SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
One speeding ticket won't make your insurance go up and a seatbelt ticket is $25, non-moving. Now, if you want a 100% sure way of getting a nasty note attached to the ticket for the DA's office to read, make sure you do exactly like "W" said and let me know how that works for you!! Believe nothing he said - cause it will only cause you grief in the long run!
But, but, W knows everything! He's the king of big lake, investing, freeboard, football and state laws!

Your best bet has already been mentioned...Call em and ask to pay the fine but keep it off your record. It has worked for me on several occasions. Whatever you do, don't let your mouth and emotions override your better senses. You will lose. Period.

FinFeatherFur is an officer and so is my brother. They'd both agree about someone getting smart with them, on the street or, in court. That DA will stand by his men/women.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:26 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 562

Lol well I guess it was a long shot! I was nervous that he might search the truck, had both my ar and pistol in the trick!
Old 12-03-2012, 03:26 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
One speeding ticket won't make your insurance go up and a seatbelt ticket is $25, non-moving. Now, if you want a 100% sure way of getting a nasty note attached to the ticket for the DA's office to read, make sure you do exactly like "W" said and let me know how that works for you!! Believe nothing he said - cause it will only cause you grief in the long run!
X10!!! Don't be a smart azz to a police officer. As usual "W" is wrong.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_baker9418 View Post
Lol well I guess it was a long shot! I was nervous that he might search the truck, had both my ar and pistol in the trick!
whats wrong with that?
Old 12-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Sand Trout

I really don't understand the law with transporting pistols. With me being a just 18 and the law being unclear, I don't really want to get fined or taken away. From my research and what I have heard, I may need a ccw permit, but I'm not 21. But I also heard that if it is not in reach and in the back, it is alright!
Old 12-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
Unless you know someone in the DA office that can fix it, just pay the fine. You could however put in a request to the DA office to reduce it to a non-moving violation. The fine would likely be the same but it won't go on record in a way to increase insurance.

this normally helps, dont count on it though. They will help if this is a 1st offense
Old 12-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
I really don't understand the law with transporting pistols. With me being a just 18 and the law being unclear, I don't really want to get fined or taken away. From my research and what I have heard, I may need a ccw permit, but I'm not 21. But I also heard that if it is not in reach and in the back, it is alright!

I'm not 100% positive but I'm fairly certain that your vehicle is an extention of your home and you can carry your weapon with you anywheres in the state.

2 rules when approached by a LEO act civil and say little.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,322

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
I'm not 100% positive but I'm fairly certain that your vehicle is an extention of your home and you can carry your weapon with you anywheres in the state.

2 rules when approached by a LEO act civil and say little.
Correct.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:30 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Quote:
Don't ever be afraid of having your legally owned firearms in your legally owned vehicle. It is your 2nd ammendment right and officers will not hassle you for having legal guns. Now, if your a convicted felon slinging dope - shame on you! But if you are here on SC and amoung the crowd of hard working Americans looking to blow off some steam and play on the internet in between hunting and fishing - you have nothing to worry about! PERIOD! So don't ever be "afraid" of having your guns!!!!

Officers don't just search vehicles. Usually we have tell tale signs that point us that way. Just relax, be cordial and answer the officers questions. As far as the video thing you stated the lack of it because he was on a motorcycle - most wear body cameras now. FYI- "MOTORS" refers to motorcylce officers and most cities that have them work a specific division, which is "traffic". They do not respond to run of the mill calls such as a disturbance or shoplifiting. They are out there to enforce "traffic" laws, thus he is paid to enforce what he sees. How many times has he been to court in front of Judge ABC where someone said "I wasn't speeding"? - Hundreds of times! - Were you speeding? - Don't know, I wasn't there. Will you win in court? - "NO".
Old 12-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

I've have a feeling that we have a new Iron Man on the site. I guess we shall see lol.

By the way Baker, to you know Chuck Norris?
Old 12-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,454

One time I was driving back from Lake Arthur to Lake Charles... I had a class a McNeese about 2 hours from the time I left and I was living in Sulphur at the time so I decided to take the scenic route on Hwy 14. I was just driving along in my truck with the cruise set at about 50 and I got pulled over by a State Trooper.

He only asked for my license, registration, and insurance card... I asked what he pulled me over for and he said I was doing 69mph in a 55mph zone. The only thing I asked him if he was sure it was my truck? He was very short with me and just wrote me a ticket. I dont know what he was smoking that day but I know he didnt clock me going that fast. I didnt argue with him and just took the ticket and got it fixed.

