SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs)

The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs) Discuss everything related to tackle here, including making your own

Old 09-22-2011, 07:58 PM
Redfish

Cash: 972
Default abu revo and ora inshore

I need some feedback on these reels anyone tried them out yet???
Old 09-22-2011, 08:01 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,346

about 80% of revos come into our shop for repairs and not cleanings, about the same percentage of shimanos come in for cleanings not repairs. save a headache and go shimano.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:04 PM
Redfish

I'd it the revo inshores that go in?
Old 09-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Redfish

The onshored come with the upgrade bearings from the factory unlike shimano and i know a guide thats had the revo and ora the inshore models since February and never haf a problem unlike 2011 shimanos
Old 09-22-2011, 08:36 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

I wear out reels, real fast, the orra lasted 5 months and needed repairs, I sold it on ebay after getting it fixed, I got another one I don't use much, citica is much better. I have bought quantums that are smooth reels and I fish all day with them, there not bad but I wouldn't use them in saltwater. if your gonna fish fresh and salt get a shimano it will last. the new models don't look as quality as last years models.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:44 PM
Redfish

I have new and old and the new ones have dissapointed me
Old 09-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patt View Post
The onshored come with the upgrade bearings from the factory unlike shimano and i know a guide thats had the revo and ora the inshore models since February and never haf a problem unlike 2011 shimanos

its not the bearings that have the problems, its the worms and pawls that still wear out like theyre made of butter. and i'm curious, what 2011 shimano has he had problems with?.. if u r talking the sub $100 reels like canaen and others then yes, they are obviously of lesser quality.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:46 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Quote:
Sounds like you don't need opinions to me.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:47 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,550

damn is it everybodies "that time of the month"
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 09-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
damn is it everybodies "that time of the month"
did i say something to offend?
Old 09-22-2011, 08:53 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Lure Tricks View Post
did i say something to offend?
No No! I should've put a "LOL" in there. When you read every thread and try to interpret what a poster will do next based one person's post it makes you a little !!

Shimano is a solid reel. The other reels might work out fine a person and thier specific fishing routine...just gotta try it out.

I looked at the lewes (sp) awhile back a the Tbox and liked them.
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 09-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Redfish

I have the new chronarch and the handle assembly stripped out after 2 months i was just wondering if anyone has had luck with the Abu inshore reels cause i heard good things about them that's all
Old 09-22-2011, 09:03 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
No No! I should've put a "LOL" in there. When you read every thread and try to interpret what a poster will do next based one person's post it makes you a little !!

Shimano is a solid reel. The other reels might work out fine a person and thier specific fishing routine...just gotta try it out.

I looked at the lewes (sp) awhile back a the Tbox and liked them.

Cool man, i hear ya! and yep it's all about personal preferences. i just try to help because thats what people ask me every day while trying to decide what to buy... i'm not a hard sell type guy, i like to give the customer all the information i can about the subject and let them make an informed decision.

if someone comes in the shop and says 'sell me that abu!', i aint arguing, i'm ringin it up! but if they ask me the difference between the two, i shoot em straight and tell them the truth to the best of my knowledge and ability!
Old 09-22-2011, 09:04 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Quote:
I have the new chronarch and the handle assembly stripped out after 2 months i was just wondering if anyone has had luck with the Abu inshore reels cause i heard good things about them that's all
someone esles had some issues with them on here...maybe a deal that shimano will have to address...
Old 09-22-2011, 09:07 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:

its all good man, i remember talkin to ya in the shop the other day. there's no doubt that is a warranty issue like we talked about. shimano will repair or likely replace your reel for free under their warranty policy.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:10 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

Love the Revo Premiers. IF you gots the money well worth it. I have owned shimanos and lews also. All quality reels. Shimanos (2010), IMO, hold up better to salt. I wont put a revo or Lews in salt.... my preference to fresh water.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:17 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Weedwacker bought a Ora at the first of the yr. It didn't last at all. He had to bring it back. I bought one of the first revos and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2011, 07:01 AM
Redfish

J Adams has a ora inshore and revo inshore. Sijce februrary and hasn't done any maintenance and their as smooth and cast just as far as my chronarch
Old 09-24-2011, 08:15 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

i have a revo stx, fished with it in saltwater probably for the first year, then fished with it strictly in fresh only because i replaced it with a curado. The revo still casts excellent and its one of my favorite long distance casters especially with topwater. Been having it for over 5 years i believe.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:47 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Shimano is by far #1 inshore line of reels...from Curado,Chronarch and Core..

Don't see why anyone would use anything else for inshore saltwater....None will out last Shimano reels!!! That's a Guarantee