SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 05-28-2014, 10:37 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Interesting day

Started out going offshore today. 4 miles out of south pass things changed. Went back to the marina and docked the catamaran. Ran home and got the bay boat. That just about killed our morning. By this time the winds were starting to blow a bit so we were limited to where we could go and due to the late time of the day I wanted to get fishing quickly. At our first stop Bob gets a flounder. Good start. We get a few misses then Judy hooks up to the redfish of her life. After a long battle she lands a beautiful red right at 30 pounds.

She was exhausted and her husband had to explain that it was a great fish. She was looking for food in the box. After I released this we kept moving along the area looking for some more fish.

I landed a nice 17 inch very fat trout.

It puked up a 5 inch pogie.

Bob hooks up to a fish that starts burning drag. My 4000 reel is spooled with plenty of line so I was not worried about spooling. The way this was burning across the water I was convinced he had a Jack crevalle. When it turned and ran at us he could not keep up with the slack line. The line was singing across the water as the fish ran almost at will. I had the trolling motor up and almost lifted the power pole. A good distance from the boat the fish rolls on the surface and I see the redfish tail. What a hog!!! The fight continued for a long time before we got it boat side.

We found hard heads and sail cats as well as another flounder but we could not buy a small size redfish. Conditions were going south as far as the winds and seas so we decided to head in. Before we picked up she gets another fish. This one is 33 inches and the smallest we had all day. After the photo was taken it went into the box.

A short day of actual fishing but a lot of Long fish. Wish I could hold them there till the day the customers want bulls. The run back was a bit choppy but not uncomfortable. The fish were huge today.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM