SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 11-26-2012, 09:18 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,571

Duck and oyster gumbo! Its da bomb!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:30 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin_Cajun View Post
Smoked Duck and oyster gumbo! Its da bomb!

Fixed it for you
Old 11-26-2012, 09:38 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Why you eatin "Farts"?
Pot roast with Jimmy Dean sausage stuffing and atleast a 12 pak to finish them. Grilled with 5 days soak in Dales Seasoning cooked med rare. If you don't like either of these you must be a Muslim.
old habit
Old 11-26-2012, 10:16 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 659
Default Breakfast Sauage

I take 1 pound of duck breast 1 pound of deer meat or boston butt 1/2 pound of bacon and grind it all up and take the breakfast sausage seasoning you find at Academy (double the amount it says to use) and make Breakfast Sauasge
Old 11-26-2012, 01:47 PM
Flounder

Cash: 688
Default Roasted

brine and wine soak, deboned, stuffed with deer sausage, onions, seasoning, wrapped bacon and roasted. Awesome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg roast game.jpg (54.6 KB, 125 views)
Old 11-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

What not to do! I tried this frangelica liquor recipe that I got from youtube. Mash up goose breast with a tenderizer.....batter the whole mess in flour and corn meal. Fry them. Take them out and do something else that I can't remember. Fry them again while adding a buttload of Frangelica.

I ate them and puked until my stomach was lodged in my throat. I'm talking sick as a dog ya'll. I now have a severe aversion to frangelica. I get nautious when I smell that stuff. I wasn't right for a week.

What works? Slow cookers and ducks work together like cheese and wine. Stuff the waterfowl with Tasso, onions and sausage. Fill the slow cooker with Bell peppers, Carrots, Celery and potatoes. Put a few pieces of bacon on top of the waterfowl. Cook it into submission, usually about 7-9 hours.....Money!

Marinate breasts in Italian dressing for about 4 days. Slit breasts and stuff with Jalapenos/Onions/Bell peppers. Big dollop of Cream cheese/Pepperjack cheese. Wrap a piece of bacon around each breast, 2 if your brave. 475-500 degrees for 20 minutes gives you a medium rare breast. No/very little liver taste.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,414

When I want to get fancy I do a Galentine. This one was stuffed with jalapeno cornbread and garlic deer sausage and wrapped with Wrights slab bacon. The old glory mustard greens topped it off. I smoked it with hickory in an oiless turkey fryer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg galentinecopy.jpg (105.3 KB, 84 views)
Old 11-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 612

I haven't tried it yet, But i have read about Dry aging your fowl. Basically let them sit in the refrigerator for about 5-7 days in an elevated pan to allow the blood to drip out of the meat. I enjoy the wild taste of duck, but my wife does not. I will get around to doing it one day.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:59 AM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,832

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXXis85 View Post
I haven't tried it yet, But i have read about Dry aging your fowl. Basically let them sit in the refrigerator for about 5-7 days in an elevated pan to allow the blood to drip out of the meat. I enjoy the wild taste of duck, but my wife does not. I will get around to doing it one day.
I have heard of this also but never tried it either. Can't be any different than hanging a deer in a cooler for a week. That meat is so much better than meat that was in an ice chest.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:14 AM
Sand Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
I have heard of this also but never tried it either. Can't be any different than hanging a deer in a cooler for a week. That meat is so much better than meat that was in an ice chest.
Yep, same concept.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:26 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXXis85 View Post

Look into but I think you need low humidity and a slight air flow, may have to put a small battery operated fan in the fridge.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:32 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

I picked a speck and stuffed it with boudin, season a little and baked and it was awesome. Last night at work I cut up the breast meat on 3 specks and fried it like chicken nuggets. It didn't last long. Oh yea. Both of these birds were LESS than 12 hours from flying to bein eaten. If you gotta soak birds for 3 weeks before you can stand to eat them, why eat them?
Old 11-30-2012, 11:54 AM
Sand Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcnabb View Post
I picked a speck and stuffed it with boudin, season a little and baked and it was awesome. Last night at work I cut up the breast meat on 3 specks and fried it like chicken nuggets. It didn't last long. Oh yea. Both of these birds were LESS than 12 hours from flying to bein eaten. If you gotta soak birds for 3 weeks before you can stand to eat them, why eat them?
I eat them as is. The wife on the other hand.... I want to try the aging once.