SaltyCajun.com http://www.geaux-outdoors.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 04-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 553
Default Bayou Black Cutoff

Can you run the Bayou Balck Cutoff all the way to Sabine Lake? I took a look on Google Earth and it looks like it is blocked by a road/bridge south of the Intercoastal. Is most of that marsh private or can you fish the ponds? I understand the area is pretty closed during hunting season just wasn't sure on fishing in the spring & summer. Thanks for you help.

GG
Old 04-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 600

Any help on this one? A while back you guys pointed out this area for a small boat. The wife and I are in town (my work) and we took a look at the area. We got a little nervous over the posted signs off the bayou. We didn't get down to the bridge/road but would like to go further south. You also suggested the Salt Ditch and have managed to catch some Reds both north and south of the Intercoastal, THANKS!!!. Thanks again for your help and really enjoyed fishing your area.

GG Mac
Macky
Old 04-03-2013, 03:06 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 652

There is a swing bridge that stays open most of the time. All of the marsh is private.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,466

There is access to Sabine Reserve marsh down Greens Bayou. There are also other natural waterways you can fish. The comment " All the marsh is private" in no way applies to that area. It would be better to say some marsh is private but there is still some public water despite the best efforts of rich land owners to horde as much as they can for themselves.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:41 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,424

Quote:
Originally Posted by evis102 View Post
There is access to Sabine Reserve marsh down Greens Bayou. There are also other natural waterways you can fish. The comment " All the marsh is private" in no way applies to that area. It would be better to say some marsh is private but there is still some public water despite the best efforts of rich land owners to horde as much as they can for themselves.
I don't like it that almost all marsh is private but what is really bad is that some of the rich land owners want to make the canals and waterways private. Only in Louisiana.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:02 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by evis102 View Post
Thanks guys for the info and help. Evis 102 I will take a look at Greens the next time out. I really appreciate your help. The wife was freaked out by the signs. Back home we see a few posted sign but only for hunting season. Fishing is okay. This is all new to us and we are not looking for trouble.

Macky & GG Mac
Old 04-07-2013, 05:23 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

They bayou is public. You can run from the ICW to Sabine.
Stay off the banks. There are a lot of cypress stumps along the edge of the bayou.