SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 12-01-2014, 09:44 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488
Default Down in the DU

It's been what seems like forever since I got a chance to post about a trip, because it seems I haven't been able to get any fishing done. The wife and I decided to skip opening weekend of deer season in MS and avoid the crowds at the lease, so we headed to Dularge after Thanksgiving meals, arriving at dark Thursday night. Friday found stiff winds and cold temps, so I hit a close deadend canal after sleeping late. We caught specks, reds, and bass - but it was not a stellar trip by any means. On Friday, the warmer weather sent me to the lake, figuring the trout would be on the flats and man were they! Had my dad on board that day which was a treat since we rarely get to fish together anymore, always running our own boats with friends/family on board. We arrived in Lake Decade a little later than I wanted to since the princess is not a morning person. Caught steady from the time we got to one of my spots for about an hour, then went in for lunch and a nap. Back to the same spot in the afternoon, and it was on again. Catching nice specks with occassional redfish on swim baits and Matrix shad tight lined real slow. Decided to make a Sunday morning short trip, and it was just the wife and I yesterday, getting a little better start. Arrived to find the trout already waiting on us again and began filling the box. Began noticing about 9:30 the bite slowed and was able to see fish up close to the surface in the slick/clear water hitting baitfish. Switched to a Mirrodine and finished the slam of nice trout and 2 reds, back at the camp for 11:00. Really nice to be on the water, everyone gave other boats some space, but of course had one guy just couldn't help himself and cranked up his motor right where we are fishing, even though he has a nice trolling motor on the front deck! - Be courteous and troll out of the area while people are fishing! GEEZ!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dularge1.jpg (70.4 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg Dularge2.jpg (74.8 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg Dularge3.jpg (35.9 KB, 122 views)