SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-14-2014, 12:57 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Hunting and fishing are Constitutionally protected rights in Louisiana, subject to law and regulation:

The freedom to hunt, fish, and trap wildlife, including all aquatic life, traditionally taken by hunters, trappers and anglers, is a valued natural heritage that shall be forever preserved for the people. Hunting, fishing and trapping shall be managed by law and regulation consistent with Article IX, Section I of the Constitution of Louisiana to protect, conserve and replenish the natural resources of the state. The provisions of this Section shall not alter the burden of proof requirements otherwise established by law for any challenge to a law or regulation pertaining to hunting, fishing or trapping the wildlife of the state, including all aquatic life. Nothing contained herein shall be construed to authorize the use of private property to hunt, fish, or trap without the consent of the owner of the property.
(Louisiana State Constitution)

The laws of Louisiana require game wardens to have probable cause:

The secretary, the deputy secretary, or any commissioned wildlife enforcement agent of the enforcement division may visit, inspect, and examine, with or without search warrant, records, any cold storage plant, warehouse, boat, store, car, conveyance, automobile or other vehicle, airplane or other aircraft, basket or other receptacle, or any place of deposit for wild birds, wild quadrupeds, fish, or other aquatic life or any parts thereof whenever there is probable cause to believe that a violation has occurred.
Tell us more about this probable cause you speak of.

911 - "911, what's your emergency sir?"

MG - "There is a weird van sitting in the road in front of my house, a camera in the window, and I can see the fella jerkin his gerkin. I'm worried for my children, can you send someone out to check this guy?"

911 - "Sorry sir, but a quick look at my stats for instances where a weird van with surveillance setup on someone's house, and a freakish man rubbing one out inside tells me that 48% of the time this doesn't end in a molestation or kidnapping. Not enough probable cause here - good luck! oh, and tell your kids to play in the back."
Old 05-14-2014, 12:58 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TOP View Post
I agree, but you need to retract the one word "privilege" from your earlier statement.....
I agree I did not maybe use the correct word.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:02 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Fishing no way shape or form is a privilege it's a free right

Lmao that has too be upmost stupidest thing I ever heard on this website ever

You do not have to a fishing license to fish on private property or farms or ponds or canals etc...

Rene please post less
Old 05-14-2014, 01:04 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
No i am not a liberal. But by your thinking i guess a person with 5 dui's has the right to drive if they want to. So hell lets just do away with all laws....and lets do whatever we want since we have the "right".

All I am saying is if we do thing like hunt or fish we are subject to things like getting checked and following rules. Hey do I like all the rules and such...no I do not.

Hey look next time you are fishing and a gw wants to check you tell them it is your right to fish and crank up you boat and leave and see what happens.
Droppin' figure 8's on the GW, nice!

Any Game Warden's reading this, you can check my box any time... And I'll take your tips on where the most fish are being caught any day... Thanks for stopping by, sir.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:08 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Droppin' figure 8's on the GW, nice!

Any Game Warden's reading this, you can check my box any time... And I'll take your tips on where the most fish are being caught any day... Thanks for stopping by, sir.
Come on man...I thought you were gonna lawyer up....

Or tell the gw it is your RIGHT to fish so you should have the RIGHT to do what you want.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:12 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

A direct eye witness report of a crime is generally considered to be probable cause.

If the boat next to you reports they saw you put too many fish or undersized fish in your ice chest, then a game warden would have probable cause to search your ice chest. No one is debating this point.

The point of disagreement is whether the act of fishing itself constitutes an implied consent to search or some how otherwise negates the legal requirement for probable cause to conduct an involuntary search.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:19 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
A direct eye witness report of a crime is generally considered to be probable cause.

If the boat next to you reports they saw you put too many fish or undersized fish in your ice chest, then a game warden would have probable cause to search your ice chest. No one is debating this point.

The point of disagreement is whether the act of fishing itself constitutes an implied consent to search or some how otherwise negates the legal requirement for probable cause to conduct an involuntary search.
Just say no, where's the confusion?

Too many powdered wigs on here.

JUST SAY NO, I'll offer them a beer. How's that for American
Old 05-14-2014, 01:21 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Tell us more about this probable cause you speak of.

911 - "911, what's your emergency sir?"

