SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 02-06-2013, 10:46 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Scouting

Mike called me and invited me to go with him looking for some winter trout. We launched in Empire and ran across Bay Adams towards the west. He had found some good water and trout there a few days ago. The fog was thick at times and we had to keep aware of just where we were at all times. Once we gor to our destination the water was dirty and about 5 degrees cooler than the last time he was here.

We gave some of the nearby structures and holes a try but we soon determined the trout and even the reds and drums were driven from that area due to water conditions. Being that far west we headed a little south and back east. We gave up on the trout and went looking for reds. Mike starts getting some and I am missing them. Finaly I hooked up with a good one only to loose it half way to the boat. As we moved around we found better water and a lot of rat reds. Mike managed to put 3 keepers in the livewell. All I did was babysit the 14-15 inchers.

He had to meet someone in the afternoon so our time was limited. As we get near the end of the day I suggested we cut into a place I like to fish and never go by without hitting it. I usually run across the shallow and once inside I use the trolling motor. Mike shuts down outside and before he gets to the trolling motor I cast into open water on the flats and get hit instantly. The first thing I told Mike was "This is not going in the livewell". The fish rolls in the shallows and looked like a porpus splashing and swimming on the surface. I tightened up a little on the drag just to keep from getting spooled and settled in to enjoy the fight.

Once netted I took a picture with it and back it went. I hope it is still around when I have a customer with me. This was the biggest of the day and my only keeper size fish. We went into my honey hole and found some more reds. All were short but they were there. As we are getting ready to call it I hook up with a fish. This one is jerking it's head and soon is on the surface, Trout! This made us stay a little longer but no other takers.

Came in with some table fare and another short story.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Old 02-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Any day on the water getting some drag pulled sounds like a good day to me. I'll be looking for you on Friday morning. We're going out with Josh on the Deja Vu
Old 02-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,523

Nice fish!

I spent most of the day picking up decoys. Today was the first chance I've had since the season closed.

Your day looks way better than mine.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
Any day on the water getting some drag pulled sounds like a good day to me. I'll be looking for you on Friday morning. We're going out with Josh on the Deja Vu
I have family comming in. Will not be there. May be there when you get in. I am fishing Saturday.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Capt Hoop what's with the rope tied to the Power Pole?
Old 02-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
Anchor
Old 02-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
Not my boat. When we launched the boat it went down and we could not get it to go back up. Had to disconnect it and pull it up by hand. Wasn't going to stop us. We just tied it up and went fishing. Kind of held the boat in place with the trolling motor.