SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 09-15-2009, 08:44 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I cant throw a cast net to save my life

U need a REAL man to show u how to throw one ??? They dont make them in 1' nets.... i'll bring u a high chair so u can throw a 6 foorter.... poor little munchikin !!!!
Old 09-15-2009, 08:45 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
It took me a few seconds to figger out *** a taco was, until I thought about what a
cast net looks like when I chunk one...
Bait has to figure out how to get into the net.

RAY... bruh.... u should know what a taco was.... you throw a cast net like u used to work at taco bell bruh.... i had to show u how to throw circles... they make the stupid-proof nets.. ya know with the ring already attached... might have to shuck out a few bucks and get u and W one..... it won't cost much for W's though....not that much material to make a 1 footer....
Old 09-15-2009, 09:04 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 946

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
i know a lot of freshwater came down with this rain, prien lake rose a couple feet higher than usual, before the rain they were catching trout all the way up to the barrier.
Agree alot of rain fell, BUT on thursday before the rain fell the lake was way up, i had to raise my boat in the slip to keep it from floating off! The hight tides pushed a ton of salt water in, but now there has to be a ton of fresh water heading south also, i'm going to head out this afternoon to check it out.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Salinity is still holding good at I-10.......... 12 to 14 now, would expect this to start dropping by morning.

Water level looks to be ~ above 1 foot above normal at I-10..... according to the Computer readings.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,644

I see the chance of rain forecast going up by Friday from 10% to 30%. I wish it would hold off. I'm worried about clarity and too much fresh water. High water might also scatter the fish.

Regarding color, for early in the morning, what ya'll think about black/chartuese vs. glow/chartreuse?

I just bought a selection of those Brown's lures, devil eyes and no-eyes. Anybody try those with any success. The one's with the eyes are some kind of ugly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 1193192732360-357871426.jpeg (6.0 KB, 42 views)
Old 09-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

I have used both the ones with eyes and without. They do well. I think the one with the eyes do better, but I never used them both on the same day.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:19 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Ray COME ON MAN.........I have not had one day to fish this hitch off and tomorrow was my only chance!!! WHAM 15-20mph winds!!!! That just aint right
Old 09-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Great White

I have too much to do tomorrow, but me and Gerald will be hittin' da lake Thursday.
I ain't skeert of no weather. Unless it is lightening.

Gerald, get ready for a bumpy ride. You remember the last time we fished the same day??? My luck ain't changing...
Old 09-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Sailfish

Bumpy I can handle......rainy....don't like it.....but been there, done that too.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by catch.and.filet View Post
I see the chance of rain forecast going up by Friday from 10% to 30%. I wish it would hold off. I'm worried about clarity and too much fresh water. High water might also scatter the fish.

Regarding color, for early in the morning, what ya'll think about black/chartuese vs. glow/chartreuse?

I just bought a selection of those Brown's lures, devil eyes and no-eyes. Anybody try those with any success. The one's with the eyes are some kind of ugly.
I was looking at those big eyed bait in Acadamy a few days ago. Did not get any. While looking the fishing bait, a young employee asked if I needed any help. I found out that this was his first day working there.

I had just finished looking at the Norton Sand Ells on display. Ever since this past spring, I look to see if they have any of Glow/Chart Jr's for sale. I have about conluded that they don't ever order that bait. In the last 9 times I have been in the Lake Charles store....they have not had any.

Back to the employee...... I told him this same information, and told him he could make "points" with the boss it he would tell him about the Sand Ells and get them to stock some.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:50 AM
Great White

Gerald, I have both. You can try both and see for yourself. I will holler at you in a little while.