SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 03-26-2013, 05:27 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Oh yeah, I know Paul. Never took it as you calling me out. I was just adding a little more to what I said earlier. It is a very touchy subject, hard to be on either side of the aisle. On the one hand, as a sportsman, the lakes current condition offers us an abundance of recreational opportunity. As the mayor said at a meeting I was at last week, Where else can you catch redfish, trout, flounder, bass, hunt ducks, deer, Turkey and all sorts of game within an hours drive? Not many places. But the conservationist/biologist in me knows that the system, as it is, is not natural. We are losing Marsh pretty rapidly. We lost more land from 2004-2010 than the previous 40 or 50 years combined. Any way to freshen the system would benefit because it would introduce more nutrients. Are you going to start catching bass in big lake again? Doubt it. But it may just save the Marsh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2