SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-29-2014, 10:08 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickfish View Post
This is also the same guy that says you can catch redfish using a car battery.
You can't? I thought everybody knew how to do that.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:13 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickfish View Post
This is also the same guy that says you can catch redfish using a car battery.
^^^ this is from the same guy who follows me around on an internet form and never has made one contributed post on here but has 200+ replays about me

Lmao

Duck ... Quack Quack Quack all I do us make you quack
Old 06-29-2014, 10:20 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Maybe you need to go read it AGAIN.

Post it up if you're so confident that he said it.

Show me where he posted a name. He didn't. He's bluffing again, like always. I just reread that entire thread. Not once did he say who was in control. He couldn't even give me the name of a public servant that he or his buddies talked to.

When did I say anything indicative of me "believing everything the government tells me"? I'm simply stating what I know from experience.

These guys managing those lands are just as much concerned with the marsh as a whole as they are with ducks. You don't plant smooth cordgrass for ducks. There's a lot better plants than smooth cord for ducks.

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Maybe someone is pulling the strings and having the weirs managed poorly, or at least not the way they are supposed to be. But I don't think its those landowners.

The thing that some people fail to realize is that leaving the weirs closed could be as bad for the marsh as opening the weirs when the lake salinity is high. It can reach salinities back there from evapotranspiration that are lethal to many plants. How is letting the salinity get out of control good for the marsh?

So opening those weirs periodically is just as important for the marsh as it is for the lake.

Why is it not being operates correctly? I don't know. I don't think anyone here does.
Man i'm not going back to look, but 100%, no doubt, he posted the guys name about 2 months ago in a thread out there somewhere.

Again, no one is saying that weirs run properly is a bad thing, we're just saying that they are not being managed correctly right now.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:55 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,087

Guys I am not going to debate rather the weirs are for ducks or not but I will tell you all this salt does not evaporate the fresh water mixes with the salt to increase or decrease. If you do not believe me look up how salt mixes for salt water aquariums is made. They bring water into a basin controlled by weirs let it dry out and collect the salt. I say all that to say with the weirs closed the water back there is only going to concentrate the salinity cause it us evaporating and salinity increases. So while the rain is coming it has to break the concentration by filling the marsh then diluting so it's never gonna catch up. Now in saying that allowing the level to stay higher with the weirs open while with no rain it will stay higher salinity but when it rains it gas less concentration to dilute. Show me where keeping them closed has lowered salinity it doesn't it raises it. Guys we can look at a graph and say 2 plus 2 close the wiers but when the end result is 6 we must evaluate the solution and come up with another plan. The equation is mire like 2 + x = 4 solve for x we must stop thinking one solution. My personal opinion is use the weirs keep the levels close to equal yes there will be elevated salinity but when we do get rain it will drop easier. We need to think beyond just what we are told and for yes to fight against a organized beast like this establishment we must come together and be open to each other's suggestions. I guarantee if we go up to this meeting bickering with each other they will say to themselves we have them right were we want them. I am 34 years old have evolved in business to the top of the food chain in my business with board rooms of guys with years if experience over me and the way I did it was learning there is a bit if truth to everyone's opinions and if we put all those bits together we will find the real answer. Ok end of that let's come together guys.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:56 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle creek View Post
Man i'm not going back to look, but 100%, no doubt, he posted the guys name about 2 months ago in a thread out there somewhere.

Again, no one is saying that weirs run properly is a bad thing, we're just saying that they are not being managed correctly right now.
I posted the thread that this "guy" was discussed in, and no, it was not posted. I asked him for the name, and he ignored me.

And I'm pretty sure the argument made by W for months has been the weirs should be left open all the time. So yes, the argument has been made that operating (or not operating) the weirs properly IS a good thing.

The primary purpose of the weirs is not, and never has been fisheries management.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:34 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:

I'm almost 100% also that I posted his name on a thread , I can't remember what it was but I posted it somewhere

smells worked as an intern for one year and now is a marsh expert on duck grass

But yet lots of people who spent there whole life in these areas are all wrong and don't know nothing according to smalls vertict
Old 06-29-2014, 11:53 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Quote:
I posted the thread that this "guy" was discussed in, and no, it was not posted. I asked him for the name, and he ignored me.

And I'm pretty sure the argument made by W for months has been the weirs should be left open all the time. So yes, the argument has been made that operating (or not operating) the weirs properly IS a good thing.

The primary purpose of the weirs is not, and never has been fisheries management.
There have been multiple threads about it, it may not be in that one. I know I'm not dreaming.

It is kind of beside the point anyway. Do you really think that W doesn't know who is in control of weirs? Is it impossible to you that maybe, just maybe, the person controlling the weirs IS a big duck hunter back there?

I'm over this argument, I never argued about your data and this and that. All I ever said is that they aren't being operated correctly as far as everyone can see. Also, protecting the land behind the weirs by keeping them shut is cutting off a huge part of our estuary's bait/food source. I understand the point of the weirs is to control land loss and not fisheries management, but it is hurting the lake. I guess it's one or the other, but not both.

Like I said, rock the ship channel and the weirs won't be such a big issue.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:54 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I'm almost 100% also that I posted his name on a thread , I can't remember what it was but I posted it somewhere

smells worked as an intern for one year and now is a marsh expert on duck grass

But yet lots of people who spent there whole life in these areas are all wrong and don't know nothing according to smalls vertict
Find it and post it up.

Intern?!? Lmao. Don't kind yourself little man. I wasn't an intern by any means. You will stop at nothing to try and push your point.

