SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 05-09-2015, 07:32 PM
Redfish

Cash: 7,058
Default Dularge Weekend Report 5/9/15

Once again the weather has ruined another weekend and halted the incredible trout bite we have been experiencing in Terrebonne Parish. The word is out and an unusually large number of people are out trying to get in on the action. I don't blame you, but please consider using the utmost respect and etiquette to your fellow fisherman. Friday was one of the toughest days I've had in awhile and if you didn't have your spot before daylight you weren't getting one. I found mine and set up shop. There was some activity on the surface so I stayed put. Finally I felt that thump and set the hook. First fish in the box at 6:15. My customers were patient and picked away at the few fish in the school in front of us. The action wasn't steady by any means but enough to keep me from moving. Fast forward to 10:00 and with 17 fish in the box the made the call to tuck their tails and head north. I offered to try for a few redfish but they declined and we took it to the house.

Saturday the winds were worse but the pressure was less. Surprisingly not as many boats out today and the trout were somewhat cooperative. I had a family of 5 out for some fun. One stop is all it took as we steadily caught fish all morning. The bites came in short bursts and then would lull a little while. I kept my structure scan on most of the time and every time the screen lit up we would get bit. With nearly 40 trout on ice they decided they wanted to catch a few reds so we did just that. We hit the leeward banks in the duck ponds and scored 3 pretty ones. We called it a day a little after noon rewarded with a respectable box of fish.

Capt. Rob Dupont
Impulse Fishing Charters
225-776-9820
www.impulsefishingcharters.com
www.facebook.com/impulsefishing
Instagram @impulsefishing