duck hunter in the world regardless of what call "

I like to hear other people's personal opinions on things before I buy an item and will consider the guy behind the gun counter's opinion when he says I've taken both to the range and this is my observation. However, I could really care less about some guy that is Rambo's 2nd cousin who they've never met.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:05 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,607

I DID NOT have a good experience at Dave's gun shop last week. I went in looking for AR-15 sights and the guy I talked to tried to make me feel like an idiot.

I did ask for .223 ammo because I had found some the day before at a gun shop in morgan city. They though I was an idiot. For asking. I had to follow him arou d the atore asking my questions because he wouldnt even stop to talk to me.

Definitely will be going to check out Hebert's when I need gun and ammo help.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:08 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Quote:
Helium!!! LMAO!!!!!! Damn, I'd forgotten bout that
Old 01-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
I understand what your saying, but ask guys on here about say a fishing rod or a duck call and you'll get a constructive response with some personal experience thrown in. It would be more like, "I love the way my "x" rod handles as opposed to my "y" rod. I've been fishing them both for a while and that's my opinion." Or "I normally have better feedback from the ducks using this call instead of that one, but I am the best duck hunter in the world regardless of what call "

I like to hear other people's personal opinions on things before I buy an item and will consider the guy behind the gun counter's opinion when he says I've taken both to the range and this is my observation. However, I could really care less about some guy that is Rambo's 2nd cousin who they've never met.
IronMa...
Old 01-25-2013, 04:31 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako19 View Post
I DID NOT have a good experience at Dave's gun shop last week. I went in looking for AR-15 sights and the guy I talked to tried to make me feel like an idiot.

I did ask for .223 ammo because I had found some the day before at a gun shop in morgan city. They though I was an idiot. For asking. I had to follow him arou d the atore asking my questions because he wouldnt even stop to talk to me.

Definitely will be going to check out Hebert's when I need gun and ammo help.
i've read some bad experiences with Dave's...I bought my 2nd pistol there..but geez that was in college.

I was in gator guns the other day and I swear every 5-10 minutes someone was calling or walking in asking for ARs or Ammo. These guys get hammered everyday....still no excuse.