SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:03 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,040

Planted my tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapenos and cucumbers 3 weeks ago. Got my herbs in the ground this past weekend after I built some new boxes. We got some cold weather here (Houston) last week but it seems that all is well with the plants.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren View Post
Today is the day to plant your garden!!! Just dropped all my seeds and plants in the ground. Who else has a garden going? I went crazy. Got corn, tomatoes, egg plant, beans, purple hulls, green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, Tabasco peppers, chile peppers, jalepeno peppers, banana peppers, potatoes, cucumbers, watermelon, squash, green onions, and okra.

You not supposed to plant that till it's so hot that your wife comes to bed with no drawers on.

I'm just planting cucmbers and tomatos this year. Cucmbers I'm going to put in the ground and tomatos in planters. I'm tired of growing stuff and no one eats it.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:09 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 611

I dont believe in that Pecan tree not sprouting until the last frost is over myth anymore. My pecan trees have sprouted about 12 days ago and I had a light frost on the ground last week. I got lucky since most of seeds were not germinated when the frost hit and they all came up this past weekend.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Had a tomato plant sprout up in December after i pulled my plants out. This dang plant kept on growing then flowered! I'll be picking 4 ripe ones tonight. Caprese salad with grilled trout on the menu!tomato.jpg Climate change anyone?