SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

View Poll Results: weight of personal best speck
over 10 lbs 5 3.16%
10-9 lbs 9 5.70%
9-8 lbs 23 14.56%
8-7 lbs 29 18.35%
7-6 lbs 40 25.32%
6-5 lbs 26 16.46%
under 5 lbs 26 16.46%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

LMC Marine

Old 03-26-2013, 11:50 AM
Flounder

Cash: 627

I caught one 8.3# in v- bay using a 5" live mullet...when I landed it , not knowing about the star ..my buddy was in another boat and asked me if I was in the star tourney and told him no..he said u dumba** u know that fish could be worth a brand new boat....needless to say I've been in the star ever since and have never caught one that size since
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-26-2013, 12:06 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364317489.910336.jpg
This one was 350$ but in 08. Gary Bell Deep South Taxidermy on Verot. Best around IMO. Dude takes major pride in it.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Ling

It was 27.5 "
Old 03-26-2013, 12:09 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

"I know for a fact that big trout stay offshore" -W

Did anyone catch 'there' big trout 'offshore'?

My biggest is 5.0 lbs which also equates to 5 lbs 0oz. It was caught first cast on a topwater in the Grand Isle surf. It was 'weighted' and filleted and ated

Last edited by Duck Butter; 03-26-2013 at 12:21 PM. Reason: forgot quotation marks!
Old 03-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post

Did anyone catch there big trout 'offshore'?

My biggest is 5.0 lbs which also equates to 5 lbs 0oz. It was caught first cast on a topwater in the Grand Isle surf. It was 'weighted' and filleted and ated
Old 03-26-2013, 12:27 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:

Bwahahahaha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:

Ain't no "offshore" at Delacroix.

Still LMAO at your post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2013, 12:35 PM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

"W" lets hear your story and see your fish!
Old 03-26-2013, 01:00 PM
Ling

^^^
Old 03-26-2013, 01:02 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by inchspinner View Post
"W" lets hear your story and see your fish!
Bruh, we was up in West Cove and the tide was out so thought I could try wading but jumped out the boat and water went over my waiters. Went over to the wiers and try an catch bait but all them potlickers was blocking my entrance so found some mullits flickin at SuperCut and broke out da cast net. Got that all tangled up in my trawling motor so had to cut it. Bunch of potlickers still all up in Turner's so we went midlake area and seen some birds working without know pilgrims on em so we got in em with them sparkle beetles. I try to throw a topwater but a dang loon catch my bait in him mouth. Next cast, big blowup on my clown spook and I thoughting it was a red and didn't get the net and when I seen it swerl on top i seen them spots on its tale. Hollered 'get the net' and we got that big girl up in the Haynie and we was high fiving. We didn't have know scale but we measure her and she was 25.35 inches, but she was FAT man, I have never seen such a fat fish. There was a 12" ladiefish in her mouth. I call my buddy who is a biolologist and he gave me a length/width chart for weight but it wrong. For that inches and the biggest girth they have would only make that trout 6.75 lbs and we know that rong, cuz my biologist friend work it out on his calculater and he he come up with 6lbs 12 oz. I did my own calculations from a formula MathGeek give me and had to exskrapolate a few numbers but we figger her weigh about 9.8 lbs. I got a replika up at the camp but it don't do her justice
Old 03-26-2013, 01:07 PM
Great White

Quote:
Bruh, we was up in West Cove and the tide was out so thought I could try wading but jumped out the boat and water went over my waiters. Went over to the wiers and try an catch bait but all them potlickers was blocking my entrance so found some mullits flickin at SuperCut and broke out da cast net. Got that all tangled up in my trawling motor so had to cut it. Bunch of potlickers still all up in Turner's so we went midlake area and seen some birds working without know pilgrims on em so we got in em with them sparkle beetles. I try to throw a topwater but a dang loon catch my bait in him mouth. Next cast, big blowup on my clown spook and I thoughting it was a red and didn't get the net and when I seen it swerl on top i seen them spots on its tale. Hollered 'get the net' and we got that big girl up in the Haynie and we was high fiving. We didn't have know scale but we measure her and she was 25.35 inches, but she was FAT man, I have never seen such a fat fish. There was a 12" ladiefish in her mouth. I call my buddy who is a biolologist and he gave me a length/width chart for weight but it wrong. For that inches and the biggest girth they have would only make that trout 6.75 lbs and we know that rong, cuz my biologist friend work it out on his calculater and he he come up with 6lbs 12 oz. I did my own calculations from a formula MathGeek give me and had to exskrapolate a few numbers but we figger her weigh about 9.8 lbs. I got a replika up at the camp but it don't do her justus
Pics or it didn't happen.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:09 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Pics or it didn't happen.
Camera was in my waiters and get wet when I jump in My boga was sent back to get refurbished also!
Old 03-26-2013, 01:10 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Bruh, we was up in West Cove and the tide was out so thought I could try wading but jumped out the boat and water went over my waiters. Went over to the wiers and try an catch bait but all them potlickers was blocking my entrance so found some mullits flickin at SuperCut and broke out da cast net. Got that all tangled up in my trawling motor so had to cut it. Bunch of potlickers still all up in Turner's so we went midlake area and seen some birds working without know pilgrims on em so we got in em with them sparkle beetles. I try to throw a topwater but a dang loon catch my bait in him mouth. Next cast, big blowup on my clown spook and I thoughting it was a red and didn't get the net and when I seen it swerl on top i seen them spots on its tale. Hollered 'get the net' and we got that big girl up in the Haynie and we was high fiving. We didn't have know scale but we measure her and she was 25.35 inches, but she was FAT man, I have never seen such a fat fish. There was a 12" ladiefish in her mouth. I call my buddy who is a biolologist and he gave me a length/width chart for weight but it wrong. For that inches and the biggest girth they have would only make that trout 6.75 lbs and we know that rong, cuz my biologist friend work it out on his calculater and he he come up with 6lbs 12 oz. I did my own calculations from a formula MathGeek give me and had to exskrapolate a few numbers but we figger her weigh about 9.8 lbs. I got a replika up at the camp but it don't do her justice

Yesssss!!!! Lmao
Old 03-26-2013, 01:10 PM
Great White

Quote:
Camera was in my waiters and get wet when I jump in My boga was sent back to get refurbished also!
Yeah, sure..................
Old 03-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
EXSKRAPOLATE???? Hahahahaha, now THAT'S funny stuff
Old 03-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Few Hogs .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130326_00131329.jpg (40.5 KB, 245 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130326_0013139.jpg (43.0 KB, 245 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130326_0013126.jpg (184.7 KB, 242 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130326_00131638.jpg (164.7 KB, 245 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130326_00132034.jpg (48.5 KB, 243 views)
Old 03-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,707

6.25 I clicked the wrong button, 6-5 instead of 7-6. I must be slydexic!
Old 03-26-2013, 01:30 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Few Hogs .

Them first two pics the same fish? Same number of specks.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:32 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:

You screwed the whole thing up with Replica , you know we only skin mount our fish.. This is not soft pilgrim Toledo Bend crap around here !
Old 03-26-2013, 01:36 PM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

W which one you put on the wall