SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:30 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post

CCA constantly works against fishermen against all manner of common sense and fair fisheries management despite having "so-called" fishermen and sportsmen making these decisions so assuming things based on the name something is called is flawed thinking.
I read that article a couple times and never saw CCA in there

http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/fishing...rce-membership

Looks like the voting members represent the shrimp industry and advise/consult with LDWF

Last edited by Duck Butter; 04-03-2015 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:45 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
I read that article a couple times and never saw CCA in there

http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/fishing/louisiana-shrimp-task-force-membership

Looks like the voting members represent the shrimp industry and advise/consult with LDWF

I never said it did, that was only used as a comparative, but while you want to defend them why don't you go here
Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion: Look who is against Science again! - SaltyCajun.com
to the other thread and defend them wanting to go against all the science once again that says it will help the fishery and oppose allowing reds to be kept in federal waters?

but just like CCA, these "task force" industry reps are working to hurt the fishermen to the benefit of the processors profit margins through more regulation, inspections, and fines, all in the slim hope that maybe, just maybe, the feds will love them so much for it that they will go along with higher import tariffs to help the processors and retailers but in the mean time it will hurt the fishermen who catch the shrimp and they were also supposed to be looking out for and protecting them.

Last edited by keakar; 04-03-2015 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:50 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
I never said it did, that was only used as a comparative, but while you want to defend them why don't you go here Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion: Look who is against Science again! - SaltyCajun.com

but just like CCA, these "task force" industry reps are working to hurt the fishermen to the benefit of the processors profit margins through more regulation, inspections, and fines, all in the slim hope that maybe, just maybe, the feds will love them so much for it that they will go along with higher import tariffs to help the processors and retailers but in the mean time it will hurt the fishermen who catch the shrimp and they were also supposed to be looking out for and protecting them.
The task force has several commercial shrimpers and you think they want to hurt thrmselves it was unanimous read it again

I read the other thread also and all I got out if it was that we may be able to keep a red in federal waters which is a good thing IMO. One is better than zero seems the regs would be less restrictive