MG - "There is a weird van sitting in the road in front of my house, a camera in the window, and I can see the fella jerkin his gerkin. I'm worried for my children, can you send someone out to check this guy?"

911 - "Sorry sir, but a quick look at my stats for instances where a weird van with surveillance setup on someone's house, and a freakish man rubbing one out inside tells me that 48% of the time this doesn't end in a molestation or kidnapping. Not enough probable cause here - good luck! oh, and tell your kids to play in the back."
you just described someone in plain sight committing a crime... that is exactly what probable cause could be described as actually.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:25 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

F the police
Old 05-14-2014, 01:28 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Geez someone please just delete this thread. It's gone from weirs to people jerkin off in a van.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:29 PM
Ling

Cash: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle creek View Post
Geez someone please just delete this thread. It's gone from weirs to people jerkin off in a van.
I agree
Old 05-14-2014, 01:48 PM
Red Snapper

did anyone see the lsu game!! crazy what happens when they hit the ball...
Old 05-14-2014, 02:01 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 866

Quote:
geez someone please just delete this thread. It's gone from weirs to people jerkin off in a van.
down by the river!!!
Old 05-14-2014, 02:02 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoods17 View Post
down by the river!!!
Ha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2014, 03:03 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckingFastard View Post
you just described someone in plain sight committing a crime... that is exactly what probable cause could be described as actually.

Where's the crime bro, where's the crime?
Old 05-14-2014, 03:04 PM
Swordfish

Quote:

Like you took most of this thread seriously anyway. Lmao
Old 05-14-2014, 03:19 PM
Red Snapper

Beating it in public is more than a fetish lol it's against da law!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2014, 03:44 PM
Swordfish

Default Bl rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckingFastard View Post
Beating it in public is more than a fetish lol it's against da law!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His van is his property, don't look inside!

Last edited by Goooh; 05-14-2014 at 04:38 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:46 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -514

OH MY GOD!!!!

Look I paied allredy for a licens. So why harass me for more money?

Next I have bean told the individual in charge was a X year comado and that he deserved my respect. This said does a inforcement member I don't know need to educate me so their respective partner can feel more respected? And how is my showing respect going to keep their hands off the gun strapped to their waist. Next are they so scared of people retaliating they need fire arms. Or is it the other way around ? I guess they have instituted too many rules now as it seems they are in feer of a uprising that will require leather action to put down. I for one am not a law inforcement Agilent as I don't want to get shot I feer getting shot but I don't respect inforcement with the same view as me as if it worries you so much you need to get another job. I just don't see getting into takeing a life over a fish or animal that is already dead. I can't justify high fines or jail time that would drive individuals to to reach a point of takeing a human life to keep from getting caught.

It's out of hand and the rules are too many and the peniltys are too extreem and the attitude of inforcement of give me a reason to pull my gun I will as I have my hand on it allredy is ludicrest. The Davis comming when a man will die over a fish and then it will be ok for that to happen as many times a week as wanted.

Sucks really all I want to do is catch a fish and eat. Not get involved with court pay more money and come close to dieing.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:58 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
OH MY GOD!!!!

Look I paied allredy for a licens. So why harass me for more money?

Next I have bean told the individual in charge was a X year comado and that he deserved my respect. This said does a inforcement member I don't know need to educate me so their respective partner can feel more respected? And how is my showing respect going to keep their hands off the gun strapped to their waist. Next are they so scared of people retaliating they need fire arms. Or is it the other way around ? I guess they have instituted too many rules now as it seems they are in feer of a uprising that will require leather action to put down. I for one am not a law inforcement Agilent as I don't want to get shot I feer getting shot but I don't respect inforcement with the same view as me as if it worries you so much you need to get another job. I just don't see getting into takeing a life over a fish or animal that is already dead. I can't justify high fines or jail time that would drive individuals to to reach a point of takeing a human life to keep from getting caught.

It's out of hand and the rules are too many and the peniltys are too extreem and the attitude of inforcement of give me a reason to pull my gun I will as I have my hand on it allredy is ludicrest. The Davis comming when a man will die over a fish and then it will be ok for that to happen as many times a week as wanted.

Sucks really all I want to do is catch a fish and eat. Not get involved with court pay more money and come close to dieing.

Rat Dog, if you paid your license and are following the regulations then how are they getting any money from you?

If in fact you are consistently breaking the laws, then of course they will continually stop you until you are within the laws...