SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

I get what you are saying math geek, I do. And its a good point, but look who you are talking to. This isn't a literary or a scholar forum. It's a hunting and fishing forum. We talk here like we are at the camp with the guys. We have only a handful of legitimate controversial discussions here, the most recent one you have been able to participate in. The rest is mostly bs people talk to get through the work day. You forget, some of us live in the same neighborhoods as the swamp people. How is that for perspective?
Old 06-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Easy Lake Chuck Duck, I live on a paved road and my toes ain't webed......but most of what he says is over my head and not because I am under 4' tall
Old 06-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Swordfish

Not tryin to hate, just tellin him to calm down a little. Untuck the shirt and loosen the tie, get comfortable......relax
Old 06-06-2012, 05:15 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -514

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
I get what you are saying math geek, I do. And its a good point, but look who you are talking to. This isn't a literary or a scholar forum. It's a hunting and fishing forum. We talk here like we are at the camp with the guys. We have only a handful of legitimate controversial discussions here, the most recent one you have been able to participate in. The rest is mostly bs people talk to get through the work day. You forget, some of us live in the same neighborhoods as the swamp people. How is that for perspective?
3c
Good point some believe they are above the law. A big problem here in la.
Jus becouse u are an officer does not make u immune

Good post but the riff raff here do not believe in a community of tolerance and respect. Just the ability to sit back and sa awwwwwww I could have helped but why try.

I agree with ur post and feel it to be ashame that the concept of common decency has gone the way of da tird......it got flushed......awwwwwww.

Carma is a beach
Old 06-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
3c
Good point some believe they are above the law. A big problem here in la.
Jus becouse u are an officer does not make u immune

Good post but the riff raff here do not believe in a community of tolerance and respect. Just the ability to sit back and sa awwwwwww I could have helped but why try.

I agree with ur post and feel it to be ashame that the concept of common decency has gone the way of da tird......it got flushed......awwwwwww.

Carma is a beach

Ratdog has spoken, Listen ya heard. Glad to have you back man. The life of the party!
Old 06-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Isn't this what is happening when discussions degenerate to every post trying to come up with a better insult than the last?

I apologize if my posts have come across poorly. I'm a MathGeek, not a communications expert. I am working on improvement and appreciate input.

I think we can all do a few things to improve:

1. Stop the insults and stop repeating past transgressions of others. These generate all heat and no light.

2. Take the time to patiently explain once again subtle points that may have been missed by new participants.

3. Be quick to overlook offenses and do not ascribe to malice that which may be attributable to more pure motives.

4. Keep the discourse to facts and do not stoop to judging the motives of others.
I apologize, I did not word that post correctly. What I meant to say was, it is obvious you are an academic. I have relatives who are professors at various universities and they over explain things all the time because that is what they are used to doing in academia. I did not mean to come across as insulting you
Old 06-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Swordfish

Neither did I.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

I vote Mathgeek and Ratdog for president, I really think they would be a good team and good mix
Old 06-06-2012, 05:44 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,554

Quote:
Neither did I.
Maybe not, but you had a point. This site was originally made up of a small group of people who shared a common interest of not only hunting and fishing but also having a good time, which in certain instances equates to making fun of/poking jabs at one another. As the site grows I think it becomes increasingly difficult to "poke fun" of friends without others construing it the wrong way which undoubtedly happens.

Which is why EVERBODY needs to come out to the SC Tournament this year so they can get to meet this fine group of___________. (couldn't find the right word)
Old 06-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedatiger View Post
Maybe not, but you had a point. This site was originally made up of a small group of people who shared a common interest of not only hunting and fishing but also having a good time, which in certain instances equates to making fun of/poking jabs at one another. As the site grows I think it becomes increasingly difficult to "poke fun" of friends without others construing it the wrong way which undoubtedly happens.

Which is why EVERBODY needs to come out to the SC Tournament this year so they can get to meet this fine group of___________. (couldn't find the right word)
Here we have it
If u ain't part of da bro hood were u can do as u pleas leaving all comman sence an laws behind.
U are subject to out right disrespect and ........

Bla bla bla again real shame.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:49 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,554

Quote:
Here we have it
If u ain't part of da bro hood were u can do as u pleas leaving all comman sence an laws behind.
U are subject to out right disrespect and ........

