SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:03 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,829
Default Not a good day/automobile accident

Get a call around lunch from my daughter, wife and son saying a car ran the red light and hit my truck, they had green light. It was nothing serious and everyone is ok so I drive up to the accident and now driver of the other car is saying his light was green. No witness so the cop didn't put anyone at fault. He was by his self in the car also he didn't have a drivers license so he got a ticket for that but after all said and done cop let him drive off without a license. Just wondering if we should fight it in court so his insurance can pay for it being there were 3 people in my vehicle and him being by his self. Also i would say he is at fault cause he shouldn't have been on the road in the first place without a license. Any advice? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364421667.487781.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1364421683.326003.jpg
Old 03-27-2013, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,490

Give all of the information to your insurance company and let them fight it. Be glad everyone is ok.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

File it on your own insurance and be done. Chances are, if he's running with no license, he's probably using some pile of crap ins company, assuming his ins verification was even honorable.

That said, I'd venture to guess there's about $7k worth of damage right there. Both doors, the lower hinge on the rear door and, the rocker will need to be replaced. The rocker alone is $1000 and some change since you have to buy the whole body side panel to get what you need.

If you need any help with filing your claim or, have repair questions, let me know. I'd be glad to help a fellow SC member out.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:14 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
File it on your own insurance and be done. Chances are, if he's running with no license, he's probably using some pile of crap ins company, assuming his ins verification was even honorable.

That said, I'd venture to guess there's about $7k worth of damage right there. Both doors, the lower hinge on the rear door and, the rocker will need to be replaced. The rocker alone is $1000 and some change since you have to buy the whole body side panel to get what you need.

If you need any help with filing your claim or, have repair questions, let me know. I'd be glad to help a fellow SC member out.
Well, you just ruined the rest of the day for him!!! lol!

Just kidding Southern, I know your just calling it like you see it
Glad the lady in the kids are safe and sound and good luck with the repairs!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:15 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Can't help you, but glad they are alright
Old 03-27-2013, 07:22 PM
Redfish

Cash: 615

Glad everyone is ok.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:18 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,502

I thought that if they have no lisence they are automatically at fault?
Old 03-27-2013, 09:28 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msucowpoke51 View Post
That's what a few people said but can't go by what u hear all the time.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:49 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msucowpoke51 View Post
No. If they are uninsured, they are at the mercy of the "No pay, no Play" laws. Yeah, it's bass akwards but, even if they aren't at fault, uninsured motorists are in a bind. Unlicensed motorists pretty much take a $450 ticket and, go home.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:52 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Open View Post
Well, you just ruined the rest of the day for him!!! lol!

Just kidding Southern, I know your just calling it like you see it
Glad the lady in the kids are safe and sound and good luck with the repairs!
I have fixed this almost exact wreck but, it was the passenger side and not 2 tone. Best I can recall, it was about $6700.

I'll help with the claim, even if I'm not fixing the wreck. Let me know if ya need my help.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:07 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,303

Glad everyone is ok.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:16 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
I have fixed this almost exact wreck but, it was the passenger side and not 2 tone. Best I can recall, it was about $6700.

I'll help with the claim, even if I'm not fixing the wreck. Let me know if ya need my help.
Thanks southern, I'll let u know if I need anything, looks like I'll be paying a $1000 deductible to get it fixed. Hopefully my insurance will fight it, there was 3 people in my vehicle and he was by his self, seems like that would help as witnesses. Idk
Old 03-28-2013, 06:33 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 632

