SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:10 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

[quote=Skeeterbite;559882]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
God is a fair and just God....God is love...

Hmm...

If god loves everyone unconditionally and is FAIR AND JUST, yet knows each soul from beginning to end, how is it fair that he creates a soul that will go to hell? Where's the fairness in that? Really. God is all knowing from beginning to end. He knows where a person will end up before they are created. How is that fair and just, and how would God love that person if he knows they are going to hell before they are born???

God doesnt create a soul which will go to hell. He actually creates one which is born only with the venial sins. God does however create souls with free will. If one uses that free will to choose the ways of satan and not repent before death, scripture tells us we will certainly suffer in hell for eternity.
But.....God knows a person from beginning to end...he is omnipotent. If he already knows a soul will deny him, why create the soul?
Old 03-14-2013, 05:12 PM
Sailfish

Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1363299165059.jpg (35.8 KB, 111 views)
Old 03-14-2013, 05:16 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post

???????
Old 03-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Flounder

Cash: 649

[quote=mcjaredsandwich;559884]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeterbite View Post

But.....God knows a person from beginning to end...he is omnipotent. If he already knows a soul will deny him, why create the soul?

Im not versed well enough enough in theology to answer that one. Sometimes we just have to rely on our faith. We will all discover the answers to our questions in the end. I believe we must thoroughly understand the implications of all God"s commandments and follow them so that we can assure our souls end up in the proper place to receive those answers.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:28 PM
Sailfish

The golden rule is more applicable than anything. To each his own. Carry on gents.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

I have many friends of all faiths, religions or what ever you choose to call it and I wont criticize any of them or yall, which I would like to consider frinds also, my view is I know how I was raised and what I believe and that its pretty much impossible for anyone to change that unless God gives me a sign of needing to change my beliefs and anyone of yall should feel the same and I respect that. I do feel as I stated earlier, and I include churchs of my belief in this, that alot of churchs have capitalized on the business aspect of all of this and that is a shame and disgrace.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
I have many friends of all faiths, religions or what ever you choose to call it and I wont criticize any of them or yall, which I would like to consider frinds also, my view is I know how I was raised and what I believe and that its pretty much impossible for anyone to change that unless God gives me a sign of needing to change my beliefs and anyone of yall should feel the same and I respect that. I do feel as I stated earlier, and I include churchs of my belief in this, that alot of churchs have capitalized on the business aspect of all of this and that is a shame and disgrace.
Agreed

Sent from my stupid iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Also I think Pentecostals are picked on questioned and attacked more than any other religions.

Sent from my stupid iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,038

I'm pretty sure jews might have a claim to the most persecuted religion in modern times.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:08 PM
Flounder

Cash: 654

God has to create a soul in order for him to love it. He cannot love what does not exist.

The Pentecostals and Jews are persecuted a lot and that's ashamed.

Jesus repeated over and over in the gospels to love one another. EVERYONE despite who they are or where they come from. I think that's what we all have to strive to do. As hard as that is sometimes.

Great discussion though guys. Lets all thank God that we can all choose the best way we feel to love him. And that he gives us the opportunity to get after those fish that we get a little possessed with, me being the guiltiest.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:12 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac View Post
I'm pretty sure jews might have a claim to the most persecuted religion in modern times.
Holocaust and all. Yeah, I think you have a point. Fact is, last I checked, no one is a theologian on this site. The Bible specifically states though that man was created in God's image, with no sin. The Devil, or serpent, tempted Eve into sin. She and Adam had free will, they had souls. God does not create a soul with the intent of it going to hell. The devil is responsible for those acts. So I am taught in my faith. What others teach, I do not claim to know, because I am not of other faiths.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618

Smalls and Skeeterbite,

Thanks for once again defending (educating others) our Catholic faith.

I'll make this short. Born and raised Catholic, attended Catholic school, sheltered life? Maybe. 25 years ago, started college at McNeese. Philosophy 101, what a shock, I had never before heard anyone speak negatively of the Catholic relegion. Funny thing was, the class was very diverse per relegions, but every one of them was bashing the catholic faith. I just sat there, and never said a word. Lesson learned.

I feel as long as a man has faith, and believes in God, no matter what relegion, is all we need. Just so happens I was raised Catholic, but I never have and never will say anything negative about another relegion or try to disprove it.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:04 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,609

bump for TBO