SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:01 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
I view cops with very little trust. I respect them and im polite when I have to deal with them but I do not trust them. My feeling would be different if they had to play by the same rules as everyone else.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:04 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgsquatch View Post
LOL, Yup I figured I would pull the old Cali style supercop trick and sit back and drink me a cruelty free fair trade vegan latte while reading a copy of the PETA newsletter until granny gets done with her spaz attack and falls asleep. We get all tactical like that up in here.

Here in the west we take one for the team all the time, but the team is the citizens I defend and protect and proudly answer to as their servant. You must play for some other team I haven't heard of.
The team that shows off how fast their patrol car can do because they're higher than the citizens that pay them. Oh it's just a slap on the wrist to DOUBLE the speed limit of 70 MPH. But if I go 7 over and pass by a cop having a bad day, I'm looking at a ticket and possible hike on my insurance.

BUT IT'S A JOB PERK
Old 10-17-2013, 06:07 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
The team that shows off how fast their patrol car can do because they're higher than the citizens that pay them. Oh it's just a slap on the wrist to DOUBLE the speed limit of 70 MPH. But if I go 7 over and pass by a cop having a bad day, I'm looking at a ticket and possible hike on my insurance.

BUT IT'S A JOB PERK
True that man. The whole "im the law" attitude pisses me off. Granted not all cops are like that but way too many are. Nearly every time I have had to deal with a cop because of my open carry weapon they start telling me what they think. I dont give a F what they think. What they think isnt law.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:09 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
But I veiw everyone in the public with distrust not just cops. Everyone is considered to be a potential threat until proven otherwise. Even cops.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:03 PM
Flounder

Cash: 673

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
But I veiw everyone in the public with distrust not just cops. Everyone is considered to be a potential threat until proven otherwise. Even cops.
^^^ THIS^^^
Old 10-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Flounder

Cash: 597

Quote:

BUT IT'S A JOB PERK

I did the math and 70 over here is a 2800 dollar fine and a felony charge and for me it would be a 95,000 dollar a year fine because I would lose my job. Cali also just passed a law that says if I commit a felony while wearing my badge I lose my pension. I think that is a great law, just want it to apply to politicians as well. And going to help someone is no excuse because us cops don't tend to be a bunch of help if we cream a minivan full of kids on the way.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:00 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgsquatch View Post
I did the math and 70 over here is a 2800 dollar fine and a felony charge and for me it would be a 95,000 dollar a year fine because I would lose my job. Cali also just passed a law that says if I commit a felony while wearing my badge I lose my pension. I think that is a great law, just want it to apply to politicians as well. And going to help someone is no excuse because us cops don't tend to be a bunch of help if we cream a minivan full of kids on the way.
Quite true about the politicians. I have a friend that is 20+ years LE and he will be the first to tell you that cops (no matter how fast they drive) rarely prevent crime. They clean up the mess and try to figure out what happened. Where I live ETA of the police is 5-10 minutes on a good day. By then the sheet has hit the fan big time. Wont even waste my time with 911 until the situation is resovled.