SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion > Hunting Reports

Hunting Reports Read and share your hunting reports here!

Old 10-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,045
Default Bowkill

Season started in Texas on Sept. 29th and after the rain stopped, the wind started but I managed to stick a spike Sunday afternoon. He ran about 30-40 yards and went down quick. I got busted bad by an old doe that just walked up while I was getting settled in up in a tree. I looked down and she's just standing there looking at me. Boy did I feel like an a$$! She started stomping and raising hell but wouldn't leave however she hadn't started blowing (yet) She started to leave but came back for another session of stomping and raising hell but she couldn't get me
to move, that's when she started blowing and took off down a creek and kept blowing for a long ways out. I think it's safe to say that if I whack her, it won't be from that same stand. Had a nice 9pt under my stand Monday morning but his horns didn't meet the 13" min antler restriction in that county. Hope everyone has good luck this year and remember that any deer taken with a bow is a trophy!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,391

Nice. Hope I see something my first day. Sucks being offshore and missing the first 11 days.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:21 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

LOL, the other day as soon as my feet hit the stand I hear something on the ground in the leaves. Figured it was a skirl. I look down and there is a doe right under me. She then takes one more step and starts sniffing my bow which is hanging from the pull rope at the bottom of the tree. Hard to kill a deer with your bow up a deer's nose. I did kill a doe the following morning.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,045

Hahahahaha Feesherman I'd have loved to have seen that, I'd still be laughing. I believe I'm gonna get after them bushytails this weekend but possibly head back
to Texas for the weekend of the 19th and try to shish-ka-bob me a big fat nanny doe!