SaltyCajun.com lake Area Marine

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:09 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Clampy- my disagreement with you is not that POS cops are out there, we all know that already. My disagreement is people posting a Youtube video bashing a cop for a situation that they were not involved in. The world's worst is the Associated Press!! Had you been in Phoenix and present when the officer shot and killed this man, your opinion on the subject would be a talking point. And as far as "some cops being douches", would you say we have more cops that are douches, or general public causing grief to society that are douches?
Old 10-16-2013, 09:25 AM
King Mackeral

Here you go from this morning's news!
http://www.katc.com/news/shreveport-...lice-shooting/

I guess the SPD officer should have sacrificed the SFD medic in a bid to disarm the old fart!! Hypoxia from COPD or an asthma attack could have set him off in his combative state without any history of pshyc problems - in the end he is still dead as a door nail and the cop did his job and will be cleared after a few weeks of paid time off.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:27 AM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
Clampy- my disagreement with you is not that POS cops are out there, we all know that already. My disagreement is people posting a Youtube video bashing a cop for a situation that they were not involved in. The world's worst is the Associated Press!! Had you been in Phoenix and present when the officer shot and killed this man, your opinion on the subject would be a talking point. And as far as "some cops being douches", would you say we have more cops that are douches, or general public causing grief to society that are douches?
You are correct. I never really commented on the phoniex situation. Too many holes. They got called for a dude with a gun. So what is he supposed to think. As far as the ratio if it's based numbers alone it's the public fa sho. Now if it's % thing I dunno. Hard to answer that one. I know cops are trained a certain way like if you are threatened by a dog to shoot it. I saw a video of a raid on dudes house and the cops burst in and promptly shoot his YORKIE in front oh his 7 year old girl by the way they found a weed pipe in his house. I mean come on. Kick the dog maybe in that situation ?? Of course I would argue they shouldn't have been there in the first place but that's a whole other can of worms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-16-2013, 09:30 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

my dad is approaching his 20 years in a much larger metropolitan area than anywhere around here. Hell, the area has more total people than this state. He tells me how he is sick and tired of dealing with the bullsh*t at work, how the newer guys are all gung-ho trying to see how many tickets they can write or arrests they can make. He says that the new force is nothing but a high school clique, mostly of people who were picked on or had trouble like that growing up so they want that power aspect.

What REALLY chaps my *** about like charles is the amount of police we have. City, Sheriff, State, Marshall, US Border & Customs, and Game Wardens.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention the police officers in town who go out, get drunk at a brag about being an officer, then casually get in their car and drive home. Sometimes its their patrol car they get to take home.

Don't get me started on speeding, unsignaled lane changes, tailgating, or any other traffic violations I see officers commit simply because they think they are the law.

Sucks that some bad apples ruin the reputation of the whole.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:47 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
my dad is approaching his 20 years in a much larger metropolitan area than anywhere around here. Hell, the area has more total people than this state. He tells me how he is sick and tired of dealing with the bullsh*t at work, how the newer guys are all gung-ho trying to see how many tickets they can write or arrests they can make. He says that the new force is nothing but a high school clique, mostly of people who were picked on or had trouble like that growing up so they want that power aspect.

What REALLY chaps my *** about like charles is the amount of police we have. City, Sheriff, State, Marshall, US Border & Customs, and Game Wardens.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention the police officers in town who go out, get drunk at a brag about being an officer, then casually get in their car and drive home. Sometimes its their patrol car they get to take home.

Don't get me started on speeding, unsignaled lane changes, tailgating, or any other traffic violations I see officers commit simply because they think they are the law.

Sucks that some bad apples ruin the reputation of the whole.
Really dude, you need to go burn a doobie! Your pops had the same thing said about him when he was a rookie 35 years ago, but doesn't realize it.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:49 AM
King Mackeral

LMAO!! I love when people ask me why we drive so fast with no lights on and think we are above the law! My response to a lady at the store the other day -"because we can"!

"If you want the freshest bread, marry a baker. You want the best steak, marry a butcher. Want to drive fast, become a cop"! Oldie, but goodie!!!! And for the record, I got written up the other day for breaking our driving policy - dang new Chargers are faster than the old ones!
Old 10-16-2013, 09:54 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

A friend of mine graduated the academy about a year ago. I asked him what he learned about open carry being legal. He said it was not taught to them. Thats very concerning since I open carry a cocked and locked 1911. Shouldnt open carry laws be need to know information for cops? That is nothing but an accident waiting to happen due to a failure of education on the police departments part.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:56 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
LMAO!! I love when people ask me why we drive so fast with no lights on and think we are above the law! My response to a lady at the store the other day -"because we can"!

"If you want the freshest bread, marry a baker. You want the best steak, marry a butcher. Want to drive fast, become a cop"! Oldie, but goodie!!!! And for the record, I got written up the other day for breaking our driving policy - dang new Chargers are faster than the old ones!
Got one in the shop right now from the PD and, yeah, that thing is a rocket!!!
Old 10-16-2013, 10:25 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 866

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
Got one in the shop right now from the PD and, yeah, that thing is a rocket!!!

Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur
">

well arent you two guys some cool cops!
Old 10-16-2013, 10:27 AM
King Mackeral

well arent you two guys some cool cops! [/QUOTE]
Don't hate!!! LMAO!
Old 10-16-2013, 10:29 AM
King Mackeral

This is a "no-no"!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg speed.jpg (56.6 KB, 99 views)
Old 10-16-2013, 10:30 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

FinFeatherFur,

As i said in my original post i have a very high level of respect for most police officers i have met in my life. I like many have also met a few who were borderline insane.

I didn't post the video as an insult to you or your brother's in blue. I posted it as a question, The question being, Why was there no restraint in this situation.

True someone called 911 and said the guy was parading around with a kid and a gun. (but i can call 911 and complain that my neighbor is shoving live hand grenades up a dog's rear end.... doesn't make it true)

He was unarmed when police arrived, He was not imminently going to hurt the child, a police officer, and or anyone else.

Why in this situation is a "kill" shot the go to solution?

I mean are you telling me i am 1 mental breakdown away from potentially getting killed by a police officer?.... lol dude.. i need to get my doctor to write me a script for some happy pills to keep handy just in case....

And yes i know we were not there and we don't know the whole situation.... but the admitted facts are still the facts... there was no pressing danger to anyone at the scene, why was lethal force the first rather than last option?

For what it's worth, thank you for your service to your community.
I would love to ride along with you anytime. (not because i think i am a badass or anything, but because knowledge helps in many ways)

I have no doubt that you have to walk a fine line, and i am sure that if it was me, I would not be very happy if a bad apple was making me look bad.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:34 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Here you go from this morning's news!
http://www.katc.com/news/shreveport-...lice-shooting/

I guess the SPD officer should have sacrificed the SFD medic in a bid to disarm the old fart!! Hypoxia from COPD or an asthma attack could have set him off in his combative state without any history of pshyc problems - in the end he is still dead as a door nail and the cop did his job and will be cleared after a few weeks of paid time off.
This to me is different... we were not there and do not know how imminent an attack was on either the public or the police officer... the bad guy had a knife and I presume was given the option to put it down. If he refused to comply and / or made a move against the officer / another person...

I have no issue.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:35 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 866

here you go Jims....

Old 10-16-2013, 10:35 AM
King Mackeral

AceArcher. To give you the simple answer - YES, you are jsut one mental breakdown from being killed by a cop.......... if the situation warrants it! Always remember that!! Each and every situation is different. And not being there, how can anyone say what was happening. The media is biased and I hate reporters because they are all doing the same thing - giving the public what they "want" to hear, instead of what they "need" to hear!
Old 10-16-2013, 10:36 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoods17 View Post
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur

well arent you two guys some cool cops!
I'm not a cop but, I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:36 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
A friend of mine graduated the academy about a year ago. I asked him what he learned about open carry being legal. He said it was not taught to them. Thats very concerning since I open carry a cocked and locked 1911. Shouldnt open carry laws be need to know information for cops? That is nothing but an accident waiting to happen due to a failure of education on the police departments part.
Very scary,

What's the accepted best way to inform an officer that you open carry when your involved in a traffic stop etc?
Old 10-16-2013, 10:40 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
Very scary,

What's the accepted best way to inform an officer that you open carry when your involved in a traffic stop etc?
LOL - Try "sir, I have a gun on my side". That usually works just fine.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:41 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
AceArcher. To give you the simple answer - YES, you are jsut one mental breakdown from being killed by a cop.......... if the situation warrants it! Always remember that!! Each and every situation is different. And not being there, how can anyone say what was happening. The media is biased and I hate reporters because they are all doing the same thing - giving the public what they "want" to hear, instead of what they "need" to hear!
I hear you, but i am gonna have to say that if i pose no threat to anyone (ie. i am not armed) (or if i am armed i am willing to comply with the law) then i should not be shot, and if the police officer chooses to shoot first and ask questions later.... he should be hung out to rot after my funeral.

Agreed wholeheartedly about the media. All of it is agenda based. Like i said i value the good work the police does a hell of a lot more the occasional bad.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:43 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
FinFeatherFur,

As i said in my original post i have a very high level of respect for most police officers i have met in my life. I like many have also met a few who were borderline insane.

I didn't post the video as an insult to you or your brother's in blue. I posted it as a question, The question being, Why was there no restraint in this situation.

True someone called 911 and said the guy was parading around with a kid and a gun. (but i can call 911 and complain that my neighbor is shoving live hand grenades up a dog's rear end.... doesn't make it true)

He was unarmed when police arrived, He was not imminently going to hurt the child, a police officer, and or anyone else.

Why in this situation is a "kill" shot the go to solution?

I mean are you telling me i am 1 mental breakdown away from potentially getting killed by a police officer?.... lol dude.. i need to get my doctor to write me a script for some happy pills to keep handy just in case....

And yes i know we were not there and we don't know the whole situation.... but the admitted facts are still the facts... there was no pressing danger to anyone at the scene, why was lethal force the first rather than last option?

For what it's worth, thank you for your service to your community.
I would love to ride along with you anytime. (not because i think i am a badass or anything, but because knowledge helps in many ways)

I have no doubt that you have to walk a fine line, and i am sure that if it was me, I would not be very happy if a bad apple was making me look bad.
For the record - there is no such thing as a "kill" shot. We shoot center mass. End of story. It looks good in the movies when the criminal is running at 40 yards and they throw a round to the platella dropping him for a quick interview about the crime before making him limp off to jail.