SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Offshore Fishing Discussion

Offshore Fishing Discussion Discuss everything bluewater from pelagics to reef fish here!

Old 06-19-2013, 08:22 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
Dramamine (anti-motion sickness) works good coupled with a syringe of promethazine (anti-nausea) in cream form. You squirt the promethazine onto your wrist and rub them together til it dissolves. But as stated before, a lot of it is mental. I feel queezy everytime I go but I know it's gonna pass. If you freak out and worry yourself to death about getting sick, you will be sick.

With that being said, I've been sick as sick gets, so it does happen. People who say, "I've never gotten seasick" haven't been in rough enough seas!
The first time I fished with sammich I had a bundle of promethazine syringes in my tackle bag left over from a offshore trip. Jared needed something out of my bag and found all the syringes. Man y'all should have seen the look on his face. Priceless. *****. Btw my wife makes this at her work. She runs the lab for Boudreaux's new drug store. Ohh. They work awesome for a hang over.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:22 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by longcast View Post
The first time I fished with sammich I had a bundle of promethazine syringes in my tackle bag left over from a offshore trip. Jared needed something out of my bag and found all the syringes. Man y'all should have seen the look on his face. Priceless. *****. Btw my wife makes this at her work. She runs the lab for Boudreaux's new drug store. Ohh. They work awesome for a hang over.
Where can u order?
Old 06-19-2013, 08:29 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Hahaha yeah! I bout **** myself. Didn't know you very well at the time and almost decided to swim back to the launch.

Those do work wonders though. I used to work there too and it was one of the more popular prescriptions. Goooh, just ask your doctor for an Rx.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

I'm also making my first trip offshore this weekend...glad its supposed to be nice for the first trip out. Don't know if we will be going as far out as you, I believe last time they went about 40 miles out and fished for snapper
Old 06-19-2013, 09:47 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,044

Thanks for all the tips. I got a script for the patch scaloppine and got some Dramamine. I'm sure I will still get quezzy but I hope it's not bad. I just want at least one full day of fishing and be able to enjoy being out there. Ill report when we return.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:55 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Start taking ginger capsule a few days in advance, then get some Bonnine in your system a day before even if it makes you drowsy you'll be so pumped once that first tuna makes a reel scream you won't give a crap! No greasy heavy foods, try fruit, plain sandwiches ect. Also bring a few cans of ginger ale that helps. The only time I get screwed up is on long runs 150+ miles in big sport fishers once we go inside and watch tv or play cards. So I try to hang out on the stern and watch the wake in te flood lights or if I can focus on a platform I do that. But by the 1st night you will be ok
Old 06-19-2013, 11:10 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,607

If you do start to feel queezy dont give in to the sickness.
Keep fishing or moving around or anything to keep your mind off of the sickness.

One question: I have never checked into a three day trip like this. I am sure it is bad *** but can you still only catch two YF tuna over the entire three days? That would kimd of suck.

Anyone know how limits apply to multi day trips like this?
Old 06-19-2013, 11:45 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
My Ol lady used to work there. I'm sure they know each other.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:15 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako19 View Post
If you do start to feel queezy dont give in to the sickness.
Keep fishing or moving around or anything to keep your mind off of the sickness.

One question: I have never checked into a three day trip like this. I am sure it is bad *** but can you still only catch two YF tuna over the entire three days? That would kimd of suck.

Anyone know how limits apply to multi day trips like this?

I wonder the same thing, some boats go out for 3-4 day trips. How many Tuna can they bring back?
Old 06-20-2013, 06:34 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
I wonder the same thing, some boats go out for 3-4 day trips. How many Tuna can they bring back?
I read that you can possess your limit for each consecutive day out there up to a maximum number of days
Old 06-20-2013, 07:28 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

I believe the daily bag for yellowfin is 3