SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-22-2010, 11:16 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Salty........if the vending machines are just being stored and not running [ie. putting out heat], get a small A/C unit.

A 1/2 ton [6000 BTU] should be plenty big enough. Something smaller could keep it cool.....but would need better discription / information. If the vending machines are running.....then I would need more info.

Yes, too big is not good. The unit needs to run long enough to remove the humidity from the air......not just cool the building quickly.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:55 AM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
Salty........if the vending machines are just being stored and not running [ie. putting out heat], get a small A/C unit.

A 1/2 ton [6000 BTU] should be plenty big enough. Something smaller could keep it cool.....but would need better discription / information. If the vending machines are running.....then I would need more info.

Yes, too big is not good. The unit needs to run long enough to remove the humidity from the air......not just cool the building quickly.
Mr. Gerald, the storage is for the products....chips, candy, soda, ice cream, etc. The only heat generated inside the room will come from a commercial freezer. I need a unit with a de-humidifier. Heat is not that important. The A/C is mainly for the candy but the room will have to be dry for the chips, cookies, etc.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Mr. Gerald, the storage is for the products....chips, candy, soda, ice cream, etc. The only heat generated inside the room will come from a commercial freezer. I need a unit with a de-humidifier. Heat is not that important. The A/C is mainly for the candy but the room will have to be dry for the chips, cookies, etc.
With a commercial freezer running......6000 BTU may not be big enough.

If this "storage room" is something you are going to use for a long time, you might consider putting some kind of simple partition to seperate the area where the candy/chips are stored from the freezer. Maybe just hang a tarp....this would help keep the candy area a little cooler than the freezer area. This is assuming the A/C unit is closer to where the candy is stored.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
With a commercial freezer running......6000 BTU may not be big enough.

If this "storage room" is something you are going to use for a long time, you might consider putting some kind of simple partition to seperate the area where the candy/chips are stored from the freezer. Maybe just hang a tarp....this would help keep the candy area a little cooler than the freezer area. This is assuming the A/C unit is closer to where the candy is stored.
I suggested this to my wife in the beginning but "The Boss" said it was not necessary. Now, it's too friggin' late. Good point, tho. Guess I'll just have to see how much exhaust the freezer puts out.