Moral of the story... Sometimes cops get it wrong... do what you can to get it fixed or pay the fine if you feel you were guilty... follow the advice of some of the guys on here about keeping it off your record... thats the real expense.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Redfish

Cash: 809

FYI, if you refuse to sign the ticket, that is a 100% guarantee to get arrested....Sure fire way...You cannot refuse to sign the ticket...Not an admission of guilt, only a promise to appear in court and face your charges...If you wait until the trial date and talk to the DA prior to your trial, you can ask him to work with you and have it reduced to non-moving violation to keep off your record. You certainly don't have to discuss anything with the officer regarding your violation and you can do so nicely...nothing wrong with that, but I definately wouldn't get testy with him, you will never win that one...This is how it plays out! Sir, why are you so irrate over a moving violation. Your irrational behavior leads me to believe that you have committed or about to commit a serious crime and are a danger to yourself or others at this time. Please place your hands on the car and spread your legs and do so now...Even if you are perfectly legal and nothing to worry about....It lengthens your time on the scene and on the back of the summons he will write how you acted or place a reference number on the back to see supplemental report filed which details what a ******wood you were and the DA will definately not accept pre trial motions....Or you could just pay the fine....either way....It's like all things in life...choose wise or "show everyone" and pay the consequences....Most times, your facial expressions and demeanor in the first 20 seconds of the encounter, determine if you getting paper or not....azzez get tickets...sometimes nice people get tickets....just depends...just increase your chances of getting out of it unscathed....sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but it never works to be an azz....just my .02
Old 12-03-2012, 06:05 PM
Sand Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
I've have a feeling that we have a new Iron Man on the site. I guess we shall see lol.

By the way Baker, to you know Chuck Norris?
Not personally!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Sand Trout

Well it's gonna take a week until I find out how the ticket is, probably over $400. I just don't want my insurance to go up, hopefully I can get it to a non moving violation, as some users suggested.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

I've gotten them for 80+ in a 55 and it was $300 something. I did have to appear in court though. Got it reduced to a non moving violation. I had one and a month later for the same speed. But I acted the *** on the side of the road, also told him i didn't have anything else on my record. I was hoping the 1st one wasn't going to show up but it sure did. I drive the speed limit now, I am way to pretty to go to jail.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,200

I got one in Alexandra recently for 75 in a 60. Figured I would just pay it, but received a letter from the DA, paid $150 by money order and don't get another ticket in one years time and nothing goes on your record.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Johnny said he's too pretty to go to jail! LOL!

You really do believe everything your wife tells ya, huh?! LOL!...really, she just wants that check to keep coming! Haha!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

I have been stopped by 6 State Troopers in the last two years for seat belt and not one ticket

4 of them tried that stupid I saw you put it on, to try and get me to bite ! Lmao
I said sure you did 7 cars behind me once I passed you

Seat Belt tickets are easy to get out of if you don't admit guilt

There 1st tactic is you know why I stopped you ? Then say seat belt and try to convince you they know

They do not know !!!!they will not waist a day I'm court to fight a he said she said seat belt ticket

100% flawless
Old 12-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Buck View Post
FYI, if you refuse to sign the ticket, that is a 100% guarantee to get arrested....Sure fire way...You cannot refuse to sign the ticket...Not an admission of guilt, only a promise to appear in court and face your charges...If you wait until the trial date and talk to the DA prior to your trial, you can ask him to work with you and have it reduced to non-moving violation to keep off your record. You certainly don't have to discuss anything with the officer regarding your violation and you can do so nicely...nothing wrong with that, but I definately wouldn't get testy with him, you will never win that one...This is how it plays out! Sir, why are you so irrate over a moving violation. Your irrational behavior leads me to believe that you have committed or about to commit a serious crime and are a danger to yourself or others at this time. Please place your hands on the car and spread your legs and do so now...Even if you are perfectly legal and nothing to worry about....It lengthens your time on the scene and on the back of the summons he will write how you acted or place a reference number on the back to see supplemental report filed which details what a ******wood you were and the DA will definately not accept pre trial motions....Or you could just pay the fine....either way....It's like all things in life...choose wise or "show everyone" and pay the consequences....Most times, your facial expressions and demeanor in the first 20 seconds of the encounter, determine if you getting paper or not....azzez get tickets...sometimes nice people get tickets....just depends...just increase your chances of getting out of it unscathed....sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but it never works to be an azz....just my .02

That is 100% lie ... I have not signed two tickets one speeding and one window tint
He just gave me ticket and said pay or take to court
Old 12-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,733

P.S. They get paid to go to court. Sometimes more than regular time. Im just sayin.