SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:35 AM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUREBAY2200 View Post
Ooooooo ok.
But rod companies gotta sell new rods..... And if Rods never break people won't buy more.... Guess that's y the big companies haven't gone to spiral??
Lol
Jk

I just flexed all my rods.... None rolled to the side......
I c what ole boy is talking about.... But I think it's kinda trying to "re invent the wheel"
Yep, and IMO.....that's what this is all about. Some people take the bait....others don't.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:37 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,086
BigGrin Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPfishnTIM View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=FqxBcjB_LQw defense of micro guides. what they do, Technology explained.
I got a micro guide rod, love it.
Won't argue on micro guides
Old 01-08-2012, 12:41 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,578

I never said one negative thing about micros. I use them. I simply stated that using more than you need on a rod negates one of the micros main purposes which is to save weight.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:45 AM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

Quote:
Ooooooo ok.
But rod companies gotta sell new rods..... And if Rods never break people won't buy more.... Guess that's y the big companies haven't gone to spiral??
Lol
Jk

I just flexed all my rods.... None rolled to the side......
I c what ole boy is talking about.... But I think it's kinda trying to "re invent the wheel"
kinda, I broke a bass pro rod I knew i had a redfish on and it was running toward the boat I was trying to reel in the slack, then the fish ran strait back while I was reeling in and the fish started to pull i'm pulling up and facing a different way then the fish was running the rod twisted and broke. one way you can test your rod is pull the string bending the rod, turn your wrist sideways, pull some more tension with the string and straighten your wrist, the guide at the tip are still bending down and the guides closer to the real are facing up, the rod is being twisted in a way it can snap, guides being on the bottom keep the rod from twisting,
Old 01-08-2012, 12:46 AM
Ling

If I took a piece of wood, widdled it down to a small shape ; spaced out 14 Cheerios along it ; then put a pistol grip on the bottom & got some guy down the street to do a YouTube video explaining the benefits of my "woody" rod..... I bet it would sell!!
Old 01-08-2012, 12:49 AM
Ling

Slimer Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPfishnTIM View Post
kinda, I broke a bass pro rod I knew i had a redfish on and it was running toward the boat I was trying to reel in the slack, then the fish ran strait back while I was reeling in and the fish started to pull i'm pulling up and facing a different way then the fish was running the rod twisted and broke. one way you can test your rod is pull the string bending the rod, turn your wrist sideways, pull some more tension with the string and straighten your wrist, the guide at the tip are still bending down and the guides closer to the real are facing up, the rod is being twisted in a way it can snap, guides being on the bottom keep the rod from twisting,
I solved that issue last summer.... I just flip my rod upside down when I catch a big fish.......
Old 01-08-2012, 12:53 AM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Quote:
If I took a piece of wood, widdled it down to a small shape ; spaced out 14 Cheerios along it ; then put a pistol grip on the bottom & got some guy down the street to do a YouTube video explaining the benefits of my "woody" rod..... I bet it would sell!!
Lmbo, thats worth a laugh!
Old 01-08-2012, 06:22 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Quote:
will this come with a quick draw holster
Old 01-08-2012, 09:00 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Seriously now Tim, what the guy in the vid says about the rods twisting makes "cents" to me, but, can you really see the conventional rod "twist" when he pulled down on the tip?

Another thing, after 9,000,000 years of the world fishing without this spiral crap......why is it so critical now?
Same thing about baits. I guess fish decided that they no longer want bingo lures and H&H sparkle beetles and have to eat 8.00 Corky's and Gulp.

Made to catch the fisherman not the fish.:*****:
Old 01-08-2012, 09:33 AM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

the spiral rod isn't sooo important, I like the concept. and I've caught just as many fish on my falcon and american rodsmith rods. now as far as baits there's a lot of crap out there, like the lazerlures, tried it, rip off! and I'd rather fish with a humdinger spinnerbait then with a $8 terminator spinnerbait any day. and I've caught more bass on a texas rigged plastic 3in grub and brushhogs then any other bait.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:40 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

If y'alls rods is a breaking, y'all needa set da drag a little lighter.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 762

Don't bash them just find another person to build you one