SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Old 08-14-2011, 03:37 AM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913
Default pigeon

I fished bayou pigeon this a.m. caught a few bass, in some canals with moving water, the light wind helped too this morning, the action in grand lake is picking up too. Right now the water is the right level to be catching fish, but as usual fishing in the spillway is never the same from one week to the next.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:34 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,022

I agree the spillway a primo time right now.
Working on getting my new Dodge Ram setup, so once I get tow hitch I will make a few afternoon trips there.

One question from Bayou Piegon how to you get to Grand Lake?

I tried going up at mouth of either big or little piegon two weeks ago and water looked shallow. Is there a canal further down?
Old 08-14-2011, 06:03 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsch1 View Post
I agree the spillway a primo time right now.
Working on getting my new Dodge Ram setup, so once I get tow hitch I will make a few afternoon trips there.

One question from Bayou Piegon how to you get to Grand Lake?

I tried going up at mouth of either big or little piegon two weeks ago and water looked shallow. Is there a canal further down?
I use a gps, I know lil pigeon and big pigeon will get you there, I have a difficult time remembering the different landmarks since the fire tower is gone and the little blue camp, I don't spend enough time over there, not being able to keep fish sucks too, but since the pearl has had a fish kill, I don't know where I'll be fishing more often now, I'll probably start fishing delacroix and hopedale soon.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:14 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,022

Man pearl river had a fish kill?
That sucks I like fishing the marsh south of hwy90 it was a good area go catch some bass.

I agree about spillway I would like to keep some everyonce in awhile like in late 1980's early 1990's before Andrew.
I fished spillway the evening before Andrew hit I caught some of largest bass I ever caught in spillway. I think the pressure made the turn on.

Delicroix I learned from my roomate in college. Use to have a key to launch closer to chalmette. Nice area with alot of grass in early 1990's. Seems like coming back.