SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:00 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130
Hairout Ebay f@kz!!!!!

Just an FYI people are scamming online buyers on EBAY. My relative (whom is very close to me) just got scammed out of 9k. Story goes: Relative looks at boat and places a bid.. he got out bid. Email pops up with elaborate detail on EBAY's second option (elaborate story of how the highest bidder did not follow the rules and guidelines of EBAY). Needless to say the emails are elaborate and have authentication codes, ebay signatures, logos, ebay protection policy. Seems legit. My relative contacts the seller and he proceeds to tell my dad elaborate story of him being out of town and he will ship the boat from Houma to him without payment. Somehow my relative got conned into providing a security deposit or something... After about 5 emails that looked authentic and very trustable my relative looks at the account and calls to see some details about the boat. The original seller says "sorry sir but I sold that boat 2 days ago... you are not bidding on my boat!!!" Relative calls EBAY. They deny authentication of the codes and the emails. now he is out 9k. He did not go through paypal... SUCKS.

Second verse: I call my father inlaw who was just about to purchase a boat. I say HOLD UP MAN... let me check it out. I go on EBAY website and call the first number. directed to a foreigner who tells me an elaborate way of how he needs to pay ebay before the shipment of the boat. I say WHOA who is gonna pay the shipping. The foreigner seems confused and keeps cutting out... I say "why are you cutting out????? you should be on a land line!!" Next step: we find the other ebay number and call customer service. They say "NO SIR the process you were told was incorrect and that account is fraudulent!!!!!!" at this point I am mother F^&^(* furious! Somebody needs to be held accountable if this fraudulent number is on their home page. This is NOT the first scam I heard of today after tons of research. These people come up with elaborate stories and try to get you to give them Visa #s before shipping. which we all KNOW shipping is a butt load of $$$ and usually covered by the buyer.

Well its off to the better business bureau for my relative. I saved my father in law 12K today by telling him to check out the authentication on the bid. Sad day for my relative. Truly sad. Pisses me off that EBAY will not own up to their fraudulent number on their contact page. Or atleast get their SH## straight with their representatives.

People these emails are elaborate... I would've fell for them if I was in that situation.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:06 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING OFF EBAY WITHOUT USING PAYPAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW you will never get that money back!!! If you would of used PayPal it would be protected
Old 04-22-2013, 09:10 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING OFF EBAY WITHOUT USING PAYPAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW you will never get that money back!!! If you would of used PayPal it would be protected
I didn't buy jack... unfortunately someone I Know did. This is just a warning for those who didn't know. Crazy that it happened TWICE within an hour!!!
Old 04-22-2013, 09:28 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,833

Quote:

This ^^^^^
Old 04-22-2013, 09:47 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,552

Sorry to hear this and thanks for sharing...might prevent a member from the same fate!!

These scams are prevalent on Craigslist especially concerning four wheelers an side by sides...can't trust anyone...personally I wouldn't purchase a boat of eBay but that's me...it's buyer beware and if its too good to be true it probably is...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 04-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Salt... its time for a real men of genius
Old 04-23-2013, 06:01 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,717

Quote:
Salt... its time for a real men of genius
Doo it salt! Doo it!
Old 04-23-2013, 06:59 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Open View Post
Doo it salt! Doo it!
LOL I havent done one of those in a loooong time. I will see if i can come up with something today in my spare time.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:23 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

We had a litter of Shih Tzu puppies for sale that we listed in the local paper.

The people that call and try to scam you are rediculous.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:31 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

Can you imagine the amount of money these scammers bring in??? Wow. Prime example is LAS classifieds, full of scammers. No phone numbers, just an email addy and the deals are too good to be true.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:39 AM
Sailfish

Default not as funny

definately not my best work but here ya go for now

Bud light presents real men of genius (Real men of genius)
Today we salute you Mr. Ebay Account Phisher. (Mr. Ebay Account Phisher) Thanks to you, people everywhere can buy boats, RVs, cars, and trucks for ½ of the sticker price and have it sent to them for FREE…..(Wow what an investment!) Knowing we can’t authenticate, extrapolate, investigate, or conjugate simple terms you miraculously con us into down payments (No spreakinzie da interweb lingo). Interested in saving money??? What about saving time? Give me that double check discount. (Double check discount!!!) Believe it or not only you can drop the price down by 5/8 and still afford to pay your own shipping. (Tooo good to be true!!!!) Only you can master the english language and conjure up names like Gene Kaworski, Tsnarnev Thibodeaux, and Tommy Kriestchez (Half Chechen Cajun!)

Soo crack open a bud light oh philosophical phisher, when it comes to stories… your cousin’s brother’s uncle’s friend is handling all the details and you are in Iran solving global warming (What a role model American!)
Old 04-23-2013, 08:19 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltERedneck View Post
Just an FYI people are scamming online buyers on EBAY. My relative (whom is very close to me) just got scammed out of 9k. Story goes: Relative looks at boat and places a bid.. he got out bid. Email pops up with elaborate detail on EBAY's second option (elaborate story of how the highest bidder did not follow the rules and guidelines of EBAY). Needless to say the emails are elaborate and have authentication codes, ebay signatures, logos, ebay protection policy. Seems legit. My relative contacts the seller and he proceeds to tell my dad elaborate story of him being out of town and he will ship the boat from Houma to him without payment. Somehow my relative got conned into providing a security deposit or something... After about 5 emails that looked authentic and very trustable my relative looks at the account and calls to see some details about the boat. The original seller says "sorry sir but I sold that boat 2 days ago... you are not bidding on my boat!!!" Relative calls EBAY. They deny authentication of the codes and the emails. now he is out 9k. He did not go through paypal... SUCKS.

Second verse: I call my father inlaw who was just about to purchase a boat. I say HOLD UP MAN... let me check it out. I go on EBAY website and call the first number. directed to a foreigner who tells me an elaborate way of how he needs to pay ebay before the shipment of the boat. I say WHOA who is gonna pay the shipping. The foreigner seems confused and keeps cutting out... I say "why are you cutting out????? you should be on a land line!!" Next step: we find the other ebay number and call customer service. They say "NO SIR the process you were told was incorrect and that account is fraudulent!!!!!!" at this point I am mother F^&^(* furious! Somebody needs to be held accountable if this fraudulent number is on their home page. This is NOT the first scam I heard of today after tons of research. These people come up with elaborate stories and try to get you to give them Visa #s before shipping. which we all KNOW shipping is a butt load of $$$ and usually covered by the buyer.

Well its off to the better business bureau for my relative. I saved my father in law 12K today by telling him to check out the authentication on the bid. Sad day for my relative. Truly sad. Pisses me off that EBAY will not own up to their fraudulent number on their contact page. Or atleast get their SH## straight with their representatives.

People these emails are elaborate... I would've fell for them if I was in that situation.
That's some quality points as a son-in-law anyway. Will come in handy at some point, no matter how rosy things might be right now
Old 04-23-2013, 08:23 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,732

If they provided the "deposit" by credit card contact the credit card company and stop the charge.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:29 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,468

Go to the FBI's website and file a complaint. if money's lost they will get involved.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:33 AM
Sailfish

My relative is going to file complaint with FBI, better business bureau, and has already contacted Ebay and bank.... He has done all he can do. He is not an ignorant person I just dont think he was "all there" on this transaction or didnt realize paypal was the better option. The whole point of me putting this out there was to save someone else the heartache of losing BIG $$$$. BC this site is a bunch of fishermen and two boats in one day was crazy to me.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:36 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

My dad had something similar done to him through Craigslist. He was trying to sell a motorcycle. They told him they had already sent the funds through PayPal and that they were on hold in his account and that they needed him to ship bike to them then once received and inspected they would release hold on funds in his Paypal account. So he starts telling me about it. I said "when did you get a PayPal account?" He said come to think of it I don't have one. So I looked at this emails from PayPal and they almost looked legit except for the copyright tag next to PayPal name. Good thing he told me about it. So they have PayPal scammers as well.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:36 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:

Today we salute you Mr. Ebay Account Phisher. (Mr. Ebay Account Phisher) Thanks to you, people everywhere can buy boats, RVs, cars, and trucks for ½ of the sticker price and have it sent to them for FREE…..(Wow what an investment!) Knowing we can’t authenticate, extrapolate, investigate, or conjugate simple terms you miraculously con us into down payments (No spreakinzie da interweb lingo). Interested in saving money??? What about saving time? Give me that double check discount. (Double check discount!!!) Believe it or not only you can drop the price down by 5/8 and still afford to pay your own shipping. (Tooo good to be true!!!!) Only you can master the english language and conjure up names like Gene Kaworski, Tsnarnev Thibodeaux, and Tommy Kriestchez (Half Chechen Cajun!)

Soo crack open a bud light oh philosophical phisher, when it comes to stories… your cousin’s brother’s uncle’s friend is handling all the details and you are in Iran solving global warming (What a role model American!)
Lmao
Old 04-23-2013, 08:44 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:

LOL...pretty damn funny if you ask me
Old 04-23-2013, 09:13 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

A guy at work, who knows little about the Internet got scammed for $5500. Thought he was buying a jeep on E-bay. Turned in bids, started recieving emails he thought was still through E-bay. Looked legit to him, paid the $5500 for the jeep and got screwed! Never got a dime back, money gone.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:16 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-04-23 09.14.05.jpg (56.6 KB, 303 views)