You have NOTHING supporting your claims. The one thing you "have" is a name for some "guy" that operates the weirs, which you can't post and I have not found any evidence of on this forum, and believe me, I've searched.

If you post that name up, that's all I'm asking, and it proves your point, I will he more than happy to join your "movement".

But the only other person that can argue anything scientifically on this ENTIRE FORUM, MathGeek, hasn't even said anything supporting your argument that it is being managed for ducks. Because, unlike you, MG doesn't base his opinions on pure speculation, but rather, scientific FACT.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:00 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
There have been multiple threads about it, it may not be in that one. I know I'm not dreaming.

It is kind of beside the point anyway. Do you really think that W doesn't know who is in control of weirs? Is it impossible to you that maybe, just maybe, the person controlling the weirs IS a big duck hunter back there?

I'm over this argument, I never argued about your data and this and that. All I ever said is that they aren't being operated correctly as far as everyone can see. Also, protecting the land behind the weirs by keeping them shut is cutting off a huge part of our estuary's bait/food source. I understand the point of the weirs is to control land loss and not fisheries management, but it is hurting the lake. I guess it's one or the other, but not both.

Like I said, rock the ship channel and the weirs won't be such a big issue.
No, it is not impossible for me to believe. But there is no proof supporting it, just speculation. I've searched, and there is no where on this forum that a name has been posted. So yes, I do believe that he doesn't know, because he won't post it.

You do understand the significance of that marsh to the estuary, right? Not trying to be smart, but a lake does not an estuary make. The lake, the marsh, everything makes the estuary. If the east side marsh is the lifeblood of the lake, then why would anyone not want to protect it?

I do agree that rocking the channel would save a lot of trouble. One layer of management is not enough for such a complex system.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:42 PM
Banned

Let's all have a cage match on July 9 to see who's right. Smalls, stop trying to bash W because he's not a scientist and doesn't have graphs and charts to back his statements. Not everyone can be an intern for one year and suddenly know everything about estuary conservation/management. If you'd wake up, you'd realize it's all about money, just like everything else in business and life. These big time duck Hunters are too dumb to realize that with evaporation rates keeping the weirs closed is only raising salinity levels. I'm looking forward to meeting and hearing what all you self-proclaimed conservationist purpose to solve this problem. I'll give you a hint of what it's going to take... $$$
Old 06-29-2014, 12:56 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_Picou View Post
Let's all have a cage match on July 9 to see who's right. Smalls, stop trying to bash W because he's not a scientist and doesn't have graphs and charts to back his statements. Not everyone can be an intern for one year and suddenly know everything about estuary conservation/management. If you'd wake up, you'd realize it's all about money, just like everything else in business and life. These big time duck Hunters are too dumb to realize that with evaporation rates keeping the weirs closed is only raising salinity levels. I'm looking forward to meeting and hearing what all you self-proclaimed conservationist purpose to solve this problem. I'll give you a hint of what it's going to take... $$$
Bashing? What are you lookin at dude? I'm not bashing him. I'M FLAT OUT CALLING HIM OUT!!

What qualifies you to know anything about this subject? You just seem to quote W, because if you read anything you'd know the intern crack is completely false.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:03 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Bashing? What are you lookin at dude? I'm not bashing him. I'M FLAT OUT CALLING HIM OUT!!

What qualifies you to know anything about this subject? You just seem to quote W, because if you read anything you'd know the intern crack is completely false.
What are you calling me out for ??? I gave the guys name on one of these countless threads ... I'm not going to look it up but I promise you it's on one of them

So NO your not calling me out ! I gave you the name you wanted already and yes you were an intern
Old 06-29-2014, 01:12 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
What are you calling me out for ??? I gave the guys name on one of these countless threads ... I'm not going to look it up but I promise you it's on one of them

So NO your not calling me out ! I gave you the name you wanted already and yes you were an intern
Dude, no you didn't! I've looked through every thread on the CCA, Weirs, trout limits, oysters, Bill Clinton, Obama, the easter bunny, black panther and big foot.......

.....AND there is no name!

What, you already forgot what his name is?

And I wasn't an intern. If you're so convinced I was an intern, then where did I intern at? Hmmmmm?
Old 06-29-2014, 01:14 PM
Banned

It's okay if you were an intern, everyone has to start somewhere. Just embrace the fact that you woke up one day and decided you were an expert biologist/scientist/conservationist/ douche nozzle. How many days a week do you spend on the lake? I guarantee I've fished more this month than you've fished all year. Being on the water and seeing what's actually happening out there is the only way you can see the real effects of our struggling estuary. Sitting behind your computer and reading threads makes you far from an expert... Oh and who cares what his name is?? He's a duck hunter behind the weirs... I'll bet 1,000.00 on that one.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:33 PM
Redfish

Cash: 899

Interns sure do learn a lot in a years time these days.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:35 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Chuck Perrodin

smalls here is your guy ^^^^^
Old 06-29-2014, 01:36 PM
Redfish

How come the weirs that spill into Sabine refuge from west cove are never closed? Oh wait, that's where the common folk duck hunt!
Old 06-29-2014, 01:37 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:

Like I said it was already posted !!!

Now say your sorry Mr "W"
I'm just a intern and don't know ****
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (53.7 KB, 159 views)
Old 06-29-2014, 01:37 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Chuck Perrodin

smalls here is your guy ^^^^^
Hell his name is on the weir hotline # 1-855-532-9955
Old 06-29-2014, 01:38 PM
Redfish

Quote: