SaltyCajun.com lake Area Marine

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo)

The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) Discuss anything related to firearms and ammunition here!

Old 08-10-2012, 10:40 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948
Default Shooting Ranges in LC

Just curious if anyone can tell me anything about the Lake Charles Gun Club. Rates, complaints, quality of the range, etc. Would like to be able to go somewhere occasionally to sight in rifles, shoot skeet, etc. Was thinking about just going to sherburne from time to time, but wanted to look into a gun club closer to home before committing to a 2 hour drive to sherburne.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Flounder

Cash: 641

Been shooting skeet there for a few years as I'm a competition shooter. Rifle facilities are top notch, but the shotgun facilities could be better. Machines breaks a lot of clays, etc.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:47 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

What does it cost for membership? Read somewhere it was $125 a year.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

I shoot there regularly with a friend that is a member so not sure about membership but had heard $125. The pistol range is good enough never had problems there. The rifle range used to get congested in the 25 to 50 yard range, were I like to plink at. But they just recently built a bigger dirt hill and added about 10 more targets for each. Its real nice and plenty of space. They allow 4 wheelers or trucks for the 600 yard target. I shoot skeet in lafayette so cannot vouch for the skeet towers.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Flounder

Cash: 683

Me and yak bum shoot there weekly, but yes skeet ranges are decent but rifle and pistol are pretty good.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:03 AM
Redfish

Cash: 830

i shoot rifles and pistols there never had a problem had to wait a few times for bench to be empty fees have been 125.00 far a few yrs now havent shot skeet so dont know about it
Old 09-09-2012, 08:54 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,864

$125 per year per family. That means your kids and wife can shoot there anytime you are not with them. Your friends can also shoot there as a guest even if you are not there.

You pay $125 for the priveledge of being there and for the rifle/pistol range. It cost extra to shoot skeet/trap/5 stand. If you are a member it is around $6 per box and non members around $8 per box for skeet/trap. 5 stand is about $1.00 more per box. Price includes clay targets.

They also offer concealed carry classes there and you can buy shells and other shooting stuff there when they are open.

We enjoy it and the additional rifle range will be nice come hunting season when everyone is sighting in rifles.

Definately worth the money, IMO.