SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 06-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,075
Default Beach 6/7

Okay, I'll chime in here with a report. Not a good one. The only thing good about my trip today was that I didn't break anything. I launched out of my neighborhood at 5:45 and had to be back for noon. I hauled out of Prien and made the long haul to the beach. I've never fished the beach from my boat, and I was hoping the north wind would have conditions right. Well, when I hit the rocks the water was stained. Not terrible but not great. Wasn't sure how to choose where to fish. Not much bait moving and didn't see any fish feeding. First set of rocks hooked a monster trout on plastic.......got really excited.......lost it at the boat going for the net. Didn't get another bite for the next 2 hours. I couldn't stay out any longer, but the water was clearing a little the longer I was out there.

While I fished one set of rocks, I did see a guide boat 2 sets down from me catching a few trout with live bait on popping cork. So, obviously there were fish there. Only problem was that I didn't have live bait. Threw everything at em with no luck.

Hauled it back into the lake. Water looked awesome at SuperCut, but there was no tide. The north end of the lake looked like iced tea but better than last time I fished. Caught a bunch of hard heads and drum. 50 miles of pain.

On another note, we crushed the crabs Monday behind Lambert's. Prolly should have gone crabbing again today!! Lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg marsh sc.jpg (74.9 KB, 409 views)
File Type: jpg crabs.jpg (62.6 KB, 408 views)
Old 06-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,750

Great haul on crabs....
Old 06-09-2013, 07:06 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 8,015

That top pic is awesome. What kinda camera did you take it with?
Old 06-09-2013, 07:49 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,502

DrJay, The staff at LC Urgent Care did a great job on my son's ingrown townail last week, and everyone was efficient and friendly.

My kids have been getting great workouts the past two weeks fishing cracked crab on the bottom just west of the jetties, either just N or S of the cut through or just west between the end and the green channel marker. Kids aren't elitists, they don't care what's pulling our lines. If not bull redfish (we landed 22 in five trips), we've been catching a few bull drum, plenty of gafftops in the 4-7 lb range, and even one shark (thrilled my boys to no end). There are plenty of dolphins to see (my children saw the pink one) and the occasional big sea turtle.

Fished a bit of mullet with positive results, but cracked crab is the real key to consistent success.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,075

MR CRAB: That is the Iphone 5 using the panorama function. That is the best thing about the Iphone camera. Thanks man!

MathGeek: I'm glad my peeps took good care of your son. Let me know if you ever need anything. We can swap USAFA stories. Thanks for the tips.