SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:11 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,524

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
electric is pirated off street lights .
Man I'd like/hate to see how those poor people do that out there! Scary.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:19 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Quote:
Still need to kill a Gemsbok and a Zebra . Might try for a white springbok and a black springbok since I've killed a Common Springbok that way ill have all 3 .
Is every animal you killed going to be hanging on the wall at the new house? You have a kill room set up?
Old 01-22-2014, 12:34 PM
Tripletail

Maybe it's just me, but killing a zebra is like killing a horse. Not sure about that one. Maybe I'm just crazy like that.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:50 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampman46 View Post
Maybe it's just me, but killing a zebra is like killing a horse. Not sure about that one. Maybe I'm just crazy like that.

If it is going to be eaten then what's wrong with it? I've had horses my whole life and I would try horse meat without hesitation if I had the opportunity. But like you say, "Maybe I'm just crazy like that."
Old 01-22-2014, 01:07 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Finally got my zebra !! Ill post up pics if I can get them uploaded . My wife also shot a beautiful mountain reedbuck @ 250 yards . I will at least try the zebra meat but it will get eaten
Old 01-22-2014, 01:09 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
If it is going to be eaten then what's wrong with it? I've had horses my whole life and I would try horse meat without hesitation if I had the opportunity. But like you say, "Maybe I'm just crazy like that."
Well...you may have missed my point. Zebra/horse by modern civilization standards is considered a domestic animal. When I think of African safaris and hunting in Africa...I think of water buffalo, rhinos, lions, the "big 5" type species. But Zebra? lol
Old 01-22-2014, 01:11 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
No baboon yet?
Not yet BUT I have been invited to do a impala and springbok cull conservation hunt FROM A HELICOPTER !! And they say I will have the chance to shoot tons of baboon .... And yes I'm I'm mounting a go pro to video the whole thing!
Old 01-22-2014, 01:15 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Not yet BUT I have been invited to do a impala and springbok cull conservation hunt FROM A HELICOPTER !! And they say I will have the chance to shoot tons of baboon .... And yes I'm I'm mounting a go pro to video the whole thing!

That's what's up....... blast away!

Do they eat baboon around them parts?
Old 01-22-2014, 01:18 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,807

Quote:
This should be interesting!!!
Old 01-22-2014, 01:35 PM
Blue Marlin

They say some of the black community will eat baboon but my PH refuses
Old 01-22-2014, 01:37 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Well...you may have missed my point. Zebra/horse by modern civilization standards is considered a domestic animal. When I think of African safaris and hunting in Africa...I think of water buffalo, rhinos, lions, the "big 5" type species. But Zebra? lol
Domesticated animal?? Zebra? Dude I'm out here in the middle of nowhere ain't no domesticated nothing
Old 01-22-2014, 01:46 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

How long you down there for Pox?
Old 01-22-2014, 02:06 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
When is the last time you saw someone riding damn Zebra?? So tell me how a Zebra is domestic ?? And ill wait for the video of the africas working cows / buffalo on Zebra back
Old 01-22-2014, 02:07 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:

Considering zebras domesticated is a bit of a stretch. Have some been trained? Yes, but to say they are domesticated because they resemble a horse is like calling a moutain lion domesticated because it looks like a cat. Hell, I work with a girl from Vietnam whose favorite meat back home is dog! She said they only eat it on special occasions because it's expensive. I've also saw a show on the Food Network where they ate donkey meat in Italy. There was a whole market devoted to just donkeys....... To be honest, I'll eat both of those too! Can't be any worse than what you get at a fast food joint. Anything is good in a gravy if you cook it long enough!

I guess each person has their own idea on what constitutes a safari . I haven't even heard of half the animals Pox and his wife have taken. All I know is if the guide tells me I can shoot it and it's edible, I'm dropping that sucker if my bank account can afford it!
Old 01-22-2014, 02:14 PM
Ling

Cash: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
Considering zebras domesticated is a bit of a stretch. Have some been trained? Yes, but to say they are domesticated because they resemble a horse is like calling a moutain lion domesticated because it looks like a cat. Hell, I work with a girl from Vietnam whose favorite meat back home is dog! She said they only eat it on special occasions because it's expensive. I've also saw a show on the Food Network where they ate donkey meat in Italy. There was a whole market devoted to just donkeys....... To be honest, I'll eat both of those too! Can't be any worse than what you get at a fast food joint. Anything is good in a gravy if you cook it long enough!

I guess each person has their own idea on what constitutes a safari . I haven't even heard of half the animals Pox and his wife have taken. All I know is if the guide tells me I can shoot it and it's edible, I'm dropping that sucker if my bank account can afford it!
I Hear ya on that! VERY VERY unlikely that my bank accout will ever let me afford something like that tho. lol Id like to see a dollar amount on this whole trip pox! Dont take this as im calling you out tho. If you work hard and make good money i dont blame you one bit for spending it having a good time.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:15 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

thats awesome mike
Old 01-22-2014, 02:37 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassYakR View Post
I Hear ya on that! VERY VERY unlikely that my bank accout will ever let me afford something like that tho. lol Id like to see a dollar amount on this whole trip pox! Dont take this as im calling you out tho. If you work hard and make good money i dont blame you one bit for spending it having a good time.
I don't even know what I've spent so far except I know it's more than I originally estimated lol .... So many animals and no will power to let em walk
Old 01-22-2014, 03:06 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

i think i will sell my house, kill a giraffe and live in it as a full body mount.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:06 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

very nice btw!
Old 01-22-2014, 03:37 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,322

So they charge by the animal?