SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534
Default Good deed for the month

Well.... unfortunately I made a soldier cry today, here's the story.

I was at the gas station getting something to eat and a soldier came in and he was shaking. He looked nervous as hell… I paid for my food and drink and I waited a second to talk to someone that worked with me. He (soldier) asked for a pack of Marlboro reds and dug into his pocket and pulled out a handful of change, I overlooked what he had and knew instantly it wasn’t enough. I slid him a $5 and a $1 (knowing it was $5 and some change) and walked out the door…. I went to my truck and was about to open my bag and start chowing down and he knocked on my window and thanked me profusely and shook my hand and his voice was cracking and he had tears rolling down his face and proceeded to tell me that him and his bride recently got married and he was in the negative in his bank account and he and his wife have been eating MRE’s since Monday. I asked him if I could buy him and his wife a few dollars in groceries and he declined.

I then told him about going to Finance on post to get an advance so they can actually eat real food until he got paid.

He thanked me so much, I thought he was going to hug me….. he was only a private…..

I copied this from an e-mail I wrote to my dad

What good deed have you done ???????
Old 09-17-2010, 04:33 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,366

i "pulled out" last night baton rouge dont need any lil poxys runnin around
Old 09-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

thats a good deed
Old 09-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,424

Good job my man, I missed an opportunity like that once and I'll remember it forever.
Wasn't a solder for me, just someone who could have used a little help at the checkout. If you keep your eyes open there are hurting people out there. Thanks for sharing.
"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' Matthew 25:40
Old 09-17-2010, 06:51 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottogo49 View Post
Good job my man, I missed an opportunity like that once and I'll remember it forever.
Wasn't a solder for me, just someone who could have used a little help at the checkout. If you keep your eyes open there are hurting people out there. Thanks for sharing.
"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' Matthew 25:40

I think of that scripture and also think how I would want someone to do the same for me if I was really in need.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

It was august 2005 and olde time grocery was a Friday habit. Standing in line I noticed a couple that looked out of place, you could tell they were foreigners. Paid for my Samiches and they stepped up to pay. I asked them if they were in town with the red cross and got an affirmative. These folks were from Iowa to help our people in Louisiana for Rita and Katrina. the lady put her money on the counter and I handed it back to her telling her that it was not good in Louisiana. I paid for her and her husbands poboys and when I turned around she was balling her eyes out! Buddy punched me because I made her cry(I have a way with women). Husband shook my hand and we left. Figure that lady let them know in Iowa that there are some good dudes in Louisiana!
Old 09-17-2010, 10:51 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,864
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
It was august 2005 and olde time grocery was a Friday habit. Standing in line I noticed a couple that looked out of place, you could tell they were foreigners. Paid for my Samiches and they stepped up to pay. I asked them if they were in town with the red cross and got an affirmative. These folks were from Iowa to help our people in Louisiana for Rita and Katrina. the lady put her money on the counter and I handed it back to her telling her that it was not good in Louisiana. I paid for her and her husbands poboys and when I turned around she was balling her eyes out! Buddy punched me because I made her cry(I have a way with women). Husband shook my hand and we left. Figure that lady let them know in Iowa that there are some good dudes in Louisiana!

<LIKES>
Old 09-18-2010, 08:29 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 717

Has anyone ever seen the movie "Pay it Forward?" I highly recommend it.