When you get a copy of the crash report are if you already know see who was listed as vehicle 1. It doesn't sound like a complete are for that matter a good investigation was preformed at the crash scene. The reason I ask about vehicle 1 is generally vehicle 1 is at fault and will have the violation checked off and reason for movement box checked off as due to driver violation. This is the way it should be done according to the LA crash book. I have seen different agencies do it different ways and not always by the book. I would get with your insurance and make sure they fight it and I would push the issue of why a complete investigation was not completed. Good luck and glade no one was hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Apple dominating the WORLD
Old 03-28-2013, 07:21 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Just remember the "Golden Rule" when your adjuster calls. Hopefully, you both have the same insurance company, if so they will wave the deductibles and surely establish fault. PM's are ok if there are any questions, just don't do it on open forum for insurance questions.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:24 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightline11 View Post
When you get a copy of the crash report are if you already know see who was listed as vehicle 1. It doesn't sound like a complete are for that matter a good investigation was preformed at the crash scene. The reason I ask about vehicle 1 is generally vehicle 1 is at fault and will have the violation checked off and reason for movement box checked off as due to driver violation. This is the way it should be done according to the LA crash book. I have seen different agencies do it different ways and not always by the book. I would get with your insurance and make sure they fight it and I would push the issue of why a complete investigation was not completed. Good luck and glade no one was hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
X2 Tightline!! Poor investigation! It is sad what society has come to these days! I forsee the senerio paying out like this: If it isn't written up properly both insurance companies will make both of you pay a percentage like 60/40 for example instead of fighting it. Especially due to none being injured, For them it is cheaper to settle that way than to spend the money (hire a expensive recon guy) to prove otherwise! It isn't a matter of right or wrong anymore! It is about what you can get away with! Sorry for your bad luck!
Apple dominating the WORLD
Old 03-28-2013, 08:04 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEACEKEEPER View Post
For them it is cheaper to settle that way than to spend the money (hire a expensive recon guy) to prove otherwise!

I'm really not that expensive and would even look at the report without charging my usual fee to open a case.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:26 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Country Boy, I feel your pain! Thanks to the lawyers in America, it is what it is! An officer can not assign fault if there is no independent witness to document what happened in a case like this. If the accident occurs where evidence will support one driver over another, then obviously the officer can place fault and issue a citation. An example of this would be someone pulling out from a side street that had a stop sign, or someone crossing the center line where POI is in your lane of travel. Unfortunalety, an intersection with a traffic signal is the worst type of accident to assign fault w/o a witness because it becomes a "he said, she said" scenario. Without the officer being there, all he has is an accident scene.

As far as driving w/o a license - you are required by law to have your DL on your person. If his DL was valid and he did not have it on him, he is allowed to drive away after getting a ticket. If the driver was under suspension, that is a different story, but don't think that the officer did anything wrong by letting him drive away. If he issued him a summons for the DL issue, that is all he could do. With today's technology, we can run someone by name in our cars, get their DL information on the screen and send them on the way. Sucks, but that's the law.

In the end, your insurance company will take care of your vehicle, his will take care of that car, and you will be happy and content that nobody was hurt. if you are able to locate a witness, then you have hope, but chances are - nobody will come forward. Best of luck, not trying to ruin your day, just thought you deserved an explanation as it sounded like you were upset at the officer, but his hands are tied. SUCKS!
Old 03-28-2013, 08:28 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Boy View Post
Thanks southern, I'll let u know if I need anything, looks like I'll be paying a $1000 deductible to get it fixed. Hopefully my insurance will fight it, there was 3 people in my vehicle and he was by his self, seems like that would help as witnesses. Idk
Not one bit does your 3 people vs. his 1 help you. Unless it was someone else in another car, don't waste your oxygen grassping at straws. They want "independent" witnesses. Any chances a business in the area had security cameras?
Old 03-28-2013, 09:19 AM
Flounder

Cash: 686

Take it as a loss and file your insurance to get your car fixed. If he wasnt ticketed, there's nothing much you can do. Your insurance may fight to get there money back but wont do much for your claim.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
Not one bit does your 3 people vs. his 1 help you. Unless it was someone else in another car, don't waste your oxygen grassping at straws. They want "independent" witnesses. Any chances a business in the area had security cameras?
Also they had him as vehicle #1
I check around for cameras on business's but none in that direction. Thanks