SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-30-2012, 12:31 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 9,671

We limited 2 days in a row last week all pink skitters but beach looks nasty now
Old 07-01-2012, 12:17 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 672

Yea ur right jadams the beach was nasty cuz we went out there today and a storm caught us off guard so we went to Rutherford beach all day and went back to the rocks a little past holly beach where there a crab boat Sunk in the sand halfway the tide dropped down so fast and waves were tearing up the rocks it was nasty water end up with no fish at all but st least the family enjoyed being on the beach
Old 07-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Flounder

Cash: 661

FGW, thats what its all about, having a good time. Last time me and my boys were down there, it was rough and nothing biting. Ran to the Bayou and the boys filled up the igloo with crabs while I fished the edge of the marsh. Thats what I love about down there, you can always find something no matter the conditions.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Tripletail

yea i hear ya crawdaddct, looking forward to go back in august cux for sure this month im booked every weekend to go out of town with family for vacation and etc but im looking forward to the fall fishing, shrimping, and crabbing all along the coast from v-bay to little fla which is past holly beach.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:22 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 9,560

FGW, was there anyone catching out there Saturday mornin? We had considered going but went try the Cameron jetties instead, zero luck there... Im ready for good beach conditions to roll back around.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,188

Fellas
i don t know anything about this cept what i saw on the news the other nite and
i hate to be negative
but they said something about pollution on la beaches and named several..i saw lil fla and others around cameron parish...i don t fish there but i fish the lake..prolly got probs in lake if probs out there.
.just sayin??
..anyone know anything about this??
Old 07-05-2012, 11:19 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 9,671

It's talking bout trash on beaches not water pollution. Yea Cameron parish has nasty beaches
Old 07-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

This advisory is nothing new. Almost every summer they find the same pollution along the beaches in the SW part of the state.

I look at it like when I go hunting. Will I see any snakes....probably. Will it be poisonous.....maybe! Will I get bitten......probably not. So I still go hunting and fishing.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likeuhboss View Post
FGW, was there anyone catching out there Saturday mornin? We had considered going but went try the Cameron jetties instead, zero luck there... Im ready for good beach conditions to roll back around.

likeuhboss when i went the water was all messy and low tide was going out tha afternoon on saturday so im just gonna wait until we get some north wind back down there again and also yea i have watched the news talking abt the beaches being trashy and the water being conmantied so wha can we do abt it. nothing we either dont go fish there anymore or keep going fishing there... ill be back down there again whenever the north winds comes back ...
Old 07-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Flounder

Cash: 744

I was down on the beach July 1, fishing right where the rocks started. Wind was horrible. Beach was dirty as usual. Water wasnt exactly chocolate milk, but may as well have been. Saw several dead drum laying on the beach. I think the reports of beach contamination was from animal feces. Seems like someone told me that. From what I understand its pretty much an annual thing. Didnt catch a thing. Not even a hardhead. Had one good bite on a Chart. Gulp swim mullet, but missed.

Moved to the jetty park and didnt catch anything there either. One guy was catching hardheads pretty regular and another was pulling in some pretty big catfish. Didnt get close enough to tell whether they were hardhead or gaftop. Saw a few dead redfish floating around.

Im just gonna have to wait on the elusive north wind before I go back.