SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-29-2009, 03:00 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650

Thanks fool, I sent you an email.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:11 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,090

i can offer a little experience in this department. i have a 16' flat bottom with a 25 h.p. suzuki. i also have a 19' bay boat with a 150h.p. i love my bayboat, but if i had to choose one, the bayboat's gone. i can fish big lake in the aluminum boat, i just have to pick my days more carefully. there are days that i can fish big lake with the bayboat that i wouldn't with the flat bottom, but they are few and far between. if i didn't have the bayboat, i would just fish elsewhere on those days or cut grass. in my opinion, if i had to have one, the flat bottom is much more versatile. it is nice to have both. however, with 2 kids, a wife, and career it is sometimes hard to justify both (time?). there's my $.02.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:15 PM
Sand Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Light Kid View Post
i can offer a little experience in this department. i have a 16' flat bottom with a 25 h.p. suzuki. i also have a 19' bay boat with a 150h.p. i love my bayboat, but if i had to choose one, the bayboat's gone. i can fish big lake in the aluminum boat, i just have to pick my days more carefully. there are days that i can fish big lake with the bayboat that i wouldn't with the flat bottom, but they are few and far between. if i didn't have the bayboat, i would just fish elsewhere on those days or cut grass. in my opinion, if i had to have one, the flat bottom is much more versatile. it is nice to have both. however, with 2 kids, a wife, and career it is sometimes hard to justify both (time?). there's my $.02.
Thats all great info thanks! We've got no kids yet, so it'd be mostly her and myself. I'm looking at bay boats to take friends out on the weekends. I'm leaning a lot towards an aluminum boat first.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:16 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

check email..just sent one
Old 05-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Sand Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebert View Post
where would that be? i'll need to find this place with my jon boat lol

ratfusion..how about a nice used 21ft carolina skiff DLV???
Does it involve a drive to florida? I've looked at their boats and like them.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:33 PM
Redfish

I'd let mine go for $5750.00.

'86 18' Shoalwater Flats w/ 2000 90 Yammie

It will run in 6" of water and gets 4mpg. 6" cmc jack plate.

It'll run 43 mph with just me and 37 with 3 people. Very stable with a 8' 3" beam.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101_2798%20%28Small%29.JPG (68.2 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg 101_2799%20%28Small%29.JPG (74.2 KB, 64 views)
Old 05-29-2009, 06:03 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

Ratfusion,

If you are considering a Carolina skiff, I can give you a world of information. I researched them for several months. You also might want to check out the Carolina skiff owners forum. Just do a yahoo or google search for it and you will find it. Lots of good info there. There are several dealers outside of Louisiana that will save you thousands of dollars on a Carolina Skiff. You should also check out the new skiffs that are being produced by Sea Hunt. They really look nice. Shoot me a message if you want more info on skiffs. I can also put you in touch with local guys that own them to answer more of your questions.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:17 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratfusion View Post
Does it involve a drive to florida? I've looked at their boats and like them.
i don't have one...was just suggesting them ...I like them too..If i had the cash i'd be buying one
Old 05-29-2009, 06:41 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,503

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
ratfusion..i have the perfect boat (my dad does) for you!

Its a 17 ft aluminum boat with a steering console, with a 50 yamaha.

this boat is a G3 coastal, which means that its rigged for saltwater (heavy wire, trolling motor) This boat has been used maybe 15-20 times MAX! its 2 years old and in like new shape!! You can basically use it for freshwater/saltwater, we use it for big lake. It is in the shape of like a bass boat, but is for saltwater! Email me at X1riverrat05@aol.com for details/pics/price.
It's a semi V aluminum boat, Yamaha made the boat, but they have quit making them now.
thanks!
yamaha stills owns g3.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:01 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by flounder_smacker View Post
yamaha stills owns g3.

they dont make the 175 coastal anymore they still own g3
Old 05-29-2009, 08:44 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,952
Default Good luck!

I own a 22 foot bayboat and have taken the kids crabbing, tubing, bass and perch jerking on toledo, henderson, and the mermentau I've fished for trout in coastal bays and the near shore rigs. I've fished shallow ponds for redfish and even been snapper fishing in it. Never once did I think that I'd be better off in a smaller boat. I'd say that's versatile. This goes against many of the posts here but it is my truth. Everyone has different ideas of what is best for them so you decide. Don't get bogged down with too many opinions. After all, they are only opinions. Good luck with your decision. You'll enjoy your time on the water with any style of boat you choose.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:48 PM
Sand Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidellkid View Post
Ratfusion,

If you are considering a Carolina skiff, I can give you a world of information. I researched them for several months. You also might want to check out the Carolina skiff owners forum. Just do a yahoo or google search for it and you will find it. Lots of good info there. There are several dealers outside of Louisiana that will save you thousands of dollars on a Carolina Skiff. You should also check out the new skiffs that are being produced by Sea Hunt. They really look nice. Shoot me a message if you want more info on skiffs. I can also put you in touch with local guys that own them to answer more of your questions.

Those sea hunts are very interesting. Where do they fall in price ranges for the skiffs?

What did you end up buying?
Old 05-30-2009, 02:20 PM
Banned

Fool with that G3 I hope you will give (buyer) him a slicker suit. G3 boats are wet, wet, wet and ride very rough in any chop. I know someone who has the 1966 center console.