SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:26 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

The free shipping seemed legit bc it was in Houma... the original seller was located in houma. sooo he was thinking the seller was going to drive to him and drop off boat. Now if it wouldve been located in washington then i think he would've keyed in on the "free shipping"
Old 04-23-2013, 09:42 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,393

I bought two Milwaukee batteries the other day. They were $104 for 2. I can't get 1 locally for that so I buy em. Get em in only only one works. I went from saving $134 to $15. What a deal! Lol
Old 04-23-2013, 10:42 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

My uncle almost got scammed on craigslist for a Jeep. Thing looked awesome and they were only asking $2,500. He emailed the person selling i and they wrere "newly divorced" selling her husbands jeep to piss him off. Gave him the whole thing about working out of town and will sip it once shes back in and receives the money and all this BS. I told him to hold off and I sent her an email saying I was intersted. This time it was a Marine shipping out in a few weeks and didn't have a place to store it. I looked on the craigslist website, and both of those stories were verbatim on the scam warning section. DO YOUR HOMEWORK before making ANY purchase online.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:13 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Just don't buy on-line! Local merchants would appreciate your business! being a mom and pop business I will always go to locals first before a chain;...and never, ever on line.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:21 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefman View Post
Just don't buy on-line! Local merchants would appreciate your business! being a mom and pop business I will always go to locals first before a chain;...and never, ever on line.
I agree...I try to shop as local as possible. The customer service that comes with it is usually worth it, even if its a couple dollars more.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:21 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 909

I tried to buy a car out of Houston on Ebay. It was only like $4,500, with a $500 deposit required. Well, the buyer sent me an email as soon as the auction closed that they did not want to go through paypal, they wanted me to wire them money. I told them either I could pay when I picked it up or use paypal. Well, they said no to both options. I went ahead and paid the $500 deposit, since the auction terms gave me 72 hours for the deposit and 14 days to pay for and pick up the car. They ended up stalling, not wanting me to drive to Houston, saying they would ship the car after I wired the money. Well eventually I said I am coming to Houston today to get the car, or I want my deposit back (I recorded the call). They said I couldn't come pick it up without wiring the money first. I challenged it through paypal, and they set up a 3 way call with an investigator and the seller. I played the audio from the call and had my money back in minutes, plus the buyer paid me to not leave negative feedback (guess he didn't know I couldn't leave less that neutral feedback at this point). I don't use ebay much anymore. There are better deals out there.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:32 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefman View Post
Some things are you save way to much money online

Take fishing Hooks.......i can get 150 Gamagaksu (i know it's misspelled) hooks and true weight jig heads for 35.00 ship to door

Now find that local!!!!
Old 04-23-2013, 12:41 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618

ebay
1. always use paypal/visa
2. never do the "second chance" thing

craiglist

1. never reply to emails on criagslist...most are spammers and will collect your email address you just provided for them and use it to spam you and then sell it to other spammers......call or text
2. if you selling something on CL..."hide" not "anonymize" your email address and force them to call you or text you....if not spammers will respond to your ad acting like a buyer and when you reply to them...they got your email address ...
3. when you post your number...use numbers and letters....I.E..three3seven-eight24-zero56two

this one is used one both.....if it sounds too good to be true...it prob is..
Old 04-23-2013, 12:58 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Some things are you save way to much money online

Take fishing Hooks.......i can get 150 Gamagaksu (i know it's misspelled) hooks and true weight jig heads for 35.00 ship to door

Now find that local!!!!
Come on W!.....I bet there are a least 2 local bait companies that would give you a great price, if not free, if you promote or use their products.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:13 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,503

man yall must have way more money than i do. no way i am risking thousands on buying something without at least calling the seller and going look at it before i buy. if its too good to be true it usually is.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:29 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 714

A friend of mine almost purchased a 4wheeler off of la sportsman the other day. Had a 504 number and when he called the guy did not answer but texted him. He said the bike was actually located somewhere up north but he would ship it for free! Sounds great, right? Negative! The guy would not talk to him over the phone and also said he would only except payment via google wallet or something like that. Thank god he didn't go through with it.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:28 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,044

When I was in the market for a Toyota I replied to a add from my bank email address. I had my title and everything of where I work. They guy tried to pull the same with me. When i was in the retail world we delt with all kinds of fraud charges where people got taken advantage of. It's said to say but while we are working people are trying to steal our hard earned money. If you on a business and write a lot of checks you need positive pay or seek other means of payment. I deal with fraud almost everyday, trust its worth the cost.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:51 AM
Flounder

Cash: 686

Do not buy any high ticket item and then exchange money unless you can touch it with your own two hands and able to talk face to face with the owner.
Whether it be craiglist, ebay, yada yada. I aslo wont buy smaller items if the seller doesnt take paypal. I get alot of request to send a money order and they will ship. Well they may or may not, dont need that headache.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:01 AM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

I sell alot of lures on ebay, but, if you don't do PayPal...no sale!! I have done a couple'a e-checks but that just means that I don't ship until the money reaches my PayPal account.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:40 PM
Redfish

Cash: 944

I bought 2 delorme gps units on ebay. one for me and one for my boss. 150 for one and 180 for the other. paid with paypal. got the out of town, I will get my son to ship them to you BS. got an old paperback book in the mail. Called the guy he said his son messed up the boxes. ok ship them to me. he said he would. never did. never answered the phone again. because he shipped me something, I was supposed to ship it back to him. I told ebay that was bs. that he was a scammer and I wasn't paying $5 bucks to ship a nickel paperback book back to him.

They eventually refunded our money. Definitely have to be careful. especially for new in the box cheaper than you can get anywhere else stuff.