SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:20 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
For some guys it's trucks that do it for them
Some guys like guns

I just see no value in spending tgat on a truck when I litterally destroy them . Ask southern 151 how many times he's done body work on my truck .... The truck is actually at his shop while we speak lol!!!

Now hunting and fishing ! That's a whole different story . I spend stupid money shooting critters and never think twice about it .

I keep my trucks for a longtime(current is 8 years old)so don't have problems spending good money getting what I want knowing I will have it for a while.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:32 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
toyota is supposed to have a diesel on 2016 models
Trust me, I have been hearing that song and dance for the last 10 yrs, no lie, not bust ur balls, its more of calling wolf to me now. like I said I just went from a Tundra to F350.

In all fairness the only routine maint increase I have encountered are TWO fuel filter every 22K and 12qt oil as apposed to 8. but the Tundra was changed every 5K and the f350 tells me when and it averages 7-8K

I did get a extended bumper to bumper to 120K.

I too keep trucks along time, had the tundra since 2007 when the new and bigger ones came out, until last year, got the F350

IF your interested in the F250, PM me and Ill tell you anything you want between the two
Old 04-07-2015, 09:52 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by youmyboyblue View Post
I keep my trucks for a longtime(current is 8 years old)so don't have problems spending good money getting what I want knowing I will have it for a while.
i hear ya ,i try to run my into the ground as well .... if i dont total em lol
Old 04-07-2015, 11:03 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 565

Toyota Tundra hands down over a Ford.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:29 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,090

You can get an F250 without getting a diesel.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:11 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Every American made vehicle I've ever owned was a bad choice, including trucks.

Every Japanese vehicle I've owned was a good choice. I figure about twice the live span (miles and years) and half the repair costs of the American vehicles.

I prefer SUVs to trucks now, I can use a trailer for the occasional hauling and the SUVs carry more passengers more comfortable and also carry a lot of dry cargo.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:04 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 964

Don't forget the tundras are made in MERICA!!! I'd take a Tundra over an f250 everyday of the week not for engine choices but just for resale and overall longevity and reliability.

Bottom line though is go test drive them both and keep an open mind about what you will be using the truck for on a daily basis. When i moved to the big city from the country I wanted a truck that could fit 5 adults comfortably. As weird as it sounded the choices came down to a dodge megacab diesel or a honda ridgeline. I ended up going with the ridgeline because the ride, price, reliability, features. All pulled me that way. Sure I could have gone dodge megacab but it just was overkill for my needs.
140,000 miles later and I'm still happy with my Ridgeline. Go test drive both and see which one ya like bro. Don't worry about what we all say.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:58 AM
Flounder

Cash: 650

I own a tundra and it has been the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned.

If all you want is the cowhide seats look into katskinz. You can get cowhide without the terrible wood grain.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:11 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455
Default Truck opinion

I had a 2012 F250 and traded it in before it hit 50k miles. Stayed in the shop. My buddy had same exact truck. Same color and everything. Kept telling me I must have got a lemon. Then I see him 3 months later and he's in a GMC Duramax. He said "You were right! That POS F250 left me on the side of the road before 75k miles." The F150s are nice trucks though. Like everyone saying, if you don't have to have a diesel, don't get one. An F250 sure is the best "looking" truck out there but they just can't figure out how to make those diesels run right with all the new EPA regs.

Tundras are nice but they fugly!!
Old 04-08-2015, 07:15 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461
Default Tuff Tundra

Hey man I got one of them Tundras and it's a bad some of a gun, I pull 15k all the time with no problem and average 14mpg towing and 22mpg without 15k trailer. I will challenge any KingRanch in a towing contest cause my Tundra is bad to the bone.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:20 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Stealth View Post
. I will challenge any KingRanch in a towing contest cause my Tundra is bad to the bone.

hahahaha you made me spite out my coffee!!
Old 04-08-2015, 07:42 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Hey man I got one of them Tundras and it's a bad some of a gun, I pull 15k all the time with no problem and average 14mpg towing and 22mpg without 15k trailer. I will challenge any KingRanch in a towing contest cause my Tundra is bad to the bone.

Lol, average 14mpg hauling 15k? I think the computer is misleading you...
Old 04-08-2015, 07:45 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,152

Thanks for the input, guys.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:48 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461
Default Super Tuff Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Lol, average 14mpg hauling 15k? I think the computer is misleading you...
Well I admit the fuel efficiency is better when I set the computer to kilometers; I think it adjust the engine timing or something but it "feels" stronger.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:50 AM
Redfish

Cash: 692

Right now I have an 09 Tacoma. 120k miles and I'm not getting another vehicle until 2019. Runs strong and tows great. When it does come time I'll be getting a tundra.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:51 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 964

Don't forget the new titan xd diesel too
It's not bad looking and has one of those midsize diesel engines in it. kind of like the dodge diesel 1500
Old 04-08-2015, 08:11 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
For some guys it's trucks that do it for them
Some guys like guns

I just see no value in spending tgat on a truck when I litterally destroy them . Ask southern 151 how many times he's done body work on my truck .... The truck is actually at his shop while we speak lol!!!

Now hunting and fishing ! That's a whole different story . I spend stupid money shooting critters and never think twice about it .
I'm Southern151 and, I approve this message.

That truck is friggin' nasty and, yes, I think he has deliberately destroyed this truck!
Old 04-08-2015, 09:29 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Well I admit the fuel efficiency is better when I set the computer to kilometers; I think it adjust the engine timing or something but it "feels" stronger.

Lol
Old 04-08-2015, 10:03 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumfisherman View Post
If u want to haul a big load get the Ford.

If u want to swallow a big load get the Toyota.

What ya need to get ya is one of these Chevy Silveraydos

https://youtu.be/UfHtcUZXljw
Old 04-08-2015, 10:40 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
; I think it adjust the engine timing or something but it "feels" stronger.
Some cars use a device that can advance the valve timing. This does not keep the valves open longer; instead, it opens them later and closes them later. This is done by rotating the camshaft ahead a few degrees. If the intake valves normally open at 10 degrees before top dead center (TDC) and close at 190 degrees after TDC, the total duration is 200 degrees. The opening and closing times can be shifted using a mechanism that rotates the cam ahead a little as it spins. So the valve might open at 10 degrees after TDC and close at 210 degrees after TDC. Closing the valve 20 degrees later is good, but it would be better to be able to increase the duration that the intake valve is open

Several engine manufacturers are experimenting with systems that would allow infinite variability in valve timing. For example, imagine that each valve had a solenoid on it that could open and close the valve using computer control rather than relying on a camshaft. With this type of system, you would get maximum engine performance at every RPM. Something to look forward to in the future...

The Tundra uses a Double Overhead Cams (DOHC), a 32-valve head design and Dual Independent Variable Valve Timing.

Overhead camshaft (OHC) valvetrain configurations place the camshaft within the cylinder heads, above the combustion chambers, and drive the valves or lifters directly instead of using pushrods. When compared directly with pushrod (or OHV) systems with the same number of valves, the reciprocating components of the OHC system are fewer and in total will have less mass. Though the structures that support the system may become more complex, most engine manufacturers easily accept the added complexity in trade for better engine performance and greater design flexibility. The OHC system can be driven using the same methods as an OHV system, these methods may include using a timing belt, chain, or in less common cases, gears.
Many OHC engines today employ Variable Valve Timing and multiple valves to improve efficiency and power. OHC also inherently allows for greater engine speeds over comparable cam-in-block designs.

Quote:
Well I admit the fuel efficiency is better when I set the computer to kilometers.