SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2013, 09:31 AM
Flounder

Cash: 613
Default Worst Customer Service Ever Experiences From Ayre's In Beaumont

I know this is a long thread but I just wanted to start this to help anyone avoid this headache I experienced from this piss poor business. I purchased a full front bumper replacement for my F250 on October 29, 2012 for $1,150.00. When I purchased the bumper I was informed that Top Gun manufacturing was out of business but since Ayres still had one bumper in stock it would still come with the 1 year warranty that the other bumpers in stock contained. On July 19, 2013 I brought the bumper back into Ayres and talked to Justin because the paint was peeling and it was rusting in several places. He stated that he would have to get with his Grandpa, Mr. Ayres (the owner) to see how they are going to handle the situation since the manufacture is no longer in business. I received a call from Mr. Ayres asking me to run the bumper by so he can take a look at it to see how we were going to proceed. He took several pictures of my bumper, and stated he would call a company he uses for painting. At that point I left Ayres and returned back home to Sulphur. I received a call the next morning from Mr. Ayres, and his exact words were "The painter I use is going to charge (me) $450 to re-finish the bumper, I just need to know when you can get it in here for me to bring it to him to have it done and it will take 2-3 business days." I told Mr. Ayres that I would drop it off July 22, 2013 which I did. On July 29, 2013 I called several times to see the status on my bumper since it was day 7. I was told several times they would be picking it up. I left work at 4 PM and headed to Ayres. Upon arrival I found that they had not picked the bumper up and Mr. Ayres left to go pick it up at that time. Meanwhile, the installation techs were removing the stock bumper. When I walked out from the waiting room I was shocked to see Ayres employees loading a 350 lb bumper into the bed of my truck because they were closing in 30 minutes and did not have time to install the bumper. We then exchanged a few words and the techs installed the bumper. Upon the completion of the installation, Mr. Ayres informed me that I would owe $487.13 for the refinishing of the bumper. He stated that the original one year warranty verbally promised to me by Justin (Tiny) was only from the manufacture and since the manufacture was out of business I was on my own to cover the repairs to the bumper. Ayres is an authorized retailer and should stand behind the products they sell. They have me two choices, to either leave my bumper there and drive around with no bumper on my truck and take them to small claims court or pay the $487.13 for the repairs. We exchanged serveral words along with Beaumont Police being called out. I left paying the $487.13 after being locked inside the gates of Ayres and having 2 vehicles blocking my vehicle from exiting and having my keys taken from me. I originally purchased this bumper only because I had a verbal agreement, which is a binding contract in Texas with Justin (Tiny) that Ayres will still offer the one year warranty for the product sold. If a company is an authorized retailer and the manufacture goes out of business for the product they are selling, it should not be the customer's responsibility. The retailer should honor the product they sold regardless of the manufacture going out of business. This is the worse customer service I have ever experienced.

Last edited by Duckhunter; 07-30-2013 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Corrected details