Bla bla bla again real shame.
No, I didn't say that, but you can interpret it how you want to.

Good day
Old 06-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedatiger View Post
No, I didn't say that, but you can interpret it how you want to.

Good day
O.k. Jus so u know us who are not bro pro or part of da small group do not consider our selves as friends.
Or might jus b me but why would I want to be friends with mean people.

So poke ur friends not people u don't know cuz u can.
Sho some respect !
Old 06-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
O.k. Jus so u know us who are not bro pro or part of da small group do not consider our selves as friends.
Or might jus b me but why would I want to be friends with mean people.

So poke ur friends not people u don't know cuz u can.
Sho some respect !
I haven't met a single person on this site that anybody would consider mean. I think you may just be a little too sensitive there buddy. Yes the site is for information on fishing and hunting but is also to have fun.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,040

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPfishnTIM View Post
I can agree, overcoming pride and prejudice on the internet, doesn't happen easily! the facts are anyone can write just about anything without real consequences of there actions. I think people really do show some of there character on the internet, which in real life people may never question there integrity.
Well said Tim
Like I tell my students and players all the time .....
"character = what you do and how you act when no one is looking"
Old 06-06-2012, 06:30 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Not tryin to hate, just tellin him to calm down a little. Untuck the shirt and loosen the tie, get comfortable......relax
I think he is mainly refering to serious posts that require facts and not a whole pile of arm chair biologists. Like the lengthy discussion on trout limits. Not the everyday BS posts.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
I haven't met a single person on this site that anybody would consider mean. I think you may just be a little too sensitive there buddy. Yes the site is for information on fishing and hunting but is also to have fun.
Sorry man but I consider bullying a mean thing to do.
An I met one person here in da flesh an I don't see him posting crap or calling names to people that ant in the in crowd.

And yes this is a bully sight.

Granted some are nice berry nice but whomever I am talking about seem to take great joy in beaing mean.

Case in point who whoud start a thread with my tag an put a crying face tag.

Or give crap to a guy trieing to help fix the problem this sight has with non productive babble designed jus to hurt .

I guess I'm done been back few hrs an bean reassured in what has happend before will happen again due to lack of learning from mistakes.

It's doomed.

My best outlook for this thing.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,196

Enough of the negativity, 4,000 members were added this year and you all still keep coming back, why? Because this the best outdoors site on the net period and it has something for everybody. We can become perfectly pc but then we would loose sight of our idenitity and be like everyone else. Respect each other and everyone is fine. Having thick skin would help, as Meaux said I have also not yet met a mean person from this site, just the opposite actually.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
Enough of the negativity, 4,000 members were added this year and you all still keep coming back, why? Because this the best outdoors site on the net period and it has something for everybody. We can become perfectly pc but then we would loose sight of our idenitity and be like everyone else. Respect each other and everyone is fine. Having thick skin would help, as Meaux said I have also not yet met a mean person from this site, just the opposite actually.
Nope I got a pm notice.
Went check it an saw what I saw.
Sorry it's the truth as I see it .
Pull ref in pm for those who need it.
Not them trying to fix it unless u in the little group too.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,196

Quote:
Nope I got a pm notice.
Went check it an saw what I saw.
Sorry it's the truth as I see it .
Pull ref in pm for those who need it.
Not them trying to fix it unless u in the little group too.
You are entitled to your opinion and most people including me wanted to see you come back. That being said put the past behind you and be positive about being here. Negative people are a cancer that will kill any organization. Come back and be positive about being here or it is probably best that we part ways which I would hate because you are a likable guy. Again, welcome back.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
You are entitled to your opinion and most people including me wanted to see you come back. That being said put the past behind you and be positive about being here. Negative people are a cancer that will kill any organization. Come back and be positive about being here or it is probably best that we part ways which I would hate because you are a likable guy. Again, welcome back.
Yes I agree but why allow your bro hood to continue as u do

Really man what am I suppose to think whin I see threads with my name an cry tags. Or the past as u put it were premium is paid for me so I can be bashed by da bros in da special click .

U tell me .....looks real bad to me.

An any clondike can act civil as we all should but u got problems with friends which can cause imbaris ment if u not carfule.