SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 06-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

The whole key to rice field hunting especially during the 2nd split when the teal kind of clear out is Weather Fronts....especially the ones that kind of stall for like a 1/2 day or more. One thing with rice fields, you can hunt one day and not fire a shot, and the next with a front moving thru shoot 3-4 limits of birds even in the afternoon.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
My buddies and I have a 320 acre lease and a camp in pecan island. Camp for the season runs us about $1600 and lease about $5000. We got 5 of us and split it 5 ways so its not bad. Good to try and get a few buddies together to help out with costs of everything even building blinds, go-devils, decoys, mojos, etc.

Rice field blinds are not bad, it is just hard to find one available that is worth a crap. If someone isn't getting it back or you don't have the inside track on who to see/talk to, it usually isn't good.
X100.....
Old 06-14-2011, 01:45 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
Hi David
Helloorrr
Old 06-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

i have a lease near port barre, louisiana and i pay 350 a year and kill limits everytime i go i am allowed to get 3 members in this year....337-247-0573 brad better be quick i can give the number to the land leaser and have you set up within minutes
Old 06-22-2011, 02:05 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgizzle View Post
i have a lease near port barre, louisiana and i pay 350 a year and kill limits everytime i go i am allowed to get 3 members in this year....337-247-0573 brad better be quick i can give the number to the land leaser and have you set up within minutes
Where? Off OG track? How does it work? Can u hunt as much as u want or what? I'm interested if it's only $350.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
Where? Off OG track? How does it work? Can u hunt as much as u want or what? I'm interested if it's only $350.
X2
Old 06-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

X3!!!!!
Old 06-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,468

Gerrard Park!
Old 06-22-2011, 04:28 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,550

Quote:
Originally Posted by evidrine View Post
Gerrard Park!
ha! Had a buddies friends living by gerrard got so desperate for food because of being broke...they ate a couple of ducks from gerrard park to survive...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 06-22-2011, 04:33 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 663

pro drive and wax lake, free and we kill more birds than I ever have in a rice field. Hunted there my whole life, always do good. Kind of a long drive and boat ride but we used to camp at the camp ground before we got the houseboat. I have hunted in Kaplan quite a bit and have really only killed teal. I have had some good hunts in ville platte. Done well in the basin in mud cove but alot of the land that used to be public are now being leased.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:36 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,468

Duck hunting is something i've never done. Every year I say i'm going to try to get into it but never get the chance. Wouldnt know where to start to be honest.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 672

try lake martin if he wants to go for woodducks dont need no lease there. also in henderson too plenty of ducks there during winter. buddy of mine has a house boat out there and he says he does pretty good in herderson. those two places doesnt need a lease if he can find himself a good spot to hide and throw out some decoys around him can land him some ducks.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:47 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
ha! Had a buddies friends living by gerrard got so desperate for food because of being broke...they ate a couple of ducks from gerrard park to survive...
Old 06-22-2011, 04:47 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingonewild View Post
try lake martin if he wants to go for woodducks dont need no lease there. also in henderson too plenty of ducks there during winter. buddy of mine has a house boat out there and he says he does pretty good in herderson. those two places doesnt need a lease if he can find himself a good spot to hide and throw out some decoys around him can land him some ducks.
I know some guys that did very well in Henderson this past year.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTshrimp View Post
pro drive and wax lake, free and we kill more birds than I ever have in a rice field. Hunted there my whole life, always do good. Kind of a long drive and boat ride but we used to camp at the camp ground before we got the houseboat. I have hunted in Kaplan quite a bit and have really only killed teal. I have had some good hunts in ville platte. Done well in the basin in mud cove but alot of the land that used to be public are now being leased.
Slammed the ducks at the Wax in college. TOUGH huntin! Almost have to have a pro-drive. Haven't been back in a few years. I know some guys that smash em every year out there though. Just gotta watch the tides. I have walked back to my boat after a hunt and the water didnt start till about 50 yards behind my boat.