SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-25-2016, 12:06 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,326

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
No need to get so butthurt. I don't think being organized is a bad idea and I don't think anyone else does either. The thing is how does it get done and who foots the bill? People spent their own time and money to go help even though I'm sure some of them had a flooded house too. Training and organization will cost money. Yeah it may not have been perfect but it worked and people are alive because of it. After all of the training even first responders get in trouble and need to be rescued themselves.

Not butthurt I'm just wasn't going to sit here and get in a pissing match with ckinchen.... I know my job and I know what certain situations require and could possibly run better. The force I mentioned way back would be volunteer. Training could be done through a volunteer instructor. Red Cross has given health and safety classes for years through volunteer instructors. And like I believe you said earlier you were in a VFD. Well who did y'alls in house training? I'm going to assume it was a member who was not getting paid.
I also didn't say everyone had to go through an 80hr water rescue tech class and revert every year. All I was suggesting is adding a little familiarization with the organization and communication systems and they can work together. That is what the National Incident Management System is set up for. Multi jurisdictional multi hazard response. Everyone working together.
Did I every say what happens shouldn't have and ppl should have suffered? No I did not. I think this could serve as a big wake up to the state. Katrina should have been that wake up but that's neither here nor there. The state should help develop the organization through the GOHSEP office.
Like jchief stated earlier without organization comes chaos and with chaos undue danger. And this is coming from people who don't do it just every once in awhile but happens on a smaller scale many times that don't get the coverage.
Ckinchen posted that the navy should run around scooping up who you can see and leave the search grip to the FD. Well if that is so effective why were the Louisiana USAR cadaver dogs walking house to house in the aftermath. Now I know even when you are organized some can still get missed but why not give them more of a fighting chance??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2016, 12:29 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcredeur View Post
Not butthurt I'm just wasn't going to sit here and get in a pissing match with ckinchen.... I know my job and I know what certain situations require and could possibly run better. The force I mentioned way back would be volunteer. Training could be done through a volunteer instructor. Red Cross has given health and safety classes for years through volunteer instructors. And like I believe you said earlier you were in a VFD. Well who did y'alls in house training? I'm going to assume it was a member who was not getting paid.
I also didn't say everyone had to go through an 80hr water rescue tech class and revert every year. All I was suggesting is adding a little familiarization with the organization and communication systems and they can work together. That is what the National Incident Management System is set up for. Multi jurisdictional multi hazard response. Everyone working together.
Did I every say what happens shouldn't have and ppl should have suffered? No I did not. I think this could serve as a big wake up to the state. Katrina should have been that wake up but that's neither here nor there. The state should help develop the organization through the GOHSEP office.
Like jchief stated earlier without organization comes chaos and with chaos undue danger. And this is coming from people who don't do it just every once in awhile but happens on a smaller scale many times that don't get the coverage.
Ckinchen posted that the navy should run around scooping up who you can see and leave the search grip to the FD. Well if that is so effective why were the Louisiana USAR cadaver dogs walking house to house in the aftermath. Now I know even when you are organized some can still get missed but why not give them more of a fighting chance??

Pissing contests is what we do around here when we get bored.lol
Even with training when you deal with a disaster of this scale there will be chaos and death. People will die. Mostly through their own stupidity. CHAOS. Chief Has Arrived On Scene. There is no perfect solution. What was done worked. Period. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me about a situation were someone was worse off because of a bunch of untrained people with boats that showed up to help.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:36 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,321

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Pissing contests is what we do around here when we get bored.lol
Even with training when you deal with a disaster of this scale there will be chaos and death. People will die. Mostly through their own stupidity. CHAOS. Chief Has Arrived On Scene. There is no perfect solution. What was done worked. Period. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me about a situation were someone was worse off because of a bunch of untrained people with boats that showed up to help.
See my post where trained responders were pulled to deal with drunk "responders". This came from some LDWF officers that were the ones that had to deal with these drunks.

I know several of the responders in the Cajun Navy, they did awesome work. Not against anyone helping. Just need some "organization" somehow.

I know I said I was done with this, so leave me alone..................PFFFFTTTTT
Old 08-25-2016, 12:41 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,003

Well now i get it. If we have some type of certification paper thingy then we'll never have another drunk dude in a boat during a flood. Sounds like a good thing to spend taxpayer money on to me!

After that we can pass more gun laws, so the shootings will stop then we can make drugs illegal so people will stop doing drugs.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:59 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post
See my post where trained responders were pulled to deal with drunk "responders". This came from some LDWF officers that were the ones that had to deal with these drunks.

I know several of the responders in the Cajun Navy, they did awesome work. Not against anyone helping. Just need some "organization" somehow.

