SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 02-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Targeting redfish with my Brother

After going offshore we put up the Glaicer Bay this morning and Headed to Venice with the 226 Avenger about noon looking for redfish. We ran down red pass and cut into the North/South canal. The water was muddy as heck. It did not take me long to reverse direction and head into the wagon wheel. Water was better but still not looking good. I slipped into Yellow Cotton Bay and headed towards Spanish pass. If these names get you confused you should try running them without getting lost.

Saw some movement on a shallow mud flat so we set up shop. Did we ever Jan hooks up first with Mepps spinner and after some good fighting the #7 snap swivel broke. I hook up and the rod I had was not adjusted right but I did not figure I needed to adjust the drag . Time for me to retie another new gold spoon on. We both hook up again and the fish throw the hooks. Not our day.

These are good size fish and we still have nothing in the boat. My brother is having a ball and I am getting upset. He just is loving the fight and I can not stand loosing any fish. Well I finaly got a chance to net something and this is my brother's first redfish.

It was 29 inches and just under 10 pounds. Nice way to start. I also got into the act with a 33 incher. This is a picture of the 26 plus incher. A good slot fish for a tournament.

Our problem was nothing was small. We can only keep one each over 27 inches. Unfortunatly we were only able to bring 3 home. I managed to get one just over 26 inches. My brother had a blast and is hooked on redfishing. I left the boat at Lee's houseboat and we will be after the redfish every day untill he leaves to go back home to Southington Connecticut.

Life is Good!

Capt Hoop
Our Freedom
Old 02-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Nice!!!!
Old 02-03-2012, 10:38 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

[QUOTE=capt hoop;387697]After going offshore we put up the Glaicer Bay this morning and Headed to Venice with the 226 Avenger about noon looking for redfish. We ran down red pass and cut into the North/South canal. The water was muddy as heck. It did not take me long to reverse direction and head into the wagon wheel. Water was better but still not looking good. I slipped into Yellow Cotton Bay and headed towards Spanish pass. If these names get you confused you should try running them without gethooks. Not our day.

Not at all..........worked at the Targa plant right there for 2 years along with a couple others on this site, Yellow Cotton was my backyard You passed up several holes on your route that will stay clear even when the Wheel gets muddy & you can hammer the reds in.

Nice trip
Old 02-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

This mepps?
Old 02-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726

I have been here since 2003 and have only fished offshore but I do know a lot of the inshore area from Port Sulphur down to run without getting into too much trouble I am just learning the inshore area as far as the holes to hop into. Just got a 226 avenger. I have previously run my 26 Glaicer Bay in the areas I mentioned. Used to run from Venice to Buras through Yellow Cotton and Hospital bay. Have run it all the way to willkinson bayou on the west side. Also am just as familiar on the east side up past the Mr Go. Just learning details of the areas slowly. Retired plenty of time. The comment about the names was for some of my friends in Connecticut and others not from around here.

Same meps but with a yellow skirted hook.

Last edited by capt hoop; 02-03-2012 at 11:04 PM. Reason: added comment
Old 02-03-2012, 11:11 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

There's so much to learn in that marsh that it's unreal!!!!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:44 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,995

Very nice capt.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,750

Good trip capt...
Old 02-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,358

another great report, good job!
Old 02-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt hoop View Post
I have been here since 2003 and have only fished offshore but I do know a lot of the inshore area from Port Sulphur down to run without getting into too much trouble I am just learning the inshore area as far as the holes to hop into. Just got a 226 avenger. I have previously run my 26 Glaicer Bay in the areas I mentioned. Used to run from Venice to Buras through Yellow Cotton and Hospital bay. Have run it all the way to willkinson bayou on the west side. Also am just as familiar on the east side up past the Mr Go. Just learning details of the areas slowly. Retired plenty of time. The comment about the names was for some of my friends in Connecticut and others not from around here.

Same meps but with a yellow skirted hook.
Ya know any Franovich's or LeBoeuf's ?? Mostly EMT's, PPSO, and welders ?
Old 02-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,978

Great report and nice trip!
Old 02-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,040

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
This mepps?
Old Skool Redfish bait!!