I know I said I was done with this, so leave me alone..................PFFFFTTTTT
I don't debate that. There is always going to be issues. No matter if it's trained professionals or just a bunch of good ole boys. Nothing on that scale works out perfectly.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:00 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by seachaser250 View Post
Well now i get it. If we have some type of certification paper thingy then we'll never have another drunk dude in a boat during a flood. Sounds like a good thing to spend taxpayer money on to me!

After that we can pass more gun laws, so the shootings will stop then we can make drugs illegal so people will stop doing drugs.
Could I say perfection to you sir. You nailed it.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:14 PM
Sailfish

We can end this now. Next time the unorganized untrained people just stay home and care for their own. Let the organized trained people handle it. After that we'll compare the body count.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:45 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,007

As with any decision in life there is a Risk/Reward equation here.

By all means the Reward outweighs the Risk here. If your not part of the solution then you become part of the problem.
Old 08-25-2016, 04:34 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926

Yes there was a few "drunk" people running around. There's nothing anyone can do about that!!
Help all you can till, a command shows up, and be as safe as you can about it till then. Then report to them what/where you been. And let them send you back out,or not.

The Cajun navy saved a lot of people in the first 8-15 hours, and did alot after leo got involved. There needs to be no training or card, its people helping people, till a command is set up then report to them.!!!
Just my .02 having been on both sides of this problem..
Old 08-25-2016, 08:10 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Know a guy in mermantau cove that had a dry house until the trained rescue team showed up. Pulled up on their tax bought side by sides and slung a wake right thru his living room.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:34 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcredeur View Post
Whether it's at my paid department or my volunteer department I want competent people working around me... A level of competence is expected from myself and our crew, I expect it from everyone working around me also. My life could very well be in their hands... You would be surprised at the amount of victims that started out as untrained would be rescuers..

Ok tell me how many people "untrained rescuers" became victims?
Old 08-26-2016, 05:08 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 838

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
Ha did you read that lady was drunk and had just stolen that car. No BS, man he did the world a favor saving her.

Drunk yes! Stolen no! She was having a affair with the owner and he allowed
Her to drive the car. Until the wife saw
The car on national news!!!

Old 08-26-2016, 05:47 AM
Trophy Trout

This may be off subject! I for one do not think their should be a training class or permit.

But on Thursday and Friday when the floods started in the central and Denham areas I grabbed my airboat and gator Trax and headed to central. Because I got a call from a buddy who's family was trapped. When I reached wax road in central.
There was about 10
Boats already helping. Along with WLF, CFD, sherifs, etc, we jumped in and started the help. Talking with WLF and sherifs they were grateful for the help cause they said they were exhausted. Gave us pointers on where to go, what need to be done, and the cautions of the raging waters.

We helped from morning to night as volunteers, friends and family members wanted to help. We rescued young couples who had 2-10 month old babies, we rescued elderly who had no idea
What was going on and that took 3/4 guys to lift out of chairs into boats because they barley could walk. Just a horrible situation.
We were all volunteers and thanked by first responders. EBRPSO were coming up with cars saying they were getting reports of people in areas with no boats in the areas and sending us to those areas. State troopers were constructing us on our marine radios where to go.

But at some point while taking a
Gas break late Friday with the line of boats spanning out a few of us kept hearing these guys pulling up, beers in there hands, yelling we are the "Cajun navy" here to save you, "Cajun navy" doing the jobs of cops, " Cajun navy" the real help... A bunch of coon ****s really..

Rescuing for almost 48 hours side by side to firefighters,
Cops, WLF agents, retired military etc then the supposed Cajun navy shows up. I could see the aggravation in the first responders eyes.

I couldn't believe the number of boats saying this bull*****. It was more of a glory moment for them screaming they were the Cajun navy then actually going and helping someone.

I helped rescue 3 guys in a Aluminum boat that basically said "watch this hold my
Beer" trying to go through the rapids when the entire rescue crew that had been out there had been going around. First thing they say " we are the Cajun Navy" like seriously idiots! this is why the real guys who were out there before the whole Cajun navy crap started will have to get permits.

Saturday morning We sat with some WLF agents on the side
Of the road off of the central
Thruway waiting on some tools to help one of the WLF airboats and you could literally watch the conversations of guys basically just wanting to have there 15 mins of fame of being called the Cajun navy and there boat being on the news, while icing down beer.

I wanted to be out there because I knew I had the boats that could help. People needed help! I'm not going to sit around watching people drown and if it takes me now to get a permit to do so I would. I wouldn't have thought state troopers or any other officials would tell a boat to go away but now after seeing these yahoos screaming Cajun navy and saying the crap
They did I can see why the whole
Permit and discussions have come up.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:54 AM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullrutt View Post
This may be off subject! I for one do not think their should be a training class or permit.

But on Thursday and Friday when the floods started in the central and Denham areas I grabbed my airboat and gator Trax and headed to central. Because I got a call from a buddy who's family was trapped. When I reached wax road in central.
There was about 10
Boats already helping. Along with WLF, CFD, sherifs, etc, we jumped in and started the help. Talking with WLF and sherifs they were grateful for the help cause they said they were exhausted. Gave us pointers on where to go, what need to be done, and the cautions of the raging waters.

We helped from morning to night as volunteers, friends and family members wanted to help. We rescued young couples who had 2-10 month old babies, we rescued elderly who had no idea
What was going on and that took 3/4 guys to lift out of chairs into boats because they barley could walk. Just a horrible situation.
We were all volunteers and thanked by first responders. EBRPSO were coming up with cars saying they were getting reports of people in areas with no boats in the areas and sending us to those areas. State troopers were constructing us on our marine radios where to go.

But at some point while taking a
Gas break late Friday with the line of boats spanning out a few of us kept hearing these guys pulling up, beers in there hands, yelling we are the "Cajun navy" here to save you, "Cajun navy" doing the jobs of cops, " Cajun navy" the real help... A bunch of coon ****s really..

Rescuing for almost 48 hours side by side to firefighters,
Cops, WLF agents, retired military etc then the supposed Cajun navy shows up. I could see the aggravation in the first responders eyes.

I couldn't believe the number of boats saying this bull*****. It was more of a glory moment for them screaming they were the Cajun navy then actually going and helping someone.

I helped rescue 3 guys in a Aluminum boat that basically said "watch this hold my
Beer" trying to go through the rapids when the entire rescue crew that had been out there had been going around. First thing they say " we are the Cajun Navy" like seriously idiots! this is why the real guys who were out there before the whole Cajun navy crap started will have to get permits.

Saturday morning We sat with some WLF agents on the side
Of the road off of the central
Thruway waiting on some tools to help one of the WLF airboats and you could literally watch the conversations of guys basically just wanting to have there 15 mins of fame of being called the Cajun navy and there boat being on the news, while icing down beer.

I wanted to be out there because I knew I had the boats that could help. People needed help! I'm not going to sit around watching people drown and if it takes me now to get a permit to do so I would. I wouldn't have thought state troopers or any other officials would tell a boat to go away but now after seeing these yahoos screaming Cajun navy and saying the crap
They did I can see why the whole
Permit and discussions have come up.

Cool Story Bro. But your one incident doesn't speak for all the good that took place. If a permit was required those idiots would have known better than to show up acting like idiots.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:04 AM
Trophy Trout

Default Cajun Navy - Training, Permits, License and Fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by seachaser250 View Post
Cool Story Bro. But your one incident doesn't speak for all the good that took place. If a permit was required those idiots would have known better than to show up acting like idiots.

Hey bro.... Lol

Didn't say there wasn't any good done.. Their would be more people who may have died if it was for all of us with boats who helped. I was saying a permit may keep all the coondiks who care more about being called Cajun navy and being on tv away then actually caring your saving people's lives.

Got it bro?!

Old 08-26-2016, 08:11 AM
Trophy Trout

[QUOTE=fullrutt;805082]Hey bro.... Lol

Didn't say there wasn't any good done.. Their would be more people who may have died if it was for all of us with boats who helped. I was saying a permit may keep all the coondiks who care more about being called Cajun navy and being on tv away then actually caring your saving people's lives.

Got it bro?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

You pretty much missed my entire point and sarcastic tone.

I'm talk about the ridiculous idea that some sort of bs certification thingy is going to stop idiots from getting in the way, not to mention the waste of our tax dollars to fund this bs idea.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:14 AM
Trophy Trout

Default Cajun Navy - Training, Permits, License and Fees

[quote=seachaser250;805083]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullrutt View Post
Hey bro.... Lol

Got it bro?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

You pretty much missed my entire point and sarcastic tone.

I'm talk about the ridiculous idea that some sort of bs certification thingy is going to stop idiots from getting in the way, not to mention the waste of our tax dollars to fund this bs idea.

Gotcha I do understand your cert. Point! this is true
Old 08-26-2016, 07:46 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 921

as a person who has helped in most storms/floods since Andrew, this issue always comes up.
personally, I think this talk of certification is just a bunch of BS started by a idiot politician.

when you are loading the elderly/infirm into your skiff to bring them to dry ground, I have yet to be asked if I had my politician approved certification card on me. or asked if I worked for the government.

on a related note...

several of us cooked for neighborhood that is still flooded 2 days ago. am I a outlaw now for feeding hungry people without a government liscence?
Old 08-26-2016, 08:08 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

I just want a Belt with Cajun Navy on it in glitter

And a permit to pull a troll behind weirs in October!!
Old 08-26-2016, 11:29 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

You should never need government approval to do for your neighbor what you would have then do for you.

You have God's permission